a thread for those shot down

Media
i don't think i've seen one but let's make a thread for those who can't have what they want. I'll start! well i was shot down this past weekend. Well not really. I've been flirting with this bartender and i believe he likes me. and no it's not like i don't know that bartenders are friendly because it's their job. This guy showed me other obvious signs. but he did mention he has a boyfriend and said it as a matter of fact in some random conversation with me. That's all I needed to hear. But before i left, i went up to him and told him that it's too bad he has a boyfriend and he was all like awwww. and i think he was about to suggest for us to still fool around and i stopped him dead in his tracks before he had the chance. I don't think he liked that lol

sinfulta

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I am notorious for this. My problem usually is: A) The guy is straight, B) They are already involved with another dude, C) They like small asian or twinkie types.

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guys -

Gay men are lucky. Those all sound like really good, valid excuses. You can't beat a committed relationship or being straight. Even prefering small Asian guys is a dead end street if you're not small and/or Asian.

Try going to a str8 bar and hitting on chicks...

"No thanks. I'm just here with some friends". Two minutes later she's giggling with some other guy.

"I'm here with my boy friend". Two minutes later she's giglling with her girl friends.

"I already have a drink" is her response to "Hi."

"What do you do for a living?" is her response to "Hi."

"Want to by me a drink?" is her reposne to "Hi."

"Who is your friend?" is her response to "Hi."

"You're kidding, right" is her response to "Hi."

There is a distinct power disparity between the sexes. Two girls or two guys are already on the same plaing field. Just once, I'd like to have the upper hand. Maybe I shuld hang out at bar next to the theater showing Sex in they City.

Ok, yeah, I've been shot down more than a few times.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me it isn't really a case of being shot down.
I just can't believe the one person I really, really like, puts his mother above everything.

He says it is a Greek thing, a tradition. I realize he is the youngest in his family and the only male child still near her, but still. He sees the problem and won't fix it. So, I tried. :frown1: We can't be together, and I am now being open to other men.

I've been shot down so many times I wish they would just pull a knife, (i.e. I don't even try anymore)
Is it that bad?
This makes me never want to turn anyone down again.
Does it matter if it is done in a nice/friendly manner or just any rejection hurts? :confused:

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Is it that bad?
This makes me never want to turn anyone down again.
Does it matter if it is done in a nice/friendly manner or just any rejection hurts? :confused:

Well, I've been laughed at, "pppfffft" at, "rolled-eyes" at, "go away" at. I guess I'll be thrilled with a simple no.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here you go Eastbaydude - -

Guys -

Gay men are lucky. Those all sound like really good, valid excuses. You can't beat a committed relationship or being straight. Even prefering small Asian guys is a dead end street if you're not small and/or Asian.

Try going to a str8 bar and hitting on chicks...

"No thanks. I'm just here with some friends". Two minutes later she's giggling with some other guy. I can't respond to this one because the guy could be one of her friends.

"I'm here with my boy friend". Two minutes later she's giglling with her girl friends. From what I've learned, talking to my straight guy friends and girl friends, when a gaggle of girls go out together they mainly just want to go out and dance and have a good time. Not seek a sexual encounter. It's the girls that are by themselves or in groups of 2 that seem to want to play more than girls in groups of 3 or more who just want to go out and have a good time dancing and socializing.

"I already have a drink" is her response to "Hi." "I know, it looked lonely and I wanted to say hi."

"What do you do for a living?" is her response to "Hi."

"I inherited a shit load of money last year so I'm permantly retired." The walk away and ignore her for the rest of the night.

"Want to by me a drink?" is her reposne to "Hi."

"Want to show me your tits?"

"Who is your friend?" is her response to "Hi."

"A friend from out of town who is leaving in the morning. Want to have a 3 way?"

"You're kidding, right" is her response to "Hi."

"Actually, yes. You're really not my type but I'm trying to build up the courage to ask your incredbily hot friend out." OR "Yes, that was a pity hi." Then walk away.

There is a distinct power disparity between the sexes. Two girls or two guys are already on the same plaing field. Just once, I'd like to have the upper hand. Maybe I shuld hang out at bar next to the theater showing Sex in they City.

Ok, yeah, I've been shot down more than a few times.

Hope that helped!

Sklar

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I've been laughed at, "pppfffft" at, "rolled-eyes" at, "go away" at. I guess I'll be thrilled with a simple no.
Laughing and just saying 'go away' are unacceptable unless you are meeting a woman at the end of her rope, which is possible depending upon setting (bar or club). But if you are approaching them in a respectful manner and not when guys are circling like sharks - the responses are hurtful. Ignore these cunty bitches, somewhere there is a woman who would love for you to say hi. Hope you give online a try too. Good luck! :hug:

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sklar... you sound like you're a tom lykus listner. I am.

Chasing people you're interested in is a gamble. sometimes you're shot down, sometimes ya end up having great hot sex(maybe even more than once), and sometimes ya end up with a great new friend.
Just try not to let the rotten apples on the ground keep ya from reaching out for the juicy ones on the tree.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Being shot down makes you grow thicker skin, and for those cocky, arrogant guys, it sorta humbles them. Its good to see sometime that not every person on earth is lusting after you. Sure it hurts your ego sometime, but life in general is unpredicktable, and YOU CANT ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT.....

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sklar, thanks.

"Actually, yes. You're really not my type but I'm trying to build up the courage to ask your incredbily hot friend out." OR "Yes, that was a pity hi."

I think I may use that line. In fact, all your lines were prtty good. Hey, you up for joining me one night and feeding me lines. Maybe we can pull a Cyrano e Bergerac thing.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been shot down a number of times, but it's the worst because I'm usually not one to be the aggressor. The times that I have, I was uncerimoniously knocked off of my high horse.

It hasn't really deterred me from going after what I want, but like I said before, I'm not the one who goes up to people.