Able to Control Your Erections/Arousal...Will Power or Low Libido?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Jovial, May 17, 2008.

1. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I often hear guys poke fun at other guys that get erections at unwanted times (e.g. posing for an art class, on a date, etc.). They say he couldn't control his erection. Is it just a matter of having will power to not get an erection if you don't want one, or do the guys that can control it just have low libido and are jealous of the other guys?

When I was a teenager I could get aroused very easily around girls but I always felt like I should be able to control it somehow. I felt bad for not being able to control it. It seems like a lot of other guys didn't have this problem. Looking back I think I just had a high libido and should have been proud of it.

So what do other guys think, does the ability to control your erections mean strong will power or low libido?

hardboy_fll likes this.
  2. SteveT

SteveT Active Member

Albums:
    As you say, it is not always possible to control when they happen. You get aroused when you don't really 'want' to. or it just simply happens at an unexpected moment. Most of us wake up with them.

3. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dicks do seem to have a mind of their own, don't they?

I've never had much ability to control my erections. The only way seems to be to leave the situation or be distracted by something that displaces the horny thoughts.

I don't think anyone should feel bad about not being able to control erections. It can be embarrassing, but what can you do? They are less spontaneous than when I was a teenager, but still, when it wants to get hard...

4. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I agree with Vince...most of the time, the dick has its own mind. I suppose I can control it by thinking other thoughts...but sometimes it is too late to have any effect.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

But what if the reason for the erection is you just met someone you like? And thinking of Bea Arthur and Margaret Thatcher as lesbian lovers doesn't make the erection go away. Do you walk away, perhaps saying, "I'm late for a meeting." Which then leaves the woman you were talking to completely befuddled, as she thought you were hot and interested in her. :confused:

Now I see why mixed messages occur. I didn't realize I was supposed to be doing a 24/7 bulge watch. :tongue:

6. Buxykay

Buxykay New Member

Getting an erection easily should be a blessing. There are a lot of guys out there who can not without a little help. The ability to control erections especially around girls is a matter of will power. It could really be embarrassing and on the other side, ladies might feel uncomfortable if they noticed although a person who readily gets an erection is a ladies man because they think "this guy will certainly be a nice piece in bed". Don't take my word for it, I am only thinking loud.

7. Meniscus

Gold Member

Although I do believe that most of the time men can exercise some degree of control over when they get an erection, I think we've all had moments where the circumstances were just right to "flip our switch," so to speak, and the resulting erection is just gonna happen no matter what. As if thta weren't bad enough, those are the erections that seem to last for a long time, no matter how little attention you give them. It's like trying not to crack up with laughter after seeing or hearing something that struck you as incredibly funny, but the time and place was inappropriate. The more you try to hold the laugh in the more you can't, until it literally just bursts out of you. The only way to get rid of it is to let it out.

I've made no secret of the fact that I have a low libido, so it's hard for me to get an erection without some kind of help, my erections aren't as strong as they used to be, and I sometimes have difficulty maintaining them. Once upon a time, I used to get a little bit aroused by seeing a good-looking guy or a sexy situation. Rarely did I get fully hard, but I'd feel a tingle in the groin and maybe get a little bit engorged. I was certainly ready to go, should the opportunity present itself. Alas, these days, nothing much turns me on anymore, so I don't experience that sort of casual arousal in my day-to-day life. I really miss being able to feel that way. I'd give a lot to be able to feel that sort of casual arousal again, to feel turned on by something, to feel my cock stirring, enlarging, straining against my pants. Although it was inconvenient and potentially embarrassing at the time, it was also fun to feel that way. Now, I feel diminished, disconnected, and disinterested--existing but not really living. Does that make sense?

So, if you're the sort of person who gets inconvenient erections, don't feel bad about it and don't let other people get to you if they tease you about a lack of control. Enjoy it, revel in it, and thank God for it.

8. MrGoodDate

Gold Member

I have always controlled my hard on by wearing Jockey shorts and making minor adjustments when my little man was awakened and wanted attention.

9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well in the situation of meeting someone you like, the response can vary.

Lots of times you don't want to hide it. :biggrin1:

Sitting down hides an erection.
    Putting your hands in your pockets helps hide the bulge.
    Slip away and tuck the boner under the waistband of your pants and tighten the belt. The pressure on the glans makes the erection go down.
    If all else fails, think of Rosie O'Donnell.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

*BUMP*

Interesting topic I'd like to see more responses.

11. QuiteOne

QuiteOne New Member

Albums:
    I haven't had any trouble controlling my erections since I was in high school. It's been at least 20 years since I've had a spontaneous erection. I've totally compartmentalized my sexuality. Not sure if that's a good thing....

12. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    So when is it acceptable to not hide it? If you meet someone for a first date and give them a hug and get a visible semi, is that acceptable?

So say I was on a first date with a hot girl and we were walking down the sidewalk and I looked down at her cleavage a little to long and got an erection. Sitting down on the sidewalk would look a little weird. If I slipped into an alley to adjust myself, she'd wonder what the heck I was doing. If I walk around with my hands in my pockets, I feel a little strange, and she would probably think it was a little odd. And if I am thinking of Rosie O'Donnell while she is talking, then it will seem like I'm not paying attention to her, so I'll come across as rude.

So you make a comment about it, joke about it, or just don't say anything even if the person you're with notices? I would think asking for a blowjob 20 minutes into a first date would not go over well. Or is the secret to masturbate a couple times before ever going out anywhere?

13. Darpon

Darpon New Member

Controlling erections is completely impossible.

I remember I was singing in a choir. I was thinking of singing, and thinking of the notes, and always making sure I was on pitch, with correct enunciation blah blah blah blah.

Out of nowhere, I feel my cock get bigger. Standing on the stage with like 80 other people, I just get a hard on for no reason at all. There are people in front of me, so neither the audience nor anyone else notices, but yeah, it got hard then went back soft on its own.

That was several years ago, though. I can control it now; if I start to get hard, I think of a Big Daddy from Bioshock placing the giant drill in front of my cock, and drilling through it, tearing it to shreds. I think of gore and pain like that, and that works, assuming no one sees me wincing in pain at the mere thoughts.

14. arde

arde New Member

Albums:
    hi guys!help!can somebody try to send me a privit message?i m not sure if its working.please?thanks a lot.

15. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Masturbating before going out may help, but I never did that... wearing baggy pants helps hide it. Wear them if you know you're going out with a hot looking girl. Reach in your pocket and squeeze the hell out of your cockhead. That makes my hardon go down, but your mileage may vary.

16. Principessa

Gold Member

Doesn't sound like a good thing at all. :frown1:

17. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just asked a friend on MSN about this. he said that when he gets an unwanted erection around women, he thinks about being in bed with them and being unable to get it up! Performance anxiety makes him lose the erection.

18. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Does the girl ever notice you and ask, "why are you squeezing the hell out of your cockhead?" :tongue:

19. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    No. She says, "here, let me help you with that.." :biggrin1:

20. splitface

splitface New Member

jerking b4 going out has never helped with me. Ever. I think of just depends on my mood. If I am tired, I just don't get hard. I have a total of 3 cases of morning wood under my belt (LOL... Pun) but if I am happy, running around doing fun stuff, or having a good time, BONER TIME!!!!

STORIES:
    one day in drama class, we were just rehearsing for a skit and there it was. In front of a whole, 29 person class. That was day 1 of grade 9 (high school). FUCK.

Me and my friend Myles were studying for a math exam in the library. As I was reciting the quadratic formula, I got THE and I mean this THE strongest erection I have ever experienced in my entire life. It hurt so bad, because my cock goes up, and the way it was sitting in my jeans, it got hard pointed relatively down, straing against my pants to point up. I was breathless from the pain.Me and him were close. Like closer than brothers close. I told him what was going on and I went to the bathroom and just unbuttoned my jeans, so it was free, and just pitching a tent in my boxers. We kept studying like nothing happened, right there in the bathroom.

Playing halo 1, 2, and 3, I got multiple boners. Purely vocal music, performed by a large group or people, especially when strings, like violins are inxorperated, literally and emotionally excites me. And has the power to make me teary eyed.

At the end of Bioshock, the end bid if you save the Sisters, I cried. No kidding. ( that actually wasn't a boner story. Oh well

But a Big Daddy's drill??!? Can anyone say oh my ****ing JESUS THE PAIN IN MY CROTHCAL REGION IS RATHER INTENSE AT THE MOMENT????!!!!!!????

BUT YEAH go erections!

#20 splitface, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted