A tornado cut my town in half

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Last sunday a tornado came blasting through town and did some serious damage. I got a few private messages from people asking if I was alright so I figured I'd say I'm okay and as far as I know none of my friends or family are hurt.

At least my most immediately ones, I literally just got internet access back so I have some messages and such to send.

So far there are 156 missing and 132 confirmed deceased and it's pretty insane here. The tornado hit one of the most densely populated parts of town too so a lot of people are out of homes and jobs now.

I was thankfully at home(being ill) on sunday, if I was at band practice (which is where I was going to be) I probably wouldn't be typing this right now.

People are pulling together here and we are having some looting issues, but it's being kept to a minimum. Large parts of the city are now closed off.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We had tornado warning here Wed night. I believe there were some around Poplar Bluff Mo as well...I'm glad you and yours fared well threw the storms.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
We're are really getting a lot of help from all of the surrounding areas and people from all over are coming to help out. Right now the things people need most are food and water sure, but clean clothes and things like that are becoming issues.

One of the major cell companies is bringing a large number of free phones and chargers for people who need them.

If you want to help out then just find Joplin on facebook, I know they are doing a lot on facebook.

And if you can help out at all don't hesitate we really need it.

This is the worst tornado in the US since 1947.

The biggest problem is that one of our hospitals was completely put out of commission.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I've seen the photos. Much love and prayers to you and your neighbors as you sort through all this. What's the thing you need most there? Clothes? Cell phones? Money? What kinds of contributions will do the most good?

Money is always the best thing to give.

This is the worst tornado in the US since 1947.

It look like it had been carpet bombed.
Glad you are okay.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thankfully you are OK!

Just as the United States stepped up to the plate to help my home state of Queensland during our massive cyclone and flooding I'm sure our Government will be offering practical monetary, personnel and moral support to those affected US citizens.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stay strong, the aftermath is sometimes worse than the trajedy, It's picking up what's left over from the disaster and moving on wich can seem very daunting. We just went through something similar in alabama, so my heart sincerely goes out to you and your town today and in the following weeks to come.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
For those of you outside the US here is a link to the story if it's not being covered where you live. The news broadcasts have been heart breaking; it's nice to have a piece of good news. They had 24 minutes to escape the twister - CNN.com

Yes, heartbreaking indeed... the acts of heroism, the loss of loved ones and stories of how they were lost, the missing, still. Seems too much for one community to bear, but in time they'll come back, better than before. Best of wishes to them all.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Yeah, so far it has been an incredibly unpleasant issue, and it's only getting worse than what it was: People are still missing and are running a muck.

Earlier a convoy of 17 hummers and 2 other vehicles were heading into town and some jerk off cut the first hummer off and made them crash.

Three soldiers on their way to help my town were put in the hospital (which is too full as it is) by some jerk off who had to get somewhere more important.

Obama is going to be here sunday, and it's already been made clear we will get money to rebuild, the trick is getting back to where we were (or going beyond) without turning this place into something it shouldn't be.

So far I am so happy with all the help I've seen, makes me think society might have the guts to stop being a bunch of dick-heads for an extended amount of time.

Thanks for all the words guys,

It really is a help