A wal-mart hero

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
In stone mountain ga today a 60 year old man slapped a crying child 4 times in the face............ he is of course being charged ect

before every one jumps feet first into the fuck him pool, think about ONE thing.... think about the limpness in your shoulders and the loud sigh that is a knee jerk reaction that you, me, him, her ya mama ALL get.... when you are sitting in a nice topnotch resturaunt and you look up, and you see the yuppie in shorts and sandles and his fridged wasp wife walking to the booth next to you, carrying that screaming pink banshee and little cody and molly running around screaming in a loose pattern behind them....

now, after you think about how many times chicken parmasigan has been ruined by screaming brats parents refuse to manage........ your thoughts?

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In the face, especially that many times, is too extreme.

With that said, not enough facts, and not being there, prevents me from having too much of an opinion on this incident.

I'm also not going to get into a screaming match about spanking vs no spanking.

I will tell a bit of a story though....

The guys in my dept wanted to get together for dinner. My daughter was probably about 2.5 yrs old. My now ex rarely went anywhere with us, so it was just daughter and I.
Another man and his wife attended with a child approximately the same age. He and his wife spent the evening holding the child, begging him to stop whining, crying, running away, throwing things, etc. They didn't get to enjoy the evening at all.

My daughter was placed in her high chair, given a couple crackers, and left with a co-worker that she had never met, while I went to get my food (order at counter BBQ place). Had a very pleasant evening, being able to interact with coworkers, and enjoying my daughters company.

Draw your own conclusions :cool:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the face, especially that many times, is too extreme.

With that said, not enough facts, and not being there, prevents me from having too much of an opinion on this incident.

I'm also not going to get into a screaming match about spanking vs no spanking.

I will tell a bit of a story though....

The guys in my dept wanted to get together for dinner. My daughter was probably about 2.5 yrs old. My now ex rarely went anywhere with us, so it was just daughter and I.
Another man and his wife attended with a child approximately the same age. He and his wife spent the evening holding the child, begging him to stop whining, crying, running away, throwing things, etc. They didn't get to enjoy the evening at all.

My daughter was placed in her high chair, given a couple crackers, and left with a co-worker that she had never met, while I went to get my food (order at counter BBQ place). Had a very pleasant evening, being able to interact with coworkers, and enjoying my daughters company.

Draw your own conclusions :cool:

I won't get into the flame match that will ensue about spanking v non spanking neither but I fully accept your point.

I will add though that 20 -30 years ago a screaming child in a restaurant, supermarket or anywhere in public was the exception. They were very quickly taught that that behaviour was unacceptable.

In more recent years well behaved kids are becoming the exception. Very few times do I go anywhere these days without witnessing some out of control brat with parents trying to reason with them or bribe them into behaving. Bribery is rewarding wrong behaviour. Draw your own conclusions from that.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If it wasn't his child, definitely assault. Even if it was his child, slapping the kid in the face is over the top and the younger the kid the worse it was. Not to mention counter-productive.

However, having said that......

I agree with you totally about the screaming kids in restaurants. If it says "family restaurant" I avoid it like the plague.

I used to have lots of noisy children in this neighborhood when I first moved here and the first thing I did was plant a hedge all round the property with various brightly colored poisonous berries. It's now so nice and peaceful here. LOL

There used to be a support group for child-free (not childless!! - child free) people. I thought it was www.kidsfree.org and after trying several variations of that I can't find it so maybe it's defunct. If anyone knows of it and it is still funct, let me know.

I was visiting friends of mine (a married couple) and we were all sitting out on the patio and the little girl who had been running on the sidewalk fell HARD. I started to get out of the chair to go see if she was OK and her parents said "Stay here. Pretend you don't notice her." I was like what?? And they said "We don't want her to be a crybaby." She got up and looked around and no one was panicking and screaming OMG! -- Are you OK? so she brushed herself off and went on playing. A couple minutes later her mom went over and said "Hey, are you having fun?" but she was over to check her out in a low key way. She did have a scrape so the mom sprayed something on it and put on a bandaid and acted like it was no big deal. I learned a lot about raising kids that day. (Even though I am childfree.) I wonder how many people who faint at the sight of blood had a mother who, everytime they cut themselves, screamed "OMG! You're bleeding!!" and scared the kid half to death.

Another story -- My 7th grade Science teacher told us when she was in college she was friends with a deaf married couple. Their baby never cried. When it wanted them it would grab onto the bars of its crib and shake it. They could feel the vibration of the crib on the hardwood floor and go check out to see what the matter was.

My point in relaying both of these stories is that crying in children is so often the parent's fault. They reward it loooooooooong after the child should be out of the crying phase. Both kids in these stories were VERY young and they had already stopped crying out of sheer habit or from tantrums, fear, etc. It can be done if the parents will use a little intelligence about it.

Last edited:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I won't get into the flame match that will ensue about spanking v non spanking neither but I fully accept your point.

I will add though that 20 -30 years ago a screaming child in a restaurant, supermarket or anywhere in public was the exception. They were very quickly taught that that behaviour was unacceptable.

In more recent years well behaved kids are becoming the exception. Very few times do I go anywhere these days without witnessing some out of control brat with parents trying to reason with them or bribe them into behaving. Bribery is rewarding wrong behaviour. Draw your own conclusions from that.

I agree, here in the US. But I'm told it's different in Europe and European kids aren't nearly as bratty as American kids. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

I also hear European dogs go to restaurants, stores, etc. and again are better behaved than American children. True?? Sad, if that's the case.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Could be wrong, but I suspect that our conclusions are similar :smile:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree, here in the US. But I'm told it's different in Europe and European kids aren't nearly as bratty as American kids. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

I also hear European dogs go to restaurants, stores, etc. and again are better behaved than American children. True?? Sad, if that's the case.

I really couldn't say as it's six years since I've been to the USA. From what I remember though there isn't a lot of difference. There is a difference here in Spain. Most badly behaved kids I've witnessed here have been tourists from the UK.

As for dogs, they are prohibited from most places in the UK but it's different here in Spain. We spend most of our lives outside anyway. We usually take our dog with us when we go out to eat or for a drink but we are usually sitting outside. She sits quietly under the table quite contented.

We manage holiday homes for people here and occasionally go and stay a weekend in them when they are empty just for a change of scenery. We did this a couple of weeks ago and I called the owner (a friend of our's) to check it was ok with her and ok to take the dog. She said she would rather have our dog staying than most kids she has met. :smile:

Could be wrong, but I suspect that our conclusions are similar :smile:

Yes I think they are. :smile:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
probably most european kids bar most english kids. ive seen some english kids who are like that, but then to be fair, the way it is here, the kids parents are as much bratty kids as they are. i havent really witnessed american kids to say who is worst, but id say it could be a match. that is, unless all your kids are like those from super sweet 16 :D

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
child abuse is child abuse.
and it's not a child's fault they are poorly parented.
if you have an issue you take it up with the parents.

assuming they are poorly parented.
my nephew has aspergers and compared to my kids can be a monster. that isn't the fault of anyone, and it would be damaging to both mother and child to keep him quarantined.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was visiting friends of mine (a married couple) and we were all sitting out on the patio and the little girl who had been running on the sidewalk fell HARD. I started to get out of the chair to go see if she was OK and her parents said "Stay here. Pretend you don't notice her." I was like what?? And they said "We don't want her to be a crybaby." She got up and looked around and no one was panicking and screaming OMG! -- Are you OK? so she brushed herself off and went on playing.
that's how i do it.
kids hurt themselves. it's how they learn.

likes2seemore

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
next time,politely say to the parents that you are a nervous older man and that their child is causing you much discomfort.If that doesn't make them correct the kid...then maybe you should slap the shit out of the parents instead of the kid.