Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I posed this question in another thread, and I felt it was more appropriate to start a new thread since it's a different topic.

Please keep your liberal panties one, and don't fly off the deep end. I genuinely am looking for your side of the story and your justifications for legislation that state that you can legally abort a baby at 16 weeks.

Below are the facts that I stated regarding a baby at 16 weeks.

Week Sixteen: Facial expressions are possible

You are 16 weeks pregnant. (fetal age 14 weeks)
The fetus measures nearly 5 inches (12cm) from head to buttocks.
The fetus weighs about 3.5 ounces (100 grams).
The fetus is covered with a protective soft down to regulate its temperature.
Fat begins to form underneath skin.
Baby hears external voices, sleeps and dreams.
Your baby has learned to breathe. This is apparent from the regular movements of his chest, inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid. These actions help the lungs to develop and grow. More developed facial muscles may lead to various expressions, such as squinting and frowning. Your baby nows weighs more than their afterbirth. The baby can grasp with his hands, kick, or even somersault.

You are showing more now and have an obvious swelling in your lower abdomen. The rest of your body is still changing. A total of 5 to 10 pound (2.25 to 4.5 kg) weight gain by this point in your pregnancy is normal.

The crown to rump length of your baby is 4.4 to 4.8 inches (11 to 12 cm). Fetal weight has doubled in 2 weeks and is about 3.5 ounces (100g).

Lets be clear.. I am not looking for it's her choice, it's her body, or any of that. I want to hear justifications for killing something that is breathing inside of you. I mean I really do want to know, because maybe I am just being too hard on the subject, I don't know. It's just that every time that I hear the argument, all people say is it's her body and it should be her choice, but if the baby were breathing outside the mothers body, that is murder?? It all just seems very selfish to me.

I understand instances of Rape and Incest, and I can understand taking the morning after pill. I get that whole idea. You are doing it immediately and it is causing the fetus the least amount of harm. What I don't get is the mother waiting months, and then saying, nope I changed my mind, I'm not going to take the responsibility.

I eagerly await your response.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I understand instances of Rape and Incest, and I can understand taking the morning after pill. I get that whole idea. You are doing it immediately and it is causing the fetus the least amount of harm. What I don't get is the mother waiting months, and then saying, nope I changed my mind, I'm not going to take the responsibility.

Stupid statement. Either way the foetus dies - least amount of harm, indeed.

Look, I'm not your audience - I'm anti-abortion at all stages - but the argument is about defining life. You define 16 weeks as alive, I define conception as alive. The current US law and the people you are asking do not define a 16 week foetus as an independently living human being.

There is no point arguing for your emotion based stance there in the OP. You need to argue this point in terms of science. Breathing the amniotic fluid of the womb is not the same thing as breathing air, for a start.

I can't make that argument because my beliefs are taken from my religion and not from science. I admit that - I make no pretension to have a scientific basis for my belief that life starts at conception. But if you want to argue the definition of when life becomes life with people and laws who see it from a uniquely scientific view point then you have to drop this emotive stance. It doesn't work.

JP0724

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
what about just not getting with child in the first place?
or is that just me?

as much as I would love to say lets teach abstinence... it doesn't work. If your kids want to go out and fuck, no matter how you raise them, what you tell them, it doesn't matter.. If they want to fuck, then they are going to find a way to do it.

but I agree, people need to take responsibility. If you don't want a baby, then take precautions.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree with a womans right to abortion but not after 16 weeks as you say.

What you are decribing there is a little person and that person should have a right to life surely???

And yes I do think a mother should have been able to make up her mind by then.

I had a friend when I was younger that I met up with after not seeing her for quite some time and she told me she had a termination at 5 months and well... I just don't know how she could do it!?!?

But yeh, for the reasons I've stated plus the facts the JP lists above I am very much in agreement with JP.

Amber

JP0724

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree with a womans right to abortion but not after 16 weeks as you say.

What you are decribing there is a little person and that person should have a right to life surely???

And yes I do think a mother should have been able to make up her mind by then.

I had a friend when I was younger that I met up with after not seeing her for quite some time and she told me she had a termination at 5 months and well... I just don't know how she could do it!?!?

But yeh, for the reasons I've stated plus the facts the JP lists above I am very much in agreement with JP.

Amber

I mean please don't get me wrong. I know horrible things happen, and people get raped or whatever, but why support legislation that allows a tiny person to murdered because the mother didn't want to take responsibility. Maybe if we invested in adoption reform, and provided mothers in a bad situation with more options, it would curb this atrocity.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Troll alert!

Things that make you go hmm . . .
Has anybody else noticed that although JP0724 has been a member since February 2008, he just started posting a week ago; mostly in the Politics Forum?

Isn't it interesting that he is one of the rare Gay Republicans on this site?

Sits down next to JasonDawgXXX and shares her popcorn :popcorn: both wait for fireworks.

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what about just not getting with child in the first place? or is that just me?
That's quite naive and not what the topic is about anyway.:mad:

What's this 16 weeks nonsense about? :confused: :irked: Every place I have ever lived (NJ, DC, MA, GA) the cut off was 12 weeks. Sixteen weeks puts you firmly into the second trimester. I don't like the sound of that at all.

JP0724

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Troll alert!

Things that make you go hmm . . .
Has anybody else noticed that although JP0724 has been a member since February 2008, he just started posting a week ago; mostly in the Politics Forum?

Isn't it interesting that he is one of the rare Gay Republicans on this site?

Sits down next to JasonDawgXXX and shares her popcorn :popcorn: both wait for fireworks.

Your absolutely right, I had posted on a couple of other topics, but for the most part never found anything that I really felt like required my opinion. I found great joy in reading what others posted and 90% of the time the point of view that I would have expressed had already been posted by someone else. Politics is really the only place that I tend to disagree and would have a difference of opinion. I agree with most other things in the other forums. However, instead of being a negative nelly, why don't you embrace that I have decided to be more active and participate. We should all be glad when someone comes out of the shadows and starts participating, it makes for a better site, or we could follow your example and ostracize them and make it seem that there is something wrong with being more involved.

And yes it IS interesting that I am a gay republican... far too many homosexual feel that there is only one party for them. Most gay men say that they can't be republican because republicans are not gay friendly, and I say what's more important putting your country first, or getting married? I live in a red state with a republican governor and we have domestic partnerships, so I don't what everyone is always bitching about.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And yes it IS interesting that I am a gay republican... far too many homosexual feel that there is only one party for them. Most gay men say that they can't be republican because republicans are not gay friendly, and I say what's more important putting your country first, or getting married? I live in a red state with a republican governor and we have domestic partnerships, so I don't what everyone is always bitching about.

Dieses Weibchen hat ihr Gemüt verloren :biggrin1:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you don't believe in abortion...DON'T HAVE ONE!
+1
Why the abortion question? Legal or not, it has always been available and in use, even during periods of strong anti-abortion legislation. Personally, I would not put limits on gestation--let the woman and her practitioner decide the best remedy for her situation--it is none of my business.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're arguing that at 16 weeks the fetus is a fully formed person. It isn't.

Weeks 17 to 19
  • Baby can hear
  • Baby makes more movements
  • Mother may feel a fluttering in the lower abdomen
Week 20
  • Lanugo hair covers entire body
  • Eyebrows and lashes appear
  • Nails appear on fingers and toes
  • The baby is more active with increased muscle development
  • Mother can feel the baby moving
  • Fetal heartbeat can be heard with a stethoscope
Weeks 21 to 23
  • Bone marrow begins to make blood cells
  • The lower airways of the baby's lungs develop but still do not produce surfactant (a substance that allows the alveoli to open for gas exchange)
  • Baby begins to store fat
Week 24
  • Eyebrows and eyelashes are well formed
  • All eye parts are developed
  • The baby has a hand and startle reflex
  • Footprints and fingerprints forming
  • Air sacs form in lungs
Weeks 25 to 28
  • Rapid brain development
  • Nervous system developed enough to control some body functions
  • Eyelids open and close
  • Respiratory system, while immature, has developed to the point where gas exchange is possible
Weeks 29 to 32
  • Rapid increase in the amount of body fat
  • Rhythmic breathing movements occur, but lungs are not fully mature
  • Bones are fully developed, but still soft and pliable
  • Baby's body begins storing iron, calcium, and phosphorus
Week 36
  • Lanugo begins to disappear
  • Body fat increases
  • Fingernails reach the end of the fingertips
Weeks 37 to 40
  • Lanugo is gone except for on the upper arms and shoulders
  • Fingernails extend beyond fingertips
  • Small breast buds are present on both sexes
  • Head hair is now coarse and thicker
Source

Not able to produce it's own blood cells until week 21. (FYI, without blood to transport the oxygen breathing is a pointless exercise.)
Lungs barely developed enough to perform the gas exchange vital to respiration at weeks 25-28. (Without the gas exchange you can suck in as much air as you like to no beneficial purpose.)

Your baby has learned to breathe. This is apparent from the regular movements of his chest, inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid. These actions help the lungs to develop and grow.

~snip~

I want to hear justifications for killing something that is breathing inside of you.

Factualy void, emotive statements in italics.

-Breathing isn't learned.
-The only actions that helps the lungs develop and grow are those at the cellular level.
- Aspirating fluid is not breathing.

The facts in your question aren't correct making the question itself invalid.
Your post is emotionally manipuative horseshit.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
From a personal standpoint I am completely against Abortion that is not from some horrible act, rape, incest etc.

Again, I emphasize, personal standpoint, meaning if I was in a situation with someone and this came up, I would do everything I could to protect the life I helped create.

At the end of the day I cannot tell someone else what they can or cannot do with their bodies. I think there should be some form regulation to protect children under 18. But if your an adult, I don't think it's my right to tell you what you can and cannot do.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
From a personal standpoint I am completely against Abortion that is not from some horrible act, rape, incest etc.

Again, I emphasize, personal standpoint, meaning if I was in a situation with someone and this came up, I would do everything I could to protect the life I helped create.

At the end of the day I cannot tell someone else what they can or cannot do with their bodies. I think there should be some form regulation to protect children under 18. But if your an adult, I don't think it's my right to tell you what you can and cannot do.

We have laws preventing people from hurting themselves and laws preventing people from hurting others including some that protect unborn babies. Expanding upon the latter would be a good idea imo.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And yes it IS interesting that I am a gay republican... far too many homosexual feel that there is only one party for them. Most gay men say that they can't be republican because republicans are not gay friendly, and I say what's more important putting your country first, or getting married?
I live in a red state with a republican governor and we have domestic partnerships, so I don't what everyone is always bitching about.
:aargh4: Just because you have everything you think you need doesn't mean everyone else does. Talk about having your head in the sand! :irked: