Abs=success but I want nice pecs!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Otis Elevatornuts, Jan 19, 2011.

1. D_Otis Elevatornuts

D_Otis Elevatornuts New Member

I have okay abs, my penis is eh whatever, but I have terrible pecs! in some pics you can see and now cause of my sport i really only work out my abs and really wish to catch up. any plan with supplement and best lifting techniques? muscle guys help me out :p

2. SparkyNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    You really should give urself more credit! You look amazing. I'm not a muscle guy, mostly because I run marathons and that burns most of my muscle weight, but I actually lift several times a week. For chest I do flat bench presses, incline bench presses and butterfly machine. 5 sets each, 12 reputations, twice a week, I actually gained a lot of mass, but again, its very relative since I really struggle to keep any weight on with my running.

3. poptarts

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    replicating the butterfly exercise with free weights is a good idea. It'll work all the other little muscles that using a machine won't. Be ready for the burn though, it definitely hurts when you first start haha.

4. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

It looks like your pecs are in proportion with your ectomorphic build, but that's just my observation. Sparky and Poptarts laid out a good regiment for you...I'd like to add the hip dumbell press to the mix, especially as you start off. It will help you build mass without over-stressing your shoulders early on.

How to sculpt your chest with the hip dumbbell press | Video « Wonder How To

5. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    whatever you do, go heavy. and give your body/pecs enough time to recover.

6. D_Otis Elevatornuts

D_Otis Elevatornuts New Member

i also have a very fast metabolism supplement any weight gaining tips??

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

because of a shoulder injury, I had given up most chest exercises, save one -- decline Smith machine chest press ... I had been only working them once a week (I spend six days a week on weight training), but it's been my pecs that I get the most compliments on (from both gay & straight).

Given that, I've started to work them two - three times a week, as before, following a low rep, high weight programme -- four sets of four reps each, each set getting progressively heavier

8. D_Smeg Suckface

D_Smeg Suckface Account Disabled

i say more weight/ less reps & definitely give your muscles a break to revitalize themselves.

consider a protein supplement, like "Whey Protein"; hope that helps. =)

Draft saved Draft deleted