About RAR files

Discussion in 'Straight Adult Websites' started by checkersabrina21, Apr 20, 2008.

1. checkersabrina21

checkersabrina21 New Member

May I ask: why is it that, when I use WinRar and I try to extract the file it says "You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack [filename.rar]" and then "no files to extract"? I can't post yet myself because of this...:confused::frown1:

2. D_Terry_Taintickler

D_Terry_Taintickler New Member

Depends; are you unpacking a set of split archives? anything with "part" or "##" in it means the whole entire set must be selected and un-packed at the same time.

Otherwise it can't understand the data and decompress something that's incomplete.

Maybe you can give some more details about what exactly you're trying to decompress, so we can understand better.

3. checkersabrina21

checkersabrina21 New Member

yup, it's a part, but what do I do after I download the other parts?

4. D_Terry_Taintickler

D_Terry_Taintickler New Member

well, try looking at whatever webpage you originally got the link from. It's on there, most likely.

oops. sorry i mis-read. To unpack the whole thing, you must select all the parts at once, including the rar without part in the name, if applicable, and then rightclick any of them and select "unpack to C:\dir\filename\" or something similar.

Draft saved Draft deleted