A stuggling artists literature!

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by mephistopheles, Oct 27, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hello,

I've been writing for a while and I've been posting my sex stories at stories.xnxx.com... I've gotten pretty decent reviews and stuff, but my favorite story has recieved little to no repsonse...

I want someone to read it, it's got some nice sex scenes in it, but it also has a background and story. I'm working on a part to for it.

Can I persuade some of you to read it?

XNXX Sex Story : Nike a go go pt. 1

2. robzranger

robzranger New Member

Read your story. Interesting.

3. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    You know what else is interesting?

Paint drying, but that doesnt say much about anything at all.

Thanks for reading... And leaving a comment, sort of.

4. AndrewEndowed24

AndrewEndowed24 New Member

Albums:
    wow, someone took their self-righteous nihilism pills this morning. my guess is that you aren't good enough yet to be openly cocky, keep it in your pants tough guy.

5. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:

Wow, I thought I couldnt care less about robz comment... But I was wrong.

Let's read some of your writing, then I'll let you talk down about mine.

6. Doc

Doc New Member

Albums:
    Dude, I'm an artist, and I'll let you know one thing from experience, if you don't learn to take criticism with a smile and actually attempt to disgest information others give you, you will get nowhere.

Relax, encourage people to talk about your work and listen to what they have to say. You'll see, you will actually learn something and make it better.

Good luck.

7. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Good for you for writing. It is not easy.

Sex especially is not easy to write about, nor desire, nor a landscape, nor any of the thoughts they prick, nor the reasons for trying in the first place to put your thoughts out there for others to see.

Sex should be easy to write about, since it grabs the attention, but it's like painting a nude--easy prey for cliches. If you're serious about writing, though, I'd recommend a writer's group. A lot of cities have them. You can have some face to face interactions, and get a richer commentary and reaction to what you do than you will get here, smart as LPSG posters may be.

There are a lot of strategies and formulas for engaging people, but I think to succeed, you have to enjoy both the process and the unpredictability of what you are trying to do. After all, no one has ever done before what you are trying to do, in just the same way.

But you need feedback from strangers if you write, just like you need it if you paint or sing. Posts & emails may be a start, but I would recommend face to face interactions, maybe with you reading your piece to real people so they can pick up on your personality and tone, and compare that to the text. If you are sensitive, and interested in how they respond, and you want feedback, you'll be able to pick up signals. Writing is for others, not yourself. After all, you were there in the original moment. What you are doing now is trying to create an original moment with them.

Good luck.

8. OMGhi2U

OMGhi2U New Member

wierd. vauge, varrying tenses, and wierd. no offense though, just not my style

9. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Double Post

10. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the luck, I know I'll need it...

And I like criticism, I like to hear what people think about me and my writing, but considering I didn't recieve any criticism it's hard to accept it and digest it...

And I am in a sort of writers group atm... A high school writers club. And Sex stories isnt the only thing I write, it's just the only thing I can get people to read. No one seems to interested in character developement and great vocal paintings, all they want is tits, ass, and hard cock. In the wrters group I've read somethings and wrote something and for the most part they've said my work is very descriptive and paints a picture, and that it's very funny in a satircal kind of way, which I take as a compliment. They've only had a few complaints: It is grotesquly violent, maniacal, and somewhat dark. So I guess I'll have to tweak those a lil bit... not too much though.

Also to OMGhi2u:

This is somewht of a weird story, but I dont see how it is vauge, and those arent varrying tenses, it's the characters manner of speaking, he's a person just like anyone else, so he wont be using the best grammar n the world... It's the character talking, not me, always the character in the first person perspective.

11. smally

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Most times, you won't get feedback. When you ask for it and get it, you shouldn't argue with the people; just take it. You don't have to agree with them.

You're wrong, paint drying is not interesting.

Your story had only a couple minor spelling and punctuation issues. It was out there and creative. I liked it.

12. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can accept criticism, but aside from OMGhi2U I recieved no feedbck about my story... The only criticism I received was about my personality.

Oh well, fuck it.

Thanks for your feedback Smally, I apprecate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted