A Way Out for Obama (Matt Taibbi)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Harvey Schmeckel, Mar 10, 2010.

1. D_Harvey Schmeckel

D_Harvey Schmeckel New Member

This guy is one of my heroes:

A Way Out for Obama : Rolling Stone

Amusing excerpt:

And therein lies the larger issue at stake. Democrats and Republicans are basically the same on a lot of issues: They both voted for the Iraq War, they both love pork and useless weapons programs, they both lift their skirts for Wall Street. But they have one major stylistic difference: Republicans are unafraid to exercise power, while Democrats try to run government like one of those pansy-ass T-ball leagues, where every kid gets to have a hit, nobody loses, and nobody has to go home with an ouchie or hurt feelings.

I don't think this is true of Pelosi or House Dems generally, and perhaps it's just a minority of Senate Dems that are always trying to kiss up to their sworn enemies. But if the White House puts all its support behind the weak capitulating Dems and ridicules/dismisses (through Rahm's mouthpieces in the press) the progressive base, it doesn't matter what most Democrats want.

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Well, he certainly doesn't mince his words so they're easier to digest. I also think he does make a good observation regarding his point. But I'd like to hear more suggestions on how Obama can get the reconciliation Taibbi insists he needs. Thanks for the post.

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like reading his articles on sports. Off to see what he has to say on this one!

Draft saved Draft deleted