A Tea Party Win in Delaware

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Emp-

My ETA was a poorly-chosen afterthought, compounded by my general ignorance in Israeli politics. Had I been more thorough in my research, I'd have never edited my post.

To the extent that my ignorance and off-the-cuff remark caused offense to you, or any other member here, I apologize deeply and sincerely.

I do, however, stand by my remark about JL's active campaigning for McCain, both in the primaries and in the generals. It's well-known that he was McCain's first pick as VP, but that the Republican party apparatus found him completely unacceptable and as a result went with a poorly-vetted airhead who dominated the subsequent campaign, overshadowed the Presidential nominee, and virtually guaranteed Obama's success.

Had Lieberman been on the ticket, they would still probably have lost, but by a much slimmer margin.

Again: please accept my public apology for a very poor choice in posting. I value your opinion too much to have it be marred by such thoughtlessness on my part.

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No prob, Uncle Bbuck!

I knew you weren't speaking from your own 3x5 cards. You're way too... you, to follow like a duckling whenever some pompous Electrolux wanders by.

No harm done.

And BTW, if you still feel like making amends, please send your share of confused Jewish boys to me, First Class Post ;D~

More foreskin for you, less for me, more good sex for everyone!

It is this sort of redistribution of wealth that will save this nation from any and all Pledges, Pacts (remember Newt's adorable, Satanic vows. The ones he wanted us all to take with him in 1994/5/etc.?), and other attempts to steal our souls, tax dollars and thunder.

BTW, I can't get the picture of you in that Mennonite beard, those aviators , and pimp shoes out of my head. That guy would, I am confident, sooner swallow lye than have someone else think for him.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . .
People who are against the existence of the State of Israel like to play upon existing gentile fears about Jews (including the idea that we all want for every male infant to be circumcised. The only reason Jewish researchers continue to restudy and then reemphasize the benefits of circumcision is that it is a basic practice of the spiritual pact between a Jewish man and his God. We couldn't care less about whether or not the rest of the world does it. But it is NOT child abuse in our particular counterculture, any more than a rape scene or a paddling in a BDSM couple's own home is a rape or an instance of spousal abuse under any just code of law. Or, for that matter, having your children not participate in religious holiday observance at a public school is a horrible thing for parents of an atheist bent to do, even though I know kids who still resent that their parents made them sit out the Holiday Party because the School Choir sang Silent Night and the Dreidel Song. It is a choice that should be left up to parents, just like removing small and non-life-threatening "defects" such as webbing between fingers and toes, "extra" teeth that neither hurt the child nor impair chewing, "preventative" appendix removals, extra toes, supernumerary nipples, nipple inversions, the facial differences that go along with Down's Syndrome, raised birthmarks, imperforate hymens (which actually can cause life-threatening infections at the time of menarche (the commencement of menstruation)and when the in part or wholly obscure the urethra, and which are routinely glossed over by pediatricians, or even preferred by parents who are delighted that their baby daughter has such a strong and unbroken (they usually require surgical removal before menstruation, or coagulant therapy around the time of first penetrative sexual activity) appearance of virginity). Etc.) . . . .
:confused: When did this become a circumcision thread? Oh no! Man the battle stations!!!

:BoomSmilie_anim::rocketwhore:

At any rate, regardless of your cultural or religious perspective, equating (and trivializing) the routine removal of healthy tissue from an infant, tissue which for an adult male may be central to his sexual pleasure, identity, and body image, with other relatively benign parental choices - and then correlating routine infant circumcision with a long list of of surgeries performed to correct actual birth "defects" - is quite a stretch to say the least.
In fact, in my view the comparisons are false and wholly irrelevant.

These comments seem to me every bit as unenlightened as you perceived Bucko's comments. It surprises me that "as an intelligent human being who thinks for [her]self" you would do that. :wink:

Last edited: