? about testicle exam

bdl2003: I was hoping you guys could help me with this? I have had some pain in my groin, I hurt it a week ago. Sometimes when it hurt the most my testicles would hurt as well, this did not happen before I hurt my groin. So I figured that was why they hurt sometimes, but I checked them, like I usually do, which is not very often, but I'm starting to do that more. Anyway my main question was while examining them on the top of each testicle there was a small bump, each was very similar, and it felt like it was where the (I don't know the name, but the vien, or tube that is attached to the testicle) is located. Both testicles were almost exactly alike there. I just wanted to know if that is what those bumps are, because there are veins right there, and if you all feel that too while examining for bumps? Also I was wondering if anyone who has hurt their groin had similar pains, that sometimes affected your testicles. Thanks for any help, I hope that makes sense, but I was having trouble finding answers online outside of a message board.

EddieUK: I am a medic. Pulling your groin can cause testicle pain because some of the nerves involved run on "the same line" as the ones from your testes. Secondly, the bumps you are feeling are probably the epididymis tubes. The begin on the back/top of each teste and run down the back side. If, you are truly worried, go to the doctor. If that is what will put your mind at ease, it's worth it. I don't think you have much to worry about.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The lump or bump you are looking for when examining your testicles is hard to the touch. All normal tissues in the scrotum are soft or just 'firm.'

If you feel a hard lump have it examined by a doctor ASAP. The quicker you act, the less you lose in the long run.

Pun intended.