ABERCROMBIE staff ... sexy ??

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is second hand information from a friend who worked there; so im not posting it as gospel.

From what I understand, they pre-screen new hires based on looks with F2F interviews. They take digital pics of the most competitive people and send them to Corporate for approval. IIRC a few states and countries have banned this practice...but for the most part, it is still in place. A&F also requires that their staff be in all A&F clothes...head to toe...when on duty.

They're always having questionable hiring practices. From Wikipedia...

In 2004 lawsuit González v. Abercrombie & Fitch, the company was accused of discriminating against ethnic minorities by preferentially offering desirable positions to White American employees.[63] The company agreed to an out-of-court settlement of the class action suit. As part of the settlement terms, Abercrombie and Fitch agreed to pay US$45 million to rejected applicants and affected employees, include more minorities in advertising campaigns, appoint a Vice President of Diversity, hire 25 recruiters to seek minority employees, and discontinue the practice of recruiting employees at primarily white fraternities and sororities.[16][18]

In June 2009, British law student Riam Dean, who had worked at A&F's flagship store in London's Saville Row, took the company to an employment tribunal. Dean, who was born without a left forearm, claimed that although she was initially given special permission to wear clothing that covered her prosthetic limb, she was soon told that her appearance breached the company's "Look Policy" and sent to work in the stock room, out of sight of customers. Dean sued the company for disability discrimination, and sought up to £20,000 in damages.[64] In August 2009, the tribunal ruled the 22-year-old was wrongfully dismissed and unlawfully harassed. She was awarded £8,013 for hurt feelings, loss of earnings, and wrongful dismissal.[65][66]

In a lawsuit filed in September 2009 in U.S. District Court in Tulsa by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 17-year-old Samantha Elauf said she applied for a sales position at the Abercrombie Kids store in the Woodland Hills Mall in June 2008. The teen, who wears a hijab in accordance with her religious beliefs, claims the manager told her the headscarf violates the store's "Look Policy."[67]

In 2010, a Muslim woman working at a Hollister store in San Mateo, California was fired. Before being dismissed, Hani Khan had refused Abercrombie & Fitch's HR representative's demand that she remove her hijab. The representative reportedly stated that the headscarf, which Khan wears for religious reasons, violated the company's "Look Policy". The civil liberties group Council on American-Islamic Relations has stated that the dismissal is a violation of nondiscrimination laws, and filed a complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.[68]

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Abercrombie And Fitch used to be a sporting goods store. There is another thread in ETC asking what do you remember about 1982 as it relates to this thread I bought the best "sweats" ever made at A&E, sadly they are no longer manufactured.
The new A&E that caters to the 18-22 year olds I've never been actually been in the store because the music is so loud. (I hate sounding old) I always see a lot of people carrying thier shopping bags at the Ala Moana Center when I'm in Honolulu and on 5th Avenue when I'm in NY so they obviously have a very dedicated customer... alas I am not one of them.

AverageJon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I know here in the UK they can get around laws by headhunting rather than recruiting.
At least, that's how Hooters get away with employing their "Select" taste in women, without getting done for descrimination.

absoluttarheel

Just Browsing
Media
Wilmington (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I used to work for both abercrombie and Abercrombie & Fitch. The hiring process isn't as grueling and superficial as it's made out to be. I wore lots of A&F in high school and went in to my local store one day looking for a job. Hired on the spot with no head shots, face to face interviews or any of that. They just like having clean cut, fit looking people in their stores. The did, however, require that we wear A&F head to toe, including their flip flops. We'd try to wear Rainbows and they'd make us cut off the tag. And black clothing was an absolute no-no.

chatterbox2010

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can barely breathe in that store. Just walking past it in the mall. Ewwwwwweeeeee. Cologne anyone? HAHA

I have to admit...i have a bottle of A&F Fierce cologne. It smells a lot better when its on one person and not covering the entire store though, but the smallest bottle they have has lasted me over 5 years because it is so strong. 1 squirt will last all day. I only wear it if i'm getting dressed up to do something. some of these guys who bath in their cologne just seem gross to me.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i'm also using the fierce!
i bought the big 100 ml bottle ...
my colleagues always complain ... they always say "you smell like an abercrombie store" ...

i think i should use less in future :cool:

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Youtube video on Abercrombie's casting process.

Jeeze that's creepy. That video is assembled by them, and you know why. They're putting it out there in the hopes that people with "model quality" appearances will apply to A&F in the hopes of getting discovered as a model while working there.

It's all so cyclical... bleh.

ZipidyDodaa

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is second hand information from a friend who worked there; so im not posting it as gospel.

From what I understand, they pre-screen new hires based on looks with F2F interviews. They take digital pics of the most competitive people and send them to Corporate for approval. IIRC a few states and countries have banned this practice...but for the most part, it is still in place. A&F also requires that their staff be in all A&F clothes...head to toe...when on duty.

That is true... from personal experience I can say that they are very shallow, superficial, people who run the company. I worked there when I was in college and the way the other staff members would talk about "ugly" people when they came in would disgust me. I lasted about 6 months and called it quits. I won't even wear their clothes any more. I'm embarrassed to admit that I worked there to many people... I don't want anyone to think that I treat people that way behind their back. FYI: hollister is the same company.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
FYI: hollister is the same company.

but i guess hollister has a different target group.

what about the hollister products?
are they really the same as the abercrombie stuff?
i would say yes ... because most products really look the same ...

and the label in hollister shirts etc. shows "ANF + number" ...

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
In the NYC store they're sooo annoying. They all stand around talking to each other and sort of dancing as though they're at a party and "greeting" you as you pass by with this ridiculous patter "Hey, dude how's it going, what's happening?". I finally told one of them to just shut the fuck up. :rolleyes:

This. I've been dragged into the store in London on Savile Row FFS! twice now by different friends of mine, on both occassions I was nauseated by the stench of that cheap toilet cleaner derivative they have the effrontery to call a perfume and acosted by their simian brained staff. On both occassions the staff were so intrusive I had to ask them to leave me alone, and both times they were rudely over familiar, it's like they see gay man they think "moron with a boner I can lazily con into buying our tat".

Nasty.

Last edited:

Bullball

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Having worked at A&F, you have no idea how important looks are there. When I was working there the manager had me sit in on some interviews, and I thought a few of the girls did really good, but I guess they lacked the "right look" and he told me everything that would be wrong with them for A&F. It's about sex and clothes. If you can intertwine the two like they have, everyone would make millions. Also, you really do have to be dressed head to toe in A&F clothes. A guy once came into work with a Hollister undershirt on and he got sent home for the day. You literally are walking models in the store. You're eye-candy, not their to work it almost seems like. Very good pay though. haha

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
WOW Bullball ... allways when being in an A&F store in future, I will imagine the guys have a dick like you ... WOW .... :eek: :eek:

Sorry, off-topic ...