ABCs of STDs

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_Leotols Toy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Why is that so many people seem so ill-informed of STD's?

I thought that course in high school was mandatory yet I still get friends saying things like "I can't get an STD cause his come didn't touch my body"

Only reason I bring this up is because I've seen a few other STD topics popping up and some things people say about certain STD's just make me go WTF?!

And to make it worse, health practitioners aren't that much better at local health departments! Not saying all, but most seem to not even give certain things a second thought (like misdiagnosing me with HPV and Hep C, good grief)

Sites to check out like the cdc.gov, expert forum on medhelp.org and other CREDIBLE SITES
    GET INFORMED PEOPLE! Sorry for this rant :D

2. NiceDude

NiceDude Member

Albums:
    Amen!

3. erratic

Gold Member

People are misinformed because sex ed isn't taught very well, if at all, in most parts of the world. There's little talk about how STIs are caught, and a lot of ridiculous cross-section diagrams of genitals that don't teach anyone anything at all.

I could rant too, but I'll stop. I don't feel like getting angry.

4. AZNEWGUY

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm in my 30's and grew up in the age of AIDS. STD info was all we heard in school, family, friends, TV, the list goes on. Is it me, or STD education is not as visible as it was before? I may be out of touch since I’m not watching TV as much as I used to.

Draft saved Draft deleted