ABC news reports another ugly hate incident from GOP group against Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cruztbone, Nov 1, 2011.

1. cruztbone

Gold Member

THIS TIME ITS THE LOUDON COUNTY REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE IN VIRGINIA WHICH PORTRAYS OBAMA SHOT THROUGH THE HEAD MULTIPLE TIMES.
    IF THERE WERE EVER A PARTY TO DEMONSTRATE ABSOLUTE HATRED AT ITS CORE, THE GOP IS IT. THIS IS YET ANOTHER ONE OF DOZENS OF EXAMPLES OF REPUGNANTCAN GROUPS SHOWING THEIR HATRED OF OBAMA.
    I AM HOPEFUL THAT MOST AMERICANS WILL REJECT THIS SHIT AND SEE THROUGH THE RACIST HATRED OF THIS SO-CALLED NEWSLETTER PRANK IN VIRGINIA AND RECOGNIZE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE : SUBHUMAN. :frown1:

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is ugly.

Here's a link the OP couldn't seem to provide: musta been the Caps Lock :rolleyes::cool:

3. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  4. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Jefferson wrote a fundamentally racist constitution for Virginia. It doesn't surprise me.

5. B_grabbinass

B_grabbinass New Member

....the only thing subhuman is that illegal alien jew puppet commie baboon that sleeps in the white house. 14/88

6. sargon20

Gold Member

Congratulations for combining racism and antisemitism in one ugly hate filled post. Reported.

7. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Vulgar and disgusting. Your kind is not wanted or tolerated here. Reported

8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Wow, just wow, and goodbye assgrabber. I've set my watch, bets down on the time it takes.

9. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    WTF? At least I don't need to report that one, as others are on the case.

Ugh! Yuck! <spits>

As he was a slave owner (and rapist), that doesn't surprise me one bit. Here in the US there's a popular expression that one wishes to live up to the best rather than live down the worst*. It seems apt here, for some reason.

*It could just be a New England thing, but I distinctly remember hearing it, even as a kid, and my parents were reactionaries.

10. Drifterwood

Gold Member

The problem is though that the perception of best and worst keeps changing. Not the Golden Rule of course, but you don't find that often, especially in politics.

11. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Please explain how Thomas Jefferson was a rapist?

12. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Thomas Jefferson: The Face of a Rapist

I am sure that you will find plenty of counter arguments in this debate, but as to his racism, I think that there can be very little argument.

13. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you for the report.

14. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  15. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I read your links carefully. The first is highly self-contradictory and ambiguous. As it comes from Monticello's website, that doesn't surprise me too much. TJ is probably one of the most controversial of all the FFs, and has been the subject of much debate here over the years.

If he really was as anti-slavery as he's described early in the first link, then he should have emancipated all of them. He did not. He had decades to educate and condition them for freedom; again, he did not.

The second article is more more problematic and polemical. here's an excerpt:

When Sally Hemings had her first baby, whom she named Thomas Woodson, she was 17 and 47 year old Thomas Jefferson was George Washington’s Secretary of State. In any time, even in today’s era of rampant moral decay, if a powerful 47 year old politician, got an unmarried 17 year old girl employee pregnant, it would certainly be considered a monstrous event. It might even get him impeached.

What does it say about the moral level of those claiming kinship with Thomas Jefferson if they do not understand that kinship is claimed through a monstrous act - the rape of a teen-aged dependent and employee/slave?

Slavery is not the same as employment, and the comparison of a slave with an employee is unsupportable. It's actually evil. And that makes the entire premise suspect; when an author writes from a deeply wrong-headed POV, then his or her conclusions cannot be evaluated as neutrally as would otherwise be the case.

The Clinton comparisons are also quite weak. I was in my 30s throughout his two terms and never heard any rumors about his having fathered a biracial baby. OTOH, I've read about Jefferson's paternity of Sally Heming's babies for decades now. I'm not saying that such rumors are impossible just because I'd never heard them, but as an interested, high information voter it's quite unlikely. At that time in my life, I read two newspapers daily (on the subway and while eating lunch) and a wide variety of magazines.

I am unfamiliar with the household arrangements at Monticello as regards Jefferson's younger brother who might have fathered Sally's kids; I do know that, for whatever reason, he emancipated them (but not all of his other slaves). That speaks loudly to me about the responsibility he felt for them.

If what is stated in that article is true, then it sows the seeds of some doubt as to who, precisely, was the father of Sally Heming's kids. The author's either being deliberately misleading or else deeply disingenuous, though when she writes...

Wallenborn notes that “only four or possibly five people -Thomas Jefferson, Sally Hemings, Randolph Jefferson, Jefferson’s oldest grandson, and Peter Carr, and Samuel Carr, his nephews who lived at Monticello - would have known the truth about the paternity question.”

...because the Carrs were excluded as possible candidates for paternity in 2000, two years before the article was written.

However, to quote another page from the Thomas Jefferson Foundation's website:

Based on the documentary, scientific, statistical, and oral history evidence, the TJF Research Committee Report on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings (January 2000) remains the most comprehensive analysis of this historical topic. Ten years later, TJF and most historians now believe that, years after his wife’s death, Thomas Jefferson was the father of the six children of Sally Hemings mentioned in Jefferson's records, including Beverly, Harriet, Madison, and Eston Hemings. To learn more, consult the readings, some with differing points of view, listed here.

16. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    "If he really was as anti-slavery as he's described early in the first link, then he should have emancipated all of them. He did not. He had decades to educate and condition them for freedom; again, he did not."

Well that's certainly easy to say, but doing so that day in age is quite another thing, but it is obvious that he did begin the steps towards emancipation. The man was certainly, to an extent as well all are, a product of the times in which he lived.

The only reason I posted anything is because you posted that he was a rapist as fact when that supposition is hardly an accepted fact and is still highly debated.

Thanks for the discussion!

17. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

Um, some of the state's GOP is condemning it too.

18. JulieInNaplesFL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  19. cruztbone

Gold Member

grabbinass makes the perfect Repugnantcan. i have made my point and he has refined it to an ignorant peak. The GOP is the most racist, hate filled, selfish, antisemitic, antiimmigrant group in the US , except for the Klan and the minutemen.
    GOD BLESS THE MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE. BECAUSE OF HIM I SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT, KNOWING THAT HE PISSES GRABBINASS OFF EVERY DAY. AMERICA IS A BETTER PLACE FOR THAT ALONE.

20. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And yet all your posts are full of hate against people who don't believe what you do.

Foolish mortal! FINISH HIM!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted