Abortion and the healthcare bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Mar 22, 2010.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

why was it in there in the first place?

If a woman wants to make the decision to abort a baby - why should taxpayers foot the bill?

Close your legs.

Cough up 25 cents for a condom.

It begs the question - "who are you trying to placate?"

i agree that everyone should have medical insurance, but anyone that wants me to pay for a 'romp in the hay' for somebody that has absolutely no respect for human life, no respect for women, and doesn't give a damn about any of the consequences - eh, who are they looking out for?

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Gve it up, star. Health care is passed so you can now start focusing on distorting language for Financial Reform. :rolleyes:

3. galaxus

galaxus Member

What if they were raped?

4. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Sore losers are pathetic. So are cowards. You're both Starpussy

ps Starpussy.... You're right. Don't pay $200 so a woman can abort a kid... That way, you can pay over a million dollars raising the little deadbeat and incarcerating him when he comes and steals your car, because he was raised in a shattered home and didn't get raised right by his indifferent parents who didn't want him and couldn't afford him.

Just remember, when you assume the responsibility for bringing a life into this world, you assume the responsibility for the bill too.

#4 B_talltpaguy, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  5. eurotop40

Gold Member

There are alternatives such as death penalty or the army.

6. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For who? the woman?

Paying for an abortion is so stunningly cost effective for society it ought to be a no-brainer.

If you want moral arguments, how many poor people will starve because there is another rich american in the world consuming all the food and fuel?

7. B_starinvestor

The death penalty is stunningly cost effective, too.

Firing squad is stunningly cost effective for treatment of terrorists, too. Sure beats due process on cost.

Immediate deportation of illegal immigrants is stunningly cost effective.

It would be stunningly effective for the poor person to learn a trade or skill - so that he/she could provide productivity and by virtue of that - consume as much food or fuel as he/she would like.

8. B_starinvestor

that's different.

What percentage is that BTW?

9. B_starinvestor

It passed?

More like - it was manipulated through the system via trickery, bribery and loopholes.

What an accomplishment.

10. houtx48

Gold Member

someone else needs to close their legs and stop talking out their ass.

11. midlifebear

Gold Member

Agreed, close your legs, start wearing a butt plug, and quit bitching Starpooper. We don't want to hear you complain about getting raped. And remember, wearing a condom is one the best ways to prevent the transmission of almost all HIV infections. If the standard ones are too big for you, they make smaller ones that won't come off. :smile:

12. B_Mister Buildington

Maybe in China. In the good old USA, it's actually more expensive to kill a man than to imprison him for life. I believe it has to do with all the appeals a condemned man is entitled to. It is the only reason that I oppose the death penalty.

It makes perfect financial sense for the government (yes, through taxation) to pay for abortions, but it makes even more sense for them to be incentivizing birth control. Give women 50 bucks to get an intrauterine device and keep it in for 5 or 7 years, I say. Or at least make birth control free.

The poor and stupid are having too many children and it is hurting us all. I know that it sticks in a lot of peoples' craw to have to pay to take care of problems that others have essentially caused for themselves, but it's cheaper in the end to give it a "stitch in time".

13. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

What Law has congress passed in the history of the country that wasn't done by trickery, bribery or loopholes? They are all done this way, don't be naive. This was simply a particularly public battle.

14. B_starinvestor

I would support a statute that would give all perpetually unemployed folks a vasectomy.

Is that harsh? Perhaps. But if they are forever jobless they are not in a position to be fathering children.

Now THAT would be extremely cost effective in the long run.

15. B_starinvestor

There is no doubt in my mind that you are the go-to source, the grand poobah, the sultan of expertise in miniature condoms.

And even though you are hung like a hamster - you should still go out there and enjoy life.

Now, back to the matter at hand.

For those women that are collecting welfare and already have children, they should undergo a procedure which prevents them from getting pregnant again.

If they are collecting welfare, they are not in a position to be raising children.

This would take care of most of the problem, and virtually eliminate crime in this country.

16. Novaboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Canada, Great Brittain, Austrailia, Europe etc.... We just sat back and watched the debate in disbelief that people would protest against having health care for all of their people.

17. galaxus

galaxus Member

Its really hard to tell. 1 out of every 3 women have been sexually assualted. But the law's deffinition of rape and people's deffinition of rape may vary, because of this reason, many rapes go unreported.

Rape is slo the easiest felony to get away with. The victim is an walking crime scence and many find it is difficult to put their perpetraitor behind bars. The United States Department of Justice said that almost 200,000 people (the vast majority are women that were attacked by men) were raped or sexually assauted in 2005.

18. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Starinvestor, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it say "Male" next to "Gender" for you?

Until you have a turn as the body of a woman, I cannot give you one iota of credence. Your comments about cheap condoms and keeping one's legs closed are offensive.

You cannot know, you will never know what it is to be capable of creating life, and so I do not expect you to know. I do, however, expect you to be aware of that fact.

19. midlifebear

Gold Member

Well dear political neighbors, sit back and keep watching. This historic vote yesterday was the USA's Health Care equivalent of storming Normandy Beach. There are evil GOP despots who lie ahead. :eek:

20. B_starinvestor

The issue is that people that cannot afford to raise children - are giving birth repeatedly - and everybody loses.

Children get raised in poverty, or get shuffled around in foster homes.

They, many times, go onto lives of crime and prison.

As long as this group of people are reaching into my pocket in order to subsidize welfare, assistance, etc., then I am automatically given 'credence' because my dollars are financing those bad decisions.

I believe that the woman should have the choice.

But if they have no ability to financially support the raising of a child, the choice should be made for them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted