Abortion Laws

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=warmsunshine link=board=99;num=1072583634;start=0#18 date=01/01/04 at 17:03:35]
I would think that good "Christians" would feel the same way.  After all, the bible doesn't say ANY thing about abortion or life beginning at "conception" or any such nonsense.
[/quote]

I am theoretically pro-Life, but my view is more from a scientific than theological standpoint. Removing a foetus is not like removing a tumor or parasite. A foetus grows, breathes, feeds, has its own heartbeat, its own blood type and circulatory system. It is undeniably alive. It does not suddenly become a 'human life' as it passes through the birth canal. Abortion should not be used as retroactive birth control. I can't justify viewing a foetus as anything but a living human being. I'm sure most of the people here who were products of an unplanned pregnancy are glad their parents didn't get rid of the 'problem'. However, I don't think we should legislate morality or press our views on the populace. We as individuals need to lead our lives the way we feel to be right. My conscience is mine alone, and I have no right to tell a pregnant woman that she shouldn't kill her child just because I think so.

Tender: [quote author=warmsunshine link=board=99;num=1072583634;start=0#18 date=01/01/04 at 17:03:35]  After all, the bible doesn't say ANY thing about abortion or life beginning at "conception" or any such nonsense.
[/quote]

well to me it does.
says he knew us before we were born. has set some people apart before birth for special purposes.
has knit us together in the womb. and numbered the hairs on our heads. also says thou shalt not murder. doesnt define murder, so we can assume it means ending human life. a fetus is human life. they have their own fingerprints by 9 weeks. -- an individual which the woman has a moral responsiblilty before God to carry through birth....after that, she can keep it or not.
like i said before no one has yet to disprove that it is human life BEFORE its born. or that is individually unique. true that a fetus cannot survive outside the womb, but guess what? its cant survive outside either! it has to be fed every couple hours, bathed, diapered, ect ect. no difference. it is just as helpless after birth, as before. oh, except that it isnt considered valuable until after its born... ::)
as to the remark about thousands of unwanted babies every year.... thats not true. there are thousands of people waiting on lists for babies, who would even pay lots of money, time and emotional investment to get one.
there are thousands of unwanted pregnancies, not unwanted babies.
and thats not the fault of anyone sometimes, its just a consequence of actions.

i had a dr make a remark to me once that if i had genetic counseling, i could make an informed 'choice' in the future if i were to get pregnant again.
my my! should have just said, 'what a shame you couldnt have killed this boy, and saved us all some trouble!"
IDIOT.
needless to say, she never got another $ of mine.

and i wasnt as stupid as some people to keep getting pregnant when i know that chance is high for us.

Tender