Abnormally High Sex Drive

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is worrying me. How come my naturopath didn't mention this kind of stuff? Could it be that he is exagerating how high my levels are? What is considered too high? I guess I should really go see a real doctor! I have never taken steroids, and my testicles do not seem small, seem to be on the larger side. I definitely don't look like I take roids, as I am on the thin side, about 6 foot 4, and only 183 lbs. I do feel like I experience mood swings though, and it is a bit strange that I haven't gotten a girl pregnant by now(just thought I've been lucky).

you need to see a Dr. Don't freak out. Just get it out of the way soon so you do not spend more time worrying and less time on your studies and other things you could be doing besides worrying. There are lots of things online to read about ... to get that passage I posted...I googled "abnormally high testosterone lvls in males". Most of the pages said the same things....

Just get checked. Better to be sure than trust the medical advice of random people on a large penis forum. :)

MC1000

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How far above the high end are you talking ? 5 points or 500 points? As others have pointed out prolonged high levels can cause real health problems. Hyper levels of Testoserone can be caused by stress or damage (cancer, tumors, disease, exposure to certain chemicals/poisons, parasites) to the endocrine/hormonal system in your body (testicles, pituitary, etc.) Best to see an endocrinologist. They specialize in this part of the body'd system. An endo may find that your problem is not too much Test, but rather a lack of a nother hormone and the high level of Test is you body's way of trying to bring things back into balance. Treating the high Test would be treating only the symptom, not the cause. Another thing to remember is that medical tests reflect the average not an absolute. It is just like with precription drugs. The recommended dose is what at least 50% receive acceptable results. Some people need more to be effective, others less. You may be a person who naturally has a higher level than average. If you are testing on a scale that have an acceptable average range of 200 to 1200 and you are tessting at 1300 that may not be a serious threat but just something to watch. However if your are testing at 2500 then that would be cause for concern and serious further testing. At any rate try to find a good endocrinologist. This may not be an easy task. I would suggest trying to find one who specializes in men's health. Good Luck and keep us posted.

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
It sucks because the test was a saliva and didn't measure from 200 to 1200 nanograms like my previous ones. It had a different form of measurement, and the doctor said it's not easy to convert to nanograms (I'm starting to think he might not be that good, there has to be a way to convert the number), but I have been happy with him up until this point. he said it was over the normal range, so I guess it would have been above 1200 mg then, but I hope if it was dangerously high he would of mentioned it.

I will see a regular doctor just to be safe, even though I really dislike medical doctors, because in my experience they are rarely thorough and they are quick to just prescribe medication without really getting to the problem.

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
Wellhung9--I would say get to an MD and get a good check up--if your grad school has a student medical clinic use that one. Also do you play with your nuts a lot and/or hard? This can release testosterone; its why some guys like ball torture and busting so much--the sudden release of testosterone can be a high!

I do play with my nuts a lot, didn't know that increased testosterone, interesting. I used to have a varicocele, which was painful so I got it embolized. I have found mixed things saying that it does or doesn't raise testosterone levels. Maybe this raised mine a bit, but most people don't have varicocele's. Kind of funny to think that it might have been keeping me in normal range.

NY4Curious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
By all means do see a qualified M.D., if there is something wrong it most likely can be earily corrected, if it is a reaction to stress that too is easy to deal with.

If everything physical in your body is working as it should and in the condition is should be, than feel yourself blessed. Remember the bodies and drives we have as young men do come with ownership papers. They are lent to us by nature and while they can be renewed many times, the "blush of the rose" that we hope is what you are experiencing will last no more than several decades at the most. Enjoy all the sex possible alone and with others. I wish to believe that those who have been given the gift of a high sex drive are those favored by the gods. (Of course though American I am pure Scandinavian in descent.)

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
^

I should clarify that it's converting saliva testosterone to blood level testosterone. I don't think it's as simple as multiplying by 100, because my doctor could of done that and so could I.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was about to start a similar thread when I found this one. So I decided to bump this one instead.

My problem is similar to the OP, but the only exception is that I have been seeing an endocrinologist for years now. I have an abnormality with my pituitary gland and it's definitley made my life unusual.

More than anything, the constant horniness is what is predominant with me. I can sympathize wholeheartedly with the blessing/curse you mentioned. It's something I definitely do not want "treated", but is also something utterly frustrating because it's never satiated.

My wife and I have had arguments about this, but from all of the women I've been involved with, she's been the most understanding.

The 3 things I recommend:

1) As others have said, see a doctor. Nothing says you're forced to take the treatment

2) Find an outlet. Sex has always been my coping mechanism. It's not necessarily a bad thing exactly, but it can get very irritating if it's the only way you can cope. I wholeheartedly recommend martial arts. Knocking someone's head in, preferably a friend, in a controlled environment is exhilerating and very therapeutic.

3) Hope and pray and strive to find a woman with the same libido. This one may be a tall order, but if you find that special someone who can keep up, it is the closest thing to heaven on earth.

AliasMcName

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is worrying me. How come my naturopath didn't mention this kind of stuff? Could it be that he is exagerating how high my levels are? What is considered too high? I guess I should really go see a real doctor!...

I am a bit late to chime in here, but medical issues are something that needs careful support because there is so much garbage out there that good advice is often hard to find. A Naturopath is *not* a real doctor. They often give useful advice that, frankly, anyone with sense should know anyway, but they usually have 0 hours of training in anatomy or biochemistry.

The advice in the rest of the replies have been spot on, see an MD and them probably an endocrinologist after a referral. Then you can start making informed decisions about possible solutions and treatment.

-Alias

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a bit late to chime in here, but medical issues are something that needs careful support because there is so much garbage out there that good advice is often hard to find. A Naturopath is *not* a real doctor. They often give useful advice that, frankly, anyone with sense should know anyway, but they usually have 0 hours of training in anatomy or biochemistry.

The advice in the rest of the replies have been spot on, see an MD and them probably an endocrinologist after a referral. Then you can start making informed decisions about possible solutions and treatment.

-Alias

What he ^ said

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would suggest diet and abstinence. Eliminate animal products, reduce your caloric intake, and reduce protein. Reduce your bodyfat. Avoid masturbation, and avoid TV and the media because it is filled with sexual images designed to grab your attention.

Worked for me. I went a month and a half without even thinking about sex. I even resisted my girlfriend's advances until I was tricked into giving her a massage. That broke the spell.

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i get CRAZY horny too, and not just for a few min. I spent 1 entire day at work leaking precum, and believe me there aint nuttin sexy about internet marketing.

it's just something that i (and maybe you) will have to develop a strong will for.