A stupid question about pierced nipples...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sorry ladies, but this question has been bothering me...

for those of you have (or know another woman/friend) pierced nipples, and also have, or are eventually planning on having children, how does the piercing affect breast-feeding? Obviously i figured you'd take *OUT* the piercings for the feedings, but wouldn't the incision through the nipple affect the small opening through which lactation occurs?

could the skin that forms around the piercing hole that runs through the nipple, not block off the ability for the milk to pass through and exit the nipple?

sorry if this sounds stupid, but i just was thinking about it :redface:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
my boobies are for recreational purposes only :smile:

there shouldn't be any problem as long as the women had her nipples pierced at least 10 months before she started breast feeding *so everything is healed up and there is no risk of infection*

once everything is healed the nipple is left intact after piercing. there are more than one little hole for the milk to pass through so the chances of a post bisecting and scar tissue closing off the hole is not something i think would be very common.

all she should have to do is remove the jewelry during feedings. she might have a few issues with the baby latching on properly, but with a bit of wiggling and fiddling both baby and mommy should work everything out. there might be an issue with milk being expressed too quickly for the baby to swallow, my friend Tiff had milk coming from the side of her nipple... but her lil man figured it out quick enough. after a couple messy burps he was like "got it, Mom's high flow i don't need to suck as hard"

i know some ladies get very sore/sensitive nipples from breast feeding so the posts might not be easy to get back in. maybe the Mom would let the piercings heal up while breast feeding and get it down when junior was ready for solid foods?

ml
i need to go google what the tiny lil holes in nipples are called. titty straw doesn't seem medical enough :tongue:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my boobies are for recreational purposes only :smile:

there shouldn't be any problem as long as the women had her nipples pierced at least 10 months before she started breast feeding *so everything is healed up and there is no risk of infection*

once everything is healed the nipple is left intact after piercing. there are more than one little hole for the milk to pass through so the chances of a post bisecting and scar tissue closing off the hole is not something i think would be very common.

all she should have to do is remove the jewelry during feedings. she might have a few issues with the baby latching on properly, but with a bit of wiggling and fiddling both baby and mommy should work everything out. there might be an issue with milk being expressed too quickly for the baby to swallow, my friend Tiff had milk coming from the side of her nipple... but her lil man figured it out quick enough. after a couple messy burps he was like "got it, Mom's high flow i don't need to suck as hard"

i know some ladies get very sore/sensitive nipples from breast feeding so the posts might not be easy to get back in. maybe the Mom would let the piercings heal up while breast feeding and get it down when junior was ready for solid foods?

ml
i need to go google what the tiny lil holes in nipples are called. titty straw doesn't seem medical enough :tongue:

thank you mickey...very informative :wink:

how about the "Nipple Milk Delivery Burrows"

:biggrin1:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
or perhaps the more exotic sounding "Leche Apertures"

or the "Craters of Lactose Outsourcing"

or perhaps the "Dairy Dimples"

or the "Milk Freighting Fissures"

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There are many holes in each nipple to allow for th emilk to come out. It would probably vary from nipple to nipple based on the anatomy of the breast, the guage of the piercing and where the piercing did the damage.

I breastfed well before i got mine pierced, but i would be interested to know this as well.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
pierced nipples make children die and men upchuck.

It's an epidemic.

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was reading about this recently... think it's not a problem unless you've had them pierced and repierced a number of times and the scar tissue has solidified the whole area. The milk kinda seeps through the tissue rather than going through a tube.

And by-the-by, (e.g. "Bonky") why go to the effort of making horrible comments on something you're not into when the OP never asked for opinions on the practice in the first place, but for information? So much of this goes on here, always puzzles me.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And by-the-by, (e.g. "Bonky") why go to the effort of making horrible comments on something you're not into when the OP never asked for opinions on the practice in the first place, but for information? So much of this goes on here, always puzzles me.

Sorry :frown1: