aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!! My dog has fleas!

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Man, I was ready to go to bed when I picked up my dog, Mason, and saw that he had fleas and his back was covered in flea shit!

I took him into the bathroom and attempted to pick the fleas off of him. I got 8 and flicked each one of the little buggers into the toilet.

Then I took him to the bath tub and gave him a good soaking down! While I was soaping him up, I found another two and drowned them in the tub.

Now I have the sensation of the damned bugs crawling all over me.

Anyone know of some good anti flea shampoos or medicine? The boyfriend will go to the vets and get some Frontline or whatever it is that the vets prescribe.

I guess I deserve it though. I took the dog for a walk in a park by us and didn't think about if there were any fleas there.

Sorry about the rant,

Sklar

D_Della Doubledees

Experimental Member
Media
Ask your vet.... Frontline is great... so are Sentinel, and Revolution, and some of the others.

The topical "between the shoulder blades" solutions are easy to use.

Do yourself (and your dog) a huge favor, and get the formula that prevents heartworm, too. It is a leading cause of death in dogs, and it is SO heartbreaking to put a dog through the treatment once they have heartworm.

Young N Sassy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eh. Depending on a topical flea and tick prevention doesn't really cut it for me.

I'd much rather keep my dogs on the topical flea and tick prevention as well as the interceptor tab to prevent heartworm and other lovely intestinal parasites that they may also get.

Its what I recommend to clients at work, so I may as well recommend it to my fellow LPSG'ers with dogs :).

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My dog uas to have fleas we used many treatment prescribed by the vet, yes they worked, but she would get infested again withing a short time. That was until I discovered NITMIX used that on her never had a problem ever again, made her smell nice too!!

Nitmix was produced for kids with head lice, without resorting to harmful toxic products containing chemicals like organo-phosphates My view was; if it is safe for kids its certainly safe for your pets.

Here is their website where you can obtain it by mail order, along with a money back gaurantee.

Last edited:

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Garlic is said to repel fleas. Most natural remedies take more time to work than heavy duty chemicals, but you could give it a try as a means of prevention after this infestation is under control. 4 or 5 raw cloves chopped and mixed with some canned food will make the fleas search for a new victim. Watch for your dog's reaction as some dogs tolerate garlic better than others.

Garlic works to repel fleas for humans, too.

Young N Sassy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is a million different remedies I could sit here and name to this person, from personal experience and SEEING THIS DAILY AT MY JOB haha I still say go with frontline plus. Or advantix, biospot, revolution, etc.

Just don't let the dog get near cats for 24 hours if you have any. The chemical
found in the flea and tick preventatives for dogs is toxic to poor kitties.

Regarding the fleas becoming resistant, they are to general frontline. Which is why I now corrected myself and said frontline plus. I figured there's not need in being extremely detailed since he's going to the vet anyway, they'll talk to him about it.