Abortion, choice or wrong?

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Abortion videos...

I have a question.

Many people have a passionate view on the subject of abortion... but do they actually understand what is actually involved in the process?

Now, I'm not going to post a video link, nor describe in detail the actual process as it will offend someone in measure that I can not repair.

I had to take a friend of mine to the clinic when I was younger, but was only a driver, I never stopped to think what was about to happen. I wasn't until much later I watch a video of what was actually happening. You can find then on YouTube if you care to look.

I have always taken the view that it's a woman's body and her choice. If both parents agree or are simply unable to care for the child, the child has a deep incurable sickness, then I have no objections to abortion.

What's your views and why?

Do you think it should be necessary to watch a demonstration video before young men and women can form their opinion?

Do we view abortion as a last stop contraceptive?

Do women have the right to choose to abort if the father wants to keep the child or vice versa?

Last edited:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Those abortion (and circumcision) videos are just SHOCK TACTICS.

In order to give people the most information and help them make the most informed decisions, we should be seeing INTERVIEWS with teenage mothers or otherwise other women who DIDN'T have abortions when they wanted.

See how much richer (or more likely, poorer) their lives are for it.

Then we should see INTERVIEWS with women who had abortions and find out if there lives are any better or worse for it.

I can see why people do it - especially in the case of incurable illness, but I do feel it's taken too lightly, in the UK at least.

If done at all, it should be a last resort, and not an easy option that kinda encourages irresponsibility. I feel, myself, that it's wrong to end a life once it's already been started, but I'm not sure of my exact reasons why, lol. Plus faced with the situation myself, I might find myself realising how difficult a choice it would be.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

In order to give people the most information and help them make the most informed decisions, we should be seeing INTERVIEWS with teenage mothers or otherwise other women who DIDN'T have abortions when they wanted.

See how much richer (or more likely, poorer) their lives are for it.

Then we should see INTERVIEWS with women who had abortions and find out if there lives are any better or worse for it.

I think I agree...

I've seen a few videos, some medical and purely factual, others pro life and religious in bias. Whilst the factual ones place the emphasis on terminal illness and the like, the pro life one titled it 'The Silent Screen' I think it was, just to further emphasis their bias.

Though I now understand the procedure, I do agree, I haven't seen anything of the actual people, their reasoning and their lives post procedure and that actually, it would be a far better way of approaching the subject to many.

While my opinion is not quite 100%, I'm not sure that I'd go as far as calling it 'murder' as the pro life and religious fundamentalists do.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you don't believe in abortion don't have one.

If you don't believe in same sex marriage don't marry someone of the same sex.

This isn't rocket science folks.

However I will say this; relegating the females of our species to back alley butchers (since we ALL know that abortions will be had when needed) is fucking barbaric.

A woman has utter and complete sovereignty over her own body. FULL STOP

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Many people have a passionate view on the subject of abortion... but do they actually understand what is actually involved in the process?

What does the process matter?

The real issues surrounding abortion is the choice of whether or not to give birth and the "Is it life?" question.

We don't ask people about to undergo liposuction, colectomy, open heart surgery or neurosurgery to watch videos prior to having the procedures done even though they likely don't have a true understanding of what is involved. Doing so would be pointlessly visceral, serving only to create a feeling of discomfort.

I think it's a given that most surgery is just plain gory. Showing a video of abortion (no doubt a vid of late stage abortion so that the fetus is better developed for maximum visual effect) to a woman who is either wrestling with the issue or has made her choice is definitely a shock tactic designed to prejudice their decision.

dude252007

1st Like
Media
Humans always have the CHOICE to do WRONG. If we were right by default the world would be great but we must choose to do good, and what is right. I don't care what a consenting adult does to themselves but an unborn child has no voice. If you don't want a child then don't have sex. Actions have results and liberals try hard as they can to erase consequences of human actions. You hear this all the time when you hear someone say "it's your life, live it", or "you only have one life, enjoy it". Someone should tell liberals it is not religion that said every actions has an opposite and equal reaction but rather their beloved science.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is no predetermined right or wrong, they are creations of your own imagination. If you're against abortion, adopt a child. Until then, shut the fuck up.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you don't believe in abortion don't have one....

This isn't rocket science folks....

However, this situation is far stickier than you'd like to think. What if you don't believe an unborn baby is merely a part of the woman's "own" body, and is a person in its own right? And not only that, a person with no control over whether it gets to live or die, subject to the whims of its mother who things she's merely removing a part of her body? We like to think of ourselves as champions of those who cannot stand up for themselves, such as the mentally disabled, the poor, the sick et al. Unborn children could fall into this category depending on your assessment of the situation.

Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, this "my body" argument is sketchy at best, hinging on an important definition on which opposing sides will never agree. I'm sorry, but while it isn't rocket science, you have oversimplified a complex moral issue to the point of indignity.

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

However I will say this; relegating the females of our species to back alley butchers (since we ALL know that abortions will be had when needed) is fucking barbaric.

I agree here, Stronz.

I don't know (if I were female) if I'd choose to have one, but neither do I know or could imagine the situations (sometimes desperate) that women who face that choice might find themselves in. I do know that I'd at least want to have the option to decide.

Perhaps alternative choices would be in better preventative information and availability of those options (anti abortionists opposed the availability of the "morning after pill" in this country). Perhaps there should be better options and better facilitated processes for adoption and such, after delivery.

Perhaps the very same people who raise hell about abortion could give a damn about the care of those same infants (and their families) after they come into the world.

B_24065

1st Like
Media

...But she DOES NOT have the full sovereignty over the BODY growing inside of her, and therfore, does not have the right to terminate that life process.

Its not as simple as you think Stronzo.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...But she DOES NOT have the full sovereignty over the BODY growing inside of her, and therfore, does not have the right to terminate that life process.

Its not as simple as you thing Stronzo.
Actually she DOES have that right, the Supreme Court said so.........

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Perhaps the very same people who raise hell about abortion could give a damn about the care of those same infants (and their families) after they come into the world.

You are asleep at the wheel B.C. on this one. Many (the majority) pro-life organizations are connected heavily to pro-adoption groups that will take full accountablility and responsibility for unwanted newborns as well as their mothers. A group i was once affiliated with had a 100% adoption promise or financial assistance program for every mother who changed her mind. We paid all housing , medical, and infant needs for 2 years after the child was born or until the mother was "back on her feet". Many, many organizations do the same thing. You need to educate yourself on this before you think for a second that the pro-life movement stops at sign waiving.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media

Most abortions are in the first trimester. These videos that show a fairly developed fetus do not represent the average abortion.

Abortion is a medical issue. A woman's right to an abortion should be decided by her and her doctor, not a politician who knows nothing about medicine.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No they did not. The supreme court is mute on the ontological value of the "body fetus". There concern in Roe v Wade was soley over federal vs. state rights. come on Industrial.
I don't think so:

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973),[1] a landmark case decided by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of abortion, is one of the most controversial and politically significant cases in U.S. Supreme Court history.
In Roe v. Wade, the Court held that a mother may abort her pregnancy for any reason, up until the "point at which the fetus becomes 'viable.'" The Court defined viability as the potential "to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid," adding that viability "is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."[2] The Court said that, after viability, abortion must be available when needed to protect a woman's health, as defined in the companion case of Doe v. Bolton.[3] The Court rested these conclusions on a constitutional right to privacy emanating from the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, also known as substantive due process.
In disallowing many state and federal restrictions on abortion in the United States,[4] Roe v. Wade prompted a national debate that continues today, about issues including whether and to what extent abortion should be legal, who should decide the legality of abortion, what methods the Supreme Court should use in constitutional adjudication, and what the role should be of religious and moral views in the political sphere. Roe v. Wade reshaped national politics, dividing much of the nation into pro-Roe (mostly pro-choice) and anti-Roe (mostly pro-life) camps, while activating grassroots movements on both sides.