a thread for those shot down

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Laughing and just saying 'go away' are unacceptable unless you are meeting a woman at the end of her rope, which is possible depending upon setting (bar or club). But if you are approaching them in a respectful manner and not when guys are circling like sharks - the responses are hurtful. Ignore these cunty bitches, somewhere there is a woman who would love for you to say hi. Hope you give online a try too. Good luck! :hug:

Thanks for the nice response, I guess my social awkwardness doesn't help either. I've been giving a lot of thought at online dating, as I'm a little bit less awkward on writing, specially since English is not my first language.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Guys -

Gay men are lucky. Those all sound like really good, valid excuses. You can't beat a committed relationship or being straight. Even prefering small Asian guys is a dead end street if you're not small and/or Asian.

Try going to a str8 bar and hitting on chicks...

"No thanks. I'm just here with some friends". Two minutes later she's giggling with some other guy.

"I'm here with my boy friend". Two minutes later she's giglling with her girl friends.

"I already have a drink" is her response to "Hi."

"What do you do for a living?" is her response to "Hi."

"Want to by me a drink?" is her reposne to "Hi."

"Who is your friend?" is her response to "Hi."

"You're kidding, right" is her response to "Hi."

There is a distinct power disparity between the sexes. Two girls or two guys are already on the same plaing field. Just once, I'd like to have the upper hand. Maybe I shuld hang out at bar next to the theater showing Sex in they City.

Ok, yeah, I've been shot down more than a few times.

This man has got it right. Or maybe it's just the fact that I've been shot down more times than I can remember that's swaying my opinion. :frown1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm the flip side of the gay men who are interested in a guy just to find out he's straight. I'm a straight woman, and especially in my teens and twenties, most of the men I was attracted to were gay!

However, the one (straight) man I have met in my life who I feel that I could've been compatible with, personality-wise, plus I was attracted to him physically, and have even heard hearsay that he was very hung (!), was already happily married when I met him, so we were never more than platonic friends. I'm still torn up about this to this day, wishing I could've met him before he met his wife, things like that... I'm not compatible with many people, I mean, of all the men I have met, I have only felt that I'd be really compatible with this ONE.

Media
I'm the flip side of the gay men who are interested in a guy just to find out he's straight. I'm a straight woman, and especially in my teens and twenties, most of the men I was attracted to were gay!

However, the one (straight) man I have met in my life who I feel that I could've been compatible with, personality-wise, plus I was attracted to him physically, and have even heard hearsay that he was very hung (!), was already happily married when I met him, so we were never more than platonic friends. I'm still torn up about this to this day, wishing I could've met him before he met his wife, things like that... I'm not compatible with many people, I mean, of all the men I have met, I have only felt that I'd be really compatible with this ONE.
yep tons of women find me attractive and sometimes i entertain the idea of going for it. but i know i'm not 100% str8 or even 50% and i think i'll end up hurting the person. so i'd rather not.

assman69

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've actually never had a girl reciprocate interest. The idea of meeting one, having her over, and then rolling around naked with her is completely foreign to me. What does that feel like, not just the physical part but also knowing that you're wanted?

I stopped trying a couple years ago. It's even gotten to the point where I avoid interacting with females altogether to avoid the all the emotional turmoil. Now I just focus on academics. I figure that if bust my ass now and land a good career, at least there's the possibility that some woman - any woman - will be attracted to my money years down the line when I'm old and withered. That's all I could ever hope for. Of course hookers are an option, but from what I hear the sex is very mechanical.

Last edited:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Sklar, thanks.

"Actually, yes. You're really not my type but I'm trying to build up the courage to ask your incredbily hot friend out." OR "Yes, that was a pity hi."

I think I may use that line. In fact, all your lines were prtty good. Hey, you up for joining me one night and feeding me lines. Maybe we can pull a Cyrano e Bergerac thing.

I agree with some of the other posters here. With as HOT looking and in great shape man as you are and living in THE CITY, it is hard to believe that *you* are not hit on the minute you walk through the door. Perhaps, instead of you trying to do the work, let them approach you?

If that doesn't work, it's time to use that 10% and find friendly gay establishment where you *will* be hit on the minute you walk in the door! :rolleyes:

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Guys -

Gay men are lucky. Those all sound like really good, valid excuses. You can't beat a committed relationship or being straight. Even prefering small Asian guys is a dead end street if you're not small and/or Asian.

Try going to a str8 bar and hitting on chicks...

"No thanks. I'm just here with some friends". Two minutes later she's giggling with some other guy.

"I'm here with my boy friend". Two minutes later she's giglling with her girl friends.

"I already have a drink" is her response to "Hi."

"What do you do for a living?" is her response to "Hi."

"Want to by me a drink?" is her reposne to "Hi."

"Who is your friend?" is her response to "Hi."

"You're kidding, right" is her response to "Hi."

There is a distinct power disparity between the sexes. Two girls or two guys are already on the same plaing field. Just once, I'd like to have the upper hand. Maybe I shuld hang out at bar next to the theater showing Sex in they City.

Ok, yeah, I've been shot down more than a few times.
Heh, ya missed the "buy me a drink"... she slugs back the drink, and vanishes... to be seen, giggling with the next guy... telling him to buy her a drink.

Lito

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been shot down for numerous reasons... I don't think I could expect to get my way everytime. Sure, some will hurt more than others, but I've learned to pick myself up and keep walking.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Heh, ya missed the "buy me a drink"... she slugs back the drink, and vanishes... to be seen, giggling with the next guy... telling him to buy her a drink.

ARGH yes, one of the most irritating things ever especially if you've been talking to them a bit and you think you've broken ice and gotten a rapport going. I HATE being hustled. :mad:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Women seem to play more games than men in the mating game--although men do their fair share. I have gotten shot down so many times, I have just given up completely. I don;t go to bars at all anymore--it's a total waste of time and money for me. Usually, men are more direct.."Fuck off, troll" is always a favorite, or a simple "EWWWWWWWW" gets the point across.:rolleyes:

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
1. I agree with some of the other posters here. 2. With as HOT looking and in great shape man as you are and living in THE CITY, it is hard to believe that *you* are not hit on the minute you walk through the door. 3. Perhaps, instead of you trying to do the work, let them approach you?

1. I'll throw in my agreement as well.

2. Eh, I can't speak for him, but I can say that while the city has it's advantages (more options, more people) but its got drawbacks (more competition, higher standards). You can the Brad Pitt of a small town and have your pick of the crop, but once you hit the metro area as a straight guy you're up against tens of thousands of guys who can match or exceed you in every category.

3. Here's the problems with the "lay-and-prey" (aka hold back, let them work for your attention, then strike) strategy: It can come across that instead of "lay-and-prey" what you're really doing is "lay-and-pray": in other words, you're coming across as desperate, hoping, and not really that worthwhile.

Or it looks like you're just "laying" without the "preying": in other words, you're out there, but it looks like you're inaccessible, intimidating, aloof, or just disinterested and bored. I notice this seems to be a problem especially if you're rolling around to new places solo, where you know nobody, nobody knows you, and you're not a flamboyant or extremely out-going personality.

And of course the other big factor is where you stand in relation to the rest of the eligible meat that's floating around out there. It's one thing if you can look around and know that you're the best option in there; it's another when you've got dozens of comparably worthy peers surrounding you.

If that doesn't work, it's time to use that 10% and find friendly gay establishment where you *will* be hit on the minute you walk in the door! :rolleyes:

No doubt :biggrin1:. But we don't know how far his gay 10% extends to. If the thread on that topic is any indication, it could be one of like a dozen possibilities. :rolleyes:

psosandra

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here you go Eastbaydude - -
"I'm here with my boy friend". Two minutes later she's giglling with her girl friends. From what I've learned, talking to my straight guy friends and girl friends, when a gaggle of girls go out together they mainly just want to go out and dance and have a good time. Not seek a sexual encounter. It's the girls that are by themselves or in groups of 2 that seem to want to play more than girls in groups of 3 or more who just want to go out and have a good time dancing and socializing.

Hope that helped!

Sklar

this is so true!! My friends and I follow a local band. When we're out, there's usually at least 6 of us, and we just want to dance and have fun. None of us are ever knowingly rude to guys who approach us, but that's not why we're there. And I will dance with anyone who asks, I figure it takes balls to come up and ask, and I love to dance.

Now when one of the girls is looking for a guy, just she and I will go out somewhere, I'm a great wingman!