A Vacation

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Freddie53, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Freddie53

Gold Member

I am going to take a break from this place. I just got in and was looking forward to reading posts here. I had already felt a disconnect with many people here now for several days. The big fight didn't help, but I decided to stay.

Then I come and read the new thread about religion and people attacking people who are religious. They are asking us to not discuss religion. It can't be done. Your religion or lack there of defines you. Everyone has a belief system. Abortion is an example. It can't be discussed without including religious conotations, right to die and anything else deals with some kind of belief system.

I feel that I have been personally attacked. I know that I probably have mentioned religion more than anyone else on the board.

I haven't really felt a part of the group for several days. Maybe I just need a break from everyone.

I got hit in the big fight just like a lot of you. I got attacked just like many of you did.

The worst part is that I believe I have lost friends.

Now at age 54, I don't need a lot of dissention in my life. I am tired.

And I may never be close to some of you as I was just a week ago.

I will defintely come back and visit and let people who are interested know how I am doing. But I am going to take a break from posting. Time will heal all wounds.

For those of you that I said if you ever want or need my help, I said what I meant and meant what I said. My e-mails addresses still work. Please send by e-mail message. The folder can get full very quick. <snip> . Those of you who are my closest friends, I haven't abandoned you. You are still my firends and we know how to contact each other. Especially the young guys who have relied on my advice before. If you want my advice you had better e-mai me. When and if I return, I will get you in the fleshpile with Pappy's razorstrap!

I hope to be back posting someday when I have a better spirit.

#1 Freddie53, Apr 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  2. naughty

Gold Member

Freddie,

What made you feel this way? Did something happen off board that made you feel suddenly like leaving? I think we all need to let this cool down and perhaps we can slowly see things come together again.

naughty

#2 naughty, Apr 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  3. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: Freddie, I&#39;m sending you a PM...but I have to say this much on the boards:

You are THE most caring, supportive and loving person on this board. Please don&#39;t let what happened on this board (the "big fight" as you deemed it) get to you. If anyone HAS personally attacked you, rest assured that you would have half the board on that persons back.

If it was Nelson&#39;s attack on you (which, by the way, I haven&#39;t found yet), please don&#39;t listen to him. He attack me, Nixxy, Skai, you and many others. If he is attacking YOU of all people, then HE has the problem. You have been NOTHING but kind and considerate towards everyone on this board.

We need you here. Everyone has a special place on this board and in my heart, you included. We couldn&#39;t get along without you the way we have until now.

Please, do consider the people who DO love you (as far as I know, but I don&#39;t mean to speak for everyone): (just to list a small few) ME, Nixxy, Skai, Naughty, Jana, Jacinto, Kyle and MANY, MANY OTHERS&#33; Think about who has personally attacked you. I&#39;d guess they are the (excuse the language) assholes of the site. Do not pay attention to them.

If you can take anybody&#39;s word on this site seriously it is mine (not to say the others lie). Like you, I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I do NOT spew false words, I feel it is a waste.

Why would we waste our breath thanking you and loving you if it wasn&#39;t true. Your true personality shows through here, Freddie. Know that we all love you.

I have no idea what to tell you other then we all love you, not to think about the people that have put you down and know that we feel you are a caring, loving and amazing human being. You are a man to be admired and looked up to, no doubt. Did I mention WE LOVE YOU?&#33;

Well...if you must go (which I hope to God you don&#39;t), then can I have one last spanking?

*Begins fleshpile on Freddie* :p :p

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I was so tempted to join in the fray but I managed to bite my tongue and distance myself from the thread. I&#39;m sure it saved me from the hurt feelings that Freddie is experiencing as I&#39;ve quit boards in the past when simple differences of opinion descended into name calling and virtual hatred.

Freddie, take a couple of days to recuperate. But don&#39;t stay away too long. We need your valuable, steady moral authority and your non-judgemental advice.

5. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Freddie,
    I have sent you a PM and I think you need to read it. Sooner rather than later.

6. steve319

Gold Member

Being so new to LPSG, that conversation was the first one that I&#39;ve seen degenerate into such ugly vitriol, and it did sort of "shake my faith" in the quality of the dialogue here. As my colorfully outspoken boss would put it, "I&#39;m not putting my dog in that fight."

I kept hoping that no one else would post and it would slide off down the list and vanish, but you&#39;re right, Freddie, we can&#39;t completely censor our faith or our personalities--or we shouldn&#39;t if this truly is a support group. We should be able to be honest with one another, warts and all; however, we should also be courteous and compassionate in equal measure. Name-calling, inconsiderate comments, and threats of physical violence have no place in mature discussion.

I really hope your vacation from the ugliness is a brief one and truly healing for you. We newbies value and cherish your experience and your kindness--yours is a voice that&#39;s needed on these boards.

Plus, you give me faith that someday I can find a congregation of people who share my values and beliefs without being "evangelical" or socially conservative in regards to sex.

Come back soon&#33; :)

7. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Freddie,

I hope you make it back soon, and while it is disappointing that there are some people who would not treat you with the respect you deserve, remember that there are many others of us here would see you for the great person that you really are.

- Alt

8. madame_zora

Gold Member

Freddie,

I just got home and I am greatly saddened to see that you&#39;re leaving. I&#39;m not sure what the catalyst was (other than the obvious thread) for your decision, but I have come to know you and a thoughtful and considerate person, so it must have been pretty bad. If I had any part in that, I truly apologise. Your presence here is more valuable than what can easily be measured and we will lose a lot if we lose you.

In the name of all things sacred guys, let&#39;s please keep the screaming down to a loud roar&#33; I have noticed a tendancy lately for a lot of us (myself included) to get rather trigger-happy and react too harshly too quickly. None of wins a debate if we lose the core of our membership. Personally, you can bite my head off all you want and I&#39;ll still love ya in the morning, but not everyone feels that way, I guess.

I know Mark has said in the past that he doesn&#39;t want to limit free speech, but will only remove members whose only goal is disruption. I think that was the problem with the "fight" that erupted- it was amoung members who contribute in good faith and couldn&#39;t find the way back to a place of peace. Sometimes that place is just agreeing to disagree. For myself, I will do what I can to think before I post, I have ever been aware of how large our readership has become, this is no longer a small community of people who know each other well. I don&#39;t want to alienate anyone who has a desire to be here.

Freddie, I will echo what has already been said- that I hope your respite will be a short one, and please know that those of us who love you love you well. Sis.

9. Freddie53

Gold Member

Well I hadn&#39;t planned on being here at the computer at three in the morning, but I fell asleep in the chair and now I can&#39;t sleep.

I want to thank the following people who posted:

Naughty,
    For working so hard to bring people together Adn Naughty, it was a combination of things, emails, pms and such plus whs was on the board tonight and things in my own life that has pushed me just too far.

To Chris,

You are a sweetheart. I dont know how any man couldn&#39;t be proud to have you as a son. Your ability to express concern for someone you care about so far outshine what the average man is capable of.

To Kink,

Kink is special. There are things that Kink knows that I haven&#39;t shared with the whole forum. I have kept Kink up on some of my healh problems severe bout with high blood pressure, problems with my blood sugar, and major neorological damage to the spinal cord that forced me into retirement/disability. Kind sent me both a PM and an e-mail to make sure I got his message. A true friend I have gained from this forum.

Altarion and Steve,

I have known both of you such a short time, but you both are fine guys and I really appreciate your concern.

I feel better than when I posted earlier. But I am not well and I do have some urgent businesss to take care of as well as just a chance to renew myself.

Again, I appreciate those who took the time to expresss their concern for me. It menas I lot to me.

Freddie

10. Freddie53

Gold Member

Jana,

I jsut read your post. Thanks for your concern. I will be back in time. You were so sweet to apologize if you did anything wrong. No, you didn&#39;t do anything wrong. It is just all that has happened plus my health. I will be better and return. I promis if for no other reason than the sweet things that have been posted.

Thanks, Bro.

11. Ineligible

Ineligible Member

I&#39;m very saddened by this. Freddie53 is a special poster to me. I hope you&#39;re back soon, Freddie.

12. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

Freddie-

I know that I have not been posting long, but I used to stop by occasionally just to read. I was too busy at the time to post, so put that off until more recently. You, as well as many of the regulars are a large part of the reason that I chose this board. I felt as though I knew you and them and felt safe posting here.

I have a fairly thick hide and it takes a lot to get under it. Personal attacks on myself usually don’t bother me, but to loose a sensible, sensitive person such as yourself because of personal attacks gets to me.

I have enjoyed your posts and appreciate the faith that you were not afraid to share. I do hope you return after you recharge you batteries, and just as importantly tend to your health. I’ll miss your presence on this board while you are away and will offer a prayer for you.

13. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Freddie, if we made you feel that way there, dude, then myself personally, I apologize. However, I&#39;m not an advocate for the consensus of the board here,but from what I&#39;ve just now read, I can see the bulk of the more highly thought of(Myself included) members here recognize this and wish no ill will.

If you feel you ned to take some time off, do it, but come on back there, bro.

we have a handful of analytical minds here, and we&#39;d be remiss to lose yours, ok?

14. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nooo&#33; Don&#39;t go&#33; Don&#39;t let what happened bother you brah. He was attacking everyone who didn&#39;t see things his way. It wasn&#39;t personal. Pwease, don&#39;t go? :(

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

Aww Freddie, how can you resist a mug like that?

16. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: I know, eh Jana?

It&#39;s a struggle I deal with alot :p

17. Freddie53

Gold Member

Aww Freddie, how can you resist a mug like that?
    [post=303750]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Thanks to:

Nixxie,

I love you and even though you say you weren&#39;t hurt by being assaulted, it still afected you. How could it not? Yet, you stayed. I will return to posting soon. I realized you are tougher than me right now. And it doesn&#39;t bother me in the least to tell young people when I lean on them. I am in a weak moment and you are one of those who I gather strength from. And as Jana said how can I resist a request looking at that mug? Just be careful what you ask for&#33;

Chuck,

You are another poster that I really didn&#39;t know well. And never thought that I was read by that many people. And I sure didnt think that I impacted that many people. What you said touched me. I can tell you are very learned and have a good head on your shoulders.

Dolf,

You touched me greatly. Your comments at the end really moved me.

Inelgible,

Thanks for thinking of me as a special poster. I let the actions of a few cloud my thinking about everyone.

Chris,

Gosh, you have been so wonderful to me the past two days. Yet you tell that you have to struggle a lot. Please, post anytime about any struggle. I care a lot. And I want to be there for you when you need me.

Love to all,

Freddie

18. oldbodybuilder2004

oldbodybuilder2004 New Member

Freddie 53:

It grieves me when people cannot get along. To be sure I have had my share of disputed with individuals on this board . But in todays world I guess that is to be expected. I hope I have developed some friendships since I came online in 2004.

Just hang in there Bro and those who throw stones will one day be the recipient of few themselves. H ave Happy Day and yes God Bless.

OBB2004

19. Pappy

Pappy Member

Freddie,
    I don&#39;t know what to say. I hope you don&#39;t stay gone long as I will miss you posts, as will everyone else. You have a sense about you that is a rare find. We will all miss you while you&#39;re on vacation, so make sure it&#39;s a short one OK??

20. Freddie53

Gold Member

To all,

THERE ARE TWO WORDS TO REMEMBER WHEN WE POST THAT WILL HELP: INSULT: a no no. TACT: Use it as well as you can.

Folks that is the key. I have been looking for the right words that conveys the problem here and that is the words INSULT and TACT.

Everyone has been looking for the right solution. So I suggest that we all try to follow the rule that we don&#39;t deliberately and willfully INSULT people and if we do we are man and women enough to apologize for insulting. NOT for what we believe, but that we said it in a way that was deliberately insulting and mean spirited.

TACT is the other word. I heard a wonderful definition of tact.

TACT IS THE ABILITY TO TELL SOMEONE TO GO TO HELL AND MAKE THEM GLAD THEY ARE GOING&#33;

That is a humorous attempt to really explain what tact is.

IF WE CAN ALWAYS NOT INSULT AND WE CAN TACTFULLY TELL OTHER PEOPLE WE DISAGRE WITH THEM THEN OUR FORUM WILL BE PEACEFUL REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE TOPICS ARE.

I am feeling better. I have lurked a little and the volume has been turned down some. That is good. One post I very much and strongly disagreed with. But it was stated matter of factly and I can handle that. It wasn&#39;t said in an insulting way.

OLDBODY,

Thanks for sending me your comments. I looked you up and you are exactly 20 years older than me. Glad you are fit. And I appreciate your wisdom. I can tell you are genuine. It is wonderful talking to someone older. I just turned 54 and I am getting to that age where I am becoming the old generation. Most of my parent&#39;s brothers and sisters are gone as well as my father, so I appreciate you even though my parents were a little older than you.

PAPPY,

Thanks for those special words. They really menat a lot to me.

To all:

I will return to regular posting a little later. I have to spend less time at the computer and make myself go to the Fitness Center and get back into shape, and lose some weight. None of which I really want to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted