A Reliable Dating Site

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by SR_NullandVoid, Nov 8, 2011.

1. SR_NullandVoid

SR_NullandVoid New Member

I am almost certain that this is the right place to post this, if not I'm surer it will be moved somewhere then.

With that let me begin.

I am in the process of trying to find someone to love. I know some people might suggest going to a gay bar or something like that, but thats just not my thing.

I want to know if there are any reliable dating sites out there that I could use. Before anyone asks, yes I have tried my local GSA but I can't stand half the guys who are in it.

Please advise on this since I do not know where to start.

2. D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Albums:
    Why don't you google, ask gay friends, and if you live in Miami, that jumping city, you should not have a problem. Good luck in your search. Oh, by the way, love will find you, be patient.

3. aninnymouse

Gold Member

I don't think you'll find anything worthwhile on gay dating sites. The GSA was a strike, as you couldn't find anyone to connect with on a personal level.

The next thing would be to put yourself out there, and find other guys with similar interests to you. I'm sure that there are a variety of LGBT activities near where you are, that hold some people who have similar interests that aren't flakes.

4. SR_NullandVoid

Thats just it though, there are no activites around where I live.

5. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

match.com
    cupid.com
    plentyoffish.com

just a few...

all of these can help you filter through ... if you are looking for a relationship...
    of course, there is no guarantee you will find him... and at the same time, use caution and wisdom when meeting total strangers.

I suggest you chat, cam and if comfortable talk on the phone before actually meeting someone. The time spend online before meeting will help you decide whether or not you are comfortable enough to pursue meeting...

And start out slow with little expectations.

6. aninnymouse

Gold Member

OK, are there many gay men where you are? If so, then one of the best things you can do is to get out more, explore your interests. You're bound to meet people, and some of them will likely be gay. The best thing to do is to not have any attachment to things. Basically, let it flow. When you're unattached, oftentimes, the thing you want will come to you....

7. sgtrock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not sure about sites but why don’t you try not looking and sounding so desperate first. Then get involved in your community through church or other organizations where like minded people may be too.

As for being GAY that it seems today has even less of a factor in it. You live in Florida and you cant find anyone? There are many organizations there to get involved in such as Gay and Lesbian Teen outreach programs where you can help and support youth who may be having a tough time and through this you will meet like minded people I am sure that you can create a friendship with and then go from there.

Sometimes though whether or straight or gay if you look to hard you may pass by the one you should have seen.

Good luck with your efforts and stay safe

8. SR_NullandVoid

The thing about that is most of those programs are for people who have a "problem" with who they are, most of them damaged as a result. Even in Florida it is tough to find someone "worthwhile" and those who are gay tend to keep that part of themselves hidden (the ones who are way too out about it are nut jobs). In short it is easier said than done, I mean its not like there is a way to identify someone who is gay unless they tell you.

9. SR_NullandVoid

That sounds like a wash of lies. As I stated before there might be gay men out there but you cannot tell if they are or not unless they tell you. Even if you befriend them they may or maynot tell you, plus if the chance of both being gay is pretty slim. This is an inefficient way to go about it. most go to sites because at least they make it more clear cut about their sexual preference.

10. wappingite

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've made plenty of platonic friends on the gay chat sites and know people who have found longterm partners there as well...it's not always about hooking up. Try gay.com, gaydar.co.uk, even Grindr. Good luck and keep trying. If you're not out there, you won't meet anyone.

11. aninnymouse

Gold Member

Yeah, understood. However, are you looking for a LTR, a fuck buddy or a quick nut? IMO, those type of sites don't really breed LTR's.

The way I see it, you gotta start small. I'm not sure what your circle of friends is like, and what the situation is like in your part of Florida. However, even establishing friendships, if there's someone worth while, you can establish a friendship first. As they grow more comfortable with you, then, they will be more inclined to want to reveal all of themselves to you.

Start Small, don't be desperate, and don't be not unconfident. I know it's hard to find someone who is not an aching vortex of need, or not just damaged, but seemingly irretrievably broken. However, it is possible.

12. bimetaldude

bimetaldude Member

Albums:
    I joined Adam4Adam a few weeks ago and have had dozens of guys email me interested in hooking up. But I am not interested in that as I am partnered. I like having friends whom are LGBTG

13. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I recommend OKCupid

Worked for me in just a month... and everyone I have recommended it to had similar good results.

And its FREE.

Three things to know going in...

first- answer as many of the 900plus questions as you feel comfortable answering and make your answers public, especially if you have an explanation for your position on something. The more of the questions you answer, and the more anyone you are interested in answers... the more accurately you can rely on the 3 rating parameters. ... and the more you can eliminate of that awkward figuring someone else out shit that makes dating such a chore. Best to know before even contacting someone that they are a 'teabagger', or a 'Scientologist', or believe in the healing power of crystals... if they are or are not sexually adventurous... etc.

Don't even contact the folks who wont answer many questions, or whose answers are entirely concealed.

The three parameters are percentage Lover, Friend and Enemy. Lover percentages seem tied to questions about romance and sex... friend to other interests and opinions... but the real useful number is Enemy... don't even think about anyone with greater than 8% enemy rating.

And finally... do not rely on the site to find your ideal match... browse the profiles looking for folks whose ratings best match your own.

Other advice... men looking for women and men looking for men ought Not to post the best picture of themselves they can find. It is most important that when you first meet in real life, that a potential mate NOT be disappointed because you presented yourself as being way more attractive, younger, or thinner than you actually are... basically, you don't start off well when you start off with a betrayal of trust.

Additionally... you won't be able to find the right person until you can identify what kind of person is Truly right for you...
    So pay attention to the section of your profile where you state what you are looking for...
    Whatever has not worked in the past, probably won't work out in the future... so give some thought to why your prior relationships went south... and try to give a chance to a different kind of person than you usually went for.

#13 Phil Ayesho, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  14. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Think seriously about moving.

For the right relationship, I would relocate anywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted