A Song on Your Mind

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
It's kinda crazy. I don't listen to the radio very much except when I'm in the car on my way to campus or the gym or whatever. This is so goofy. Anyway, there's a really, really nice girl that, if situations had worked out differently, I would definitely ask out...

The latest single by Liz Phair, "Why Can't I," seems to, I dunno, touch me when I listen to it. It seems appropriate... at least the chorus does anyway...

<sings lowly>
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you?
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you?
</sings>

Any tunes caught in your head?

mhk: "While the moon wanes and waxes,
surely death and taxes are lurking out there.
Life is grand, love is real, and beauty is everywhere."
---Roger Clyne

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
my foot from the war path.
When you understand the sadness that drives the wrath.
Trust no more the forked tongues,
of the great chiefs in Washington."
---Roger Clyne

hawl: Dee, I refuse to get started on Liz Phair songs, "really, really nice" girls, "if situations had worked out differently", :p :'( etc.. Here's an article that's not entirely inappropriate for this forum (check out paragraph 16)-www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/2471/00000017.html. and, for my fellow hardcore Liz fans  :p , go to "Video" on this site-www.lizphair.com/ and check out the unreleased "Down" about her divorce.

HungRebel: "Hey mama....its that shit that makeyou move mama...get on the floor and move your booty mama...."

Black Eyed Peas - Hey Mama - it's the song from the apple iPod commercials :p

headbang8: I was listening to an NPR programme once which interviewed a professor who'd studied this phenomenon.   He maintained that the only known cure for a tune you can't get out of your head is to listen to the title music from "I Dream of Jeannie".  A real head cleaner--it'll get rid of any song.

Let us know if it works for you, Dee. If you want it to, that is.

Tender: anyone here a country fan?
i got it bad in my head lol

Not a Day Goes By.......

:(
Tender

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This works for me every time a tune gets stuck in my head. Every time it happens, I make myself sing another song and make myself keep it on my mind. Let me know if you're successful with this test.

Luke

inquiringmind: Hung Rebel,

Is that the Sean Jean song that has the man and woman in silouette? I was wondering what the heck he was saying. OK... The beat was kickin', but I can't see myself singing that, but that has been a source of consternation for me.I was wondering what that song was called.

Inquiringmind

HungRebel: yeah, that's the one. The other iPod commercial - the rock one - is Jet - Are You Gonna be My Girl.