Abscess

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by athleticguy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. athleticguy

athleticguy New Member

Hey guys, how's it going?

So I've been feeling really ill lately; tonsillitis, fever, you know, just feeling low. And when I was in the bathroom, I found this lump kind of beneath my right butt cheek. It was quite hard, very small.

Anyway it didn't bother me until it got swollen, larger, and so so so painful. It was like sitting on glass. I eventually went to the doctor, who said I had an abscess. For those who don't know, it's a huge infection.

I went into surgery, and they cut the abscess out, but to let the wound heal, it needs to be left open (ie not stitched). I have to get the dressing changed every day, which hurts like f*ck.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a perennial abscess? My wound is quite close to my sphincter so it's quite difficult. Healing is supposed to be 3-6 weeks.

Would be great to hear from others.

2. eurotop40

Gold Member

I do hope it is not "perennial" (forever) but rather "perianal" (close to the anus).
    Never had it but I know it can happen and it is not funny.
    Good luck!

3. athleticguy

athleticguy New Member

Hahaha yes I meant the latter, good catch.

4. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    yes I have the same problem but I treat mine myself with peroxide.

5. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

My husband's had pilonidal cysts before. The first one almost killed him because it was deep in the tissue and the doctors couldn't palpate it. They had to do exploratory surgery to find it and the surgeon said it was about the size of a golf ball near his tail bone. They inserted 24 inches of wick inside the wound and we had to cut and pull out 1 inch per day. His healing time was 4-5 weeks and he was 100% better after that. He's had a few since then but they burst on their own with antibiotics. He is absolutely miserable when they happen because he can't even sit up. We found that they generally happen if he works in really hot weather and becomes a bit dehydrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted