A Touchy Locker Room Travesty

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're an idiot. Confusing such a thing with crimes.

"And a fifteen year old boy's got no place changing up in a room full of naked females of any age,..even with his mum. No way do you want your underaged daughter looking over 15 yr old male anatomy--forget it. You'd want to sue the gym."

Tell that to any YMCA in the mid to late 90's and early new millenium (when I was finally able to go into the men's locker room). And, judging by your age, you speak purely on speculation whereas I speak from experience.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to be a member at Prairie Life Center in Kansas. They are a full service gym with towel service and a snack bar. You name it, they have it. They cater to families with activities for children during the summer etc...In spite of a nursury and a family changing area, there is a sign upon entering the men's locker room that states, "Women Over Three Years of Age Not Allowed in Men's Locker Room". First of all, how many three year old women do you know? They are little children without a voice or a choice. When I first saw the sign, I shrugged it off thinking, "Who in their right mind?" Then one day, I was toweling off and I noticed a little girl, tall enough to get her own drink of water, came running throught the locker room to quench her thirst, while some nasty hairy old troll rounded the corner totally nude. If that girl spent the night at a neighbor's and came home telling her mom she saw here friend's father nude it would be a whole different story and it shouldn't be. I find this to be a blatant compromise with decency and highly inappropriate. I'm sure the person that came up with that accomodation is a proud Republican. House husband's think about the predicament you are putting yourself and fellow gym mates in!!!

There are two rooms. Women's and men's. Girl is not used because in this case it signifies a category not in evidence. Girls change room. It also indicates subtly that the gym thinks women should bring girls and that they should use the other room. That said you cannot leave a child under 4 or 3 or even 5 unattended completely. Single dads have daughters. Most often in early childhood the timeline for activity is tight. This means boys go to women's and girls go to mens. It is this way in many many many gyms. The naked male body is not a weapon nor is it a harm to see. If the man you call troll was being inappropriate then it was your job to report him not make absurd demands.