About emotional cheating?

korinaus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey, ladies here. I have a question.

Have you experienced 'just' emotional cheating without any physical involvement? i.e., thinking of another person when you are with boyfriend or husband. What was it like? And what is it different from 'just' sexual cheating?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

B_gexysind

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't think that's cheating ! Let's say it's just a sexual motivation, sometimes, but not always, when you start boring with your partner !

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
korinaus - If I may answer. I'm a gay male and I have a best friend in all the world who's a heterosexual female.

We have a closer bond in many ways (psychologically) than my male partner and I do.

I've seen within heterosexual opposite sex relationships platonic extramarital relationships which work out wonderfully well. (Takes some of the pressure off straight males to access their emotions)

I say it's a good thing. No. It's not cheating in my view.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, ladies here. I have a question.

Have you experienced 'just' emotional cheating without any physical involvement? i.e., thinking of another person when you are with boyfriend or husband. What was it like? And what is it different from 'just' sexual cheating?

Thanks in advance!
Not to my knowledge, no I have not. Then again I tend to have pretty strict personal rules and boundaries. So the chances of me allowing myself to get into an emotional cheating situation are slim.

Thinking about someone else in what way? Like, telling your bf that "I wish Joe were here, because he would understand." That's a problem. :frown1:

Emotional cheating/infidelity is any situation that creates or causes some degree of emotional unavailability on the part of one partner that interferes with one particular aspect of the relationship, along with the quality of the relationship as a whole.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that's cheating ! Let's say it's just a sexual motivation, sometimes, but not always, when you start boring with your partner !
Well thats just it, isn't it? If you have become bored with your partner for whatever reason and form an emotional bond with another man that's dangerous. That's how most physical infidelities start. :yup:

korinaus - If I may answer. I'm a gay male and I have a best friend in all the world who's a heterosexual female. We have a closer bond in many ways (psychologically) than my male partner and I do.
Of course you may answer, you are a valued member and sensible poster. :smile: I hate to sound bitchy but to my way of thinking that doesn't count. Since you are a gay male and she is a woman; there is no danger of your friendship being anything more than that.
Maybe I've misunderstood the OP but if there is never a chance that this person with whom you have a strong emotional bond will become a lover than in my mind it's not cheating.
I've seen within heterosexual opposite sex relationships platonic extramarital relationships which work out wonderfully well. (Takes some of the pressure off straight males to access their emotions)
You mean like the work wife or the work husband? Hmm, I have seen that work w/o any sexual innuendo or physicality; but it is rare.