A serious question.

D

deleted3272

Ok dont laugh but I have noticed that one of my balls hangs lower than the other, and is more mobile i guess you would say. the other sits higher and dosent move much, it feels like there is more attaching it than the loose one. so should I be worried or is this normal?

UniDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Big Ben IV said:
Ok dont laugh but I have noticed that one of my balls hangs lower than the other, and is more mobile i guess you would say. the other sits higher and dosent move much, it feels like there is more attaching it than the loose one. so should I be worried or is this normal?

Dude, don't worry. The testicles hang at different leverls in almost, if not every male. It has something to do with helping them regulate temperature. They move about constantly. Stnad and watch them sometime. It's actually kinda interesting.

EnglishGentleman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Totally normal Ben.

The Testes are suspended outside the body cavity to keep their temperature lower than the rest of your body in to make insemination easier (spermatozoa head towards heat sources, little biological heat-seeking missiles). Keeping them at different heights is another evolutionary expression of the same thing.

Most guy's balls hang unevenly, and the tubular tissue you describe outside the testis itself, but still within the scrotal sac is merely storage space for those sperm waiting to do their business. If removed and streched out (Ouch!) you'd find that the tissue in both testicles would be very close to eachother in length.

If you look closely enough you'll notice your eyes aren't totally even, your ears are slightly different heights and your hands and feet are a few millimetres different in size too.

D

deleted3272

I know they wont hang perfectly even. and the " tubular tissue" there is like one on the left and on the right there is like sompthing else holding it in place, its hard to describe.

EnglishGentleman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Big Ben IV said:
I know they wont hang perfectly even. and the " tubular tissue" there is like one on the left and on the right there is like sompthing else holding it in place, its hard to describe.

Balls are lumpy things Ben:biggrin1:

They aren't meant to hang evenly, though it wouldn't make you a mutant if they did. The human body is only approximately symmetrical. The best criterion to judge whether they're healthy is the absence or presence of hard tissue. If you can feel something in there that feels harder than the testes themselves it could be anything from scar tissue to a tumour, so it would be straight down to the doc's for you to check it out, especially if there's pain or discharge involved.

Otherwise, just let 'em sway in the breeze and be glad you got 'em.:cool:

D

deleted3272

no its kinda spongy not as hard as my testicles

EnglishGentleman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Congratulations Ben, sounds like you got a perfectly healthy pair of baby makin' juice bags!

If you really are concerned though, do seek a medical opinion, but that does sound normal to me.:smile:

D

deleted3272

Thanks guys, but why can I feel in on one and not the other, and why is it keeping the teste from mooving freely? It couldent be a hernia could it? I mean that would really hurt right.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, everyone, each and every male should know to perform a self exam. The link on this topic is a great educational tool which everyone between the ages of 13 to 50 should read. Anytime a different than normal feel is detected should be cause for major concern. That is what is so great about LPSG. We all can learn from each other.

caffeinated

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Big Ben IV said:
It couldent be a hernia could it? I mean that would really hurt right.

Hernias don't always hurt. Probably it is your epididymis, and you should feel something similar on the other side.

That being said, if it is at all worrying you, see a physician - even though it's probably normal, a little piece of mind goes a long way.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Big Ben IV said:

For the love of Pete, stop. You're making he horny.

NYC8"

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The epididymi are weird things... I kinda prefer not to think about them too much. Their size / noticeability and relative hardness varies over time, to some degree based on how long since the last time you came. I learned that from my doctor when I was 18, as I sat on the exam table trying my best not to cry, having laid awake the entire previous night crying and praying and nauseous, totally convinced that since I had walked in the office for having felt a suspicious lump on a nad that I would be going home that day minus one or both of them--if I was LUCKY.

Honest truth: after the exam and his announcing I was actually healthy, I got dressed, thanked him, walked into the hallway, and fainted against the wall. Don't know if I hit the ground or not. I woke up in another exam room getting smelling salts and forcefed a Coke.

Quoth the doctor (again true): "I didn't squeeze you THAT hard!"