A slut? I dont think so.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by oronero, Nov 8, 2004.

1. oronero

oronero New Member

If a man has sex with a woman that he may not have known for very long, he mysteriously turns her into a slut (tramp, hoe, or any number of derogatory names) as if his wand was really magical. Yet he is just being a man and deserves a pat on the back. I think this idea is ridiculous. If two mentally stable people are attracted to each other, like each other, respect each other, and happens to be horny I don't see the harm If they let nature take its course regardless of how long they've been acquainted. But that's just me what do you think?

PS: I am aware of STDs but I am interested in the philosophical aspect.

Good Day.

2. madame_zora

Gold Member

This has long been a source of annoyance with me. If a guy has a lot of easy sex, he's a stud, but if a woman does it, she's a slut. It's just society and I know better than to get causght up in other people's opinions, but it does irritate me that there's such a double standard.

Philosophically, it is my opinion that this originates from feelings of inadequacy amoung men. Many men like to believe that their women aren't very experienced, perhaps it comforts them to believe that they are not being compared to her former lovers. Women rarely get that kind of security so we just accept it. I have found that being open and honest about my own sexuality has been a real deterrant to dating in real life.

3. Max

Max New Member

It must in part relate to the assumption that entering a sexual relationship is an immense commitment for a woman, not without risk; but that a man's biological wiring encourages him to spread his seed (and his genes) as widely as possible. He chases, woos and conquers a woman, enjoys the sex — then moves on, his heart (as opposed to hers) hardly touched by any of it. His real attention is on work, or sport, or whatever—the women are just another sideline.

My own behaviour is not stud-like at all in this respect. In other words, I won't separate the sex from the relationship, and never have done so. Plenty of other men are the same. The assumption that all men behave like callous 'studs' is every bit as offensive as the reverse assumption about women.

From an lpsg perspective: quite a few people have reacted to the sight of my genitals by saying that I should be out using them on a new woman (or man) every day. Implying that I am 'wasting' them by not doing so. No doubt other big guys hear the same comments; sometimes it doesn't feel good to hear them.

4. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke New Member

The gay world will apply the term 'slut' to a male if he is judged to have particularly 'round heels' - that is to say, 'more so' than is normal for gay males I suppose.

5. wonderland

wonderland Member

I hate the societal double standard of stud vs. slut. In the past I have found that men that I thought were secure reacted badly when I told them how many men I had had sex with. This reaction occurred even if we had sex with about the same number of people. Considering my age and the number of relationship I have been in I thought the number was quite low. I see no end to this double standard so I just don't tell anymore. If individuals are safe and health really what does it matter?

6. madame_zora

Gold Member

I agree, Wonderland. I take realisitic precautions to protect my health and safety, but then I live my life as I see fit! The more men I find that do not accept this, the more certain I am that I will be alone for a long time. I have no intention of pretending to be something other than what I am- I don't brag about it, but I won't hedge around it either. Eventually I may find people who not only appreciate me for who I am, but celebrate my honesty, and if that doesn't happen, maybe it's just as well.

7. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

They're out there Zora. Or they're here...same thing really.

8. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yeah, I'd rather be open here and accepted than feel the need to be a false goddess out in the real world, lol.

9. Imported

Gold Member

NelsonMuntz84:

Why any guys asks a girl how many she has been with, I will never know, I mean is there an answer they would find acceptable ? and usually if the girl is clever, and most are, they just say a number less than the guy says to massage his ego.

I'd rather sleep with a girl (or guy if I was gay) who had 90 partners, than a girl (or guy if I was gay) who had cheated on 1 person.

The fact Women still need to deal with this double standard sorts the myth out that society is growing up, basically, it is okay for a girl to do it now (have as many sexual partners as they like) as long as :

they dont tell any future bf about

dont let anyone they know local know about (ie, go on a holiday to ibiza and get laid)

And of course, dont let on you enjoyed any of it. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted