Abercrombie is Gay?

People used to say the same thing about Gap clothing back when it was extremely popular. You may remember the old joke that GAP was an acronym for Gay And Proud. I never paid attention to it back then. If I liked something at the Gap, I would buy it and wear it. I've never been one to care what other people say and think.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
in my experience A&F is only worn by a few groups of people:
young gay guys
preppy guys who look gay
preppy girls
older gay guys who try to dress and act like they are still 18

LMAO.....aint that the truth!! Yea I own some A&F stuff but when i see men my age decked from head to toe in A&F/Hollister...complete with the backwards baseball cap, i want to take them aside and kindly suggest the just give it up. :biggrin1:

I think the 'gay' lable is rooted in the hypersexual, homoerotic marketing campaign that Abercrombie embraced about ten years ago to keep them out of bankrupcy. As i have said before...one of the effects of gender equality is that young heterosexual men are held to the same objectification standards women (and gay men) have been held to for generations. This makes allot of folks squeemish.

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Over here, Abercrombie is just known as 'Gap in Gay Nightclub'.

The Saville Row shops stinks of cheap perfume and a heap of dumb tourists...and yes agree, it's definitely got a limited shelf life, still wearing college clothes when you long past hung up your haversack is sartorial suicide.

Last edited:

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
More interesting is why your mate wanted to know what you were wearing!! lol

A serious point of interest here also ?
What are you wearing?
from 1 man to another is by all standerds the gayest question that could be asked . did he know you were in bed
, maybe he thought you were naked, maybe he was looking for some image of you to J/O to

I have to admit, that's what I was wondering too. I have never, ever in my life asked another man what he was wearing and I don't think I've ever been asked either.

ilovekandypaint

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not sure if its entirely gay...but all my gay friends like it though...mmmm, nevermind wut ppl say lol, I always catch shit for always wearing christian audigier shirts so go figure, I just blow it off cuz most ppl around here wont/cant spend 200 on a tshirt...soooo just blow it off

mark115

Cherished Member
Media
i bet your friend is gay.
I think your friend is gay for asking what you were wearing whilst on the phone. That is not typical 100% straight man behavior.
What are you wearing?
from 1 man to another is by all standerds the gayest question that could be asked . did he know you were in bed
, maybe he thought you were naked, maybe he was looking for some image of you to J/O to
I have to admit, that's what I was wondering too. I have never, ever in my life asked another man what he was wearing and I don't think I've ever been asked either.

he said he's friend is in fact gay.

mark115

Cherished Member
Media
i bet your friend is gay.
I think your friend is gay for asking what you were wearing whilst on the phone. That is not typical 100% straight man behavior.
What are you wearing?

he said his friend is in fact gay.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
For your history lesson:
Abercrombie & Fitch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I actually remember shopping in the Georgetown store, when it was A&F "Classic", and it was still a traditional "outfitter". I was a bit surprised to see one pop up in L.A. several years later, with it's "new", ironically faux-vintage, look. :tongue:

For your hilarious aside:
"The whole thing just smacked of desperate corporate promotion of an ideal that only exists in the pages of a catalog. It felt contrived and ridiculous. As ridiculous as Abercrombie's youth-obsessed current branding founder, Michael S. Jeffries, a 60 year old man who dyes his hair beach boy blond and wears shorts or torn jeans with flip flops to work no matter what the weather. In Ohio."
SOURCE: Manhattan Chowder (goes to Washington): June 2008

For your entertainment:
YouTube - mad tv abercrombie

For your hearsay moment:
Several years ago, a friend from work was relating a "you'll never believe who I met this weekend!" moment. Apparently, an incredibly hot 20-something, invited him to "hang out" with the 20-something's "friend", for some all-expenses-paid fun, poolside, at a Hollywood hotel. This "friend" was a really nice, very wealthy "older" man.
"How much older?", I asked.
"Much. Like in his 50s", I was told.
"Hmm... With a 20 year old 'friend'?"
"The guy's crazy rich."
"Oh, so you CAN buy 'love'. Ha-ha. So how'd he make his money?"
"Well, ok, he's actually the owner of A&F."

rodboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
While I think the style is not particularly gay the label is a "gay uniform"
a sweat or t-shirt with AF on the front is not stylish it is dull and uninspired !

I would not be seen dead in anything from there in London it is overpriced,
and common.

Mixing vintage, with high street is much more cool in my opinion.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG!!! :rant:

I just went to Aberzombie and Bitch on 5th Ave today with Nick8 ('twas I that wanted to go, not him...) and I have no opinion on whether or not it was gay, but I did not enjoy the experience!!! :banghead2:

For starters, I had to queue to get in the bloody place!
Then I was welcomed into the shop by a dancing young man asking me 'what's going on?' :confused:
The music was really loud (yeah I know... I'm beginning to sound like my mother :rolleyes:)
The assistants were blooming clueless with regards to actually being able to help you
Despite that each and everyone of them greeted us with 'what's going on' :mad:
And it was all Nick8 could do to stop me going back in there after we'd left to respond to the 'what's going on' with some gruesome bowel or VD detail! :lmao: (I wish I'd thought of it while I was in there but I was too irked with the awful service :cool:)
And I didn't even notice the dishy posters on the walls! :crying:

This brit isn't at all impressed with A&F! :12: :tongue:

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OMG!!! :rant:

I just went to Aberzombie and Bitch on 5th Ave today with Nick8 ('twas I that wanted to go, not him...) and I have no opinion on whether or not it was gay, but I did not enjoy the experience!!! :banghead2:

For starters, I had to queue to get in the bloody place!
Then I was welcomed into the shop by a dancing young man asking me 'what's going on?' :confused:
The music was really loud (yeah I know... I'm beginning to sound like my mother :rolleyes:)
The assistants were blooming clueless with regards to actually being able to help you
Despite that each and everyone of them greeted us with 'what's going on' :mad:
And it was all Nick8 could do to stop me going back in there after we'd left to respond to the 'what's going on' with some gruesome bowel or VD detail! :lmao: (I wish I'd thought of it while I was in there but I was too irked with the awful service :cool:)
And I didn't even notice the dishy posters on the walls! :crying:

This brit isn't at all impressed with A&F! :12: :tongue:
Oh Doll did you buy anything? It's then at the point of sale that they ask you for your birthday... and I tried giving month and day...BUT NOOOOOOOOO they want to know the year you were born or they can't continue with the sale. I walked out!

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey, hi there, how are ya, what's happenin', what's goin' on, dance, dance, dance, hey, hi there, how are ya, what's happenin', what's goin' on, dance, dance, dance...all in darkness you need a seeing eye dog to find your way though with thumping base jolting your bones, hey, hi there, how are ya, what's happenin', what's going on, dance, dance, dance...

I loved it. But I'm gay. I bought a muscle polo in chinese red.

Last edited: