Absolutely WORST Ever Boxer Briefs

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by b.c., Jun 6, 2006.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    A report on JOCKEY Seamfree Boxer Briefs

I wrote about these awhile back in another thread. But I think they deserve a thread all their own. I bought these briefs months back in a Texas Foley's dept. store, and meant to return them, only I left Texas before I could.

So tonite I grabbed the pack and put them on just before leaving for a nearby grocery store. After all, I though, maybe they weren't as bad as I had originally thought. I was correct: They were MUCH worse.

This pouchless abomination (priced at 13.50 each) comes nicely packaged in a perfectly square plastic case with graphics on the front resembling a CD. On the back it reads "Genuine Jockey Comfort, Fit and Quality" and "Structurally Perfect". Yeah, perfect if you've got absolutely NO dick or balls.

Twenty steps into the grocery and my cock and jewels had slipped quickly down one side and was coming uncomfortably out of the leg opening. Imagine having to reach down into your pants in the middle of the isle (luckily it was late and the store nearly empty) to try to rearrange your "hardware", though to little avail.

I'd burn these "suckas" except it wouldn't be worth the match. They're clearly the worst I've ever had. To quote a line from a movie, "I wouldn't wish [these briefs] on a broke dick dog."

2. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

I second this, I bought thos like a moth ago in both trunks and boxerbriefs. I guess they try to give you a variety of how far out the leg you want to fall out. Working in a retail store does have it's visual advantage on crap like this, Had I have seen it sooner.

The Jocky no (whaterver they are) underwear line is the same exact line as for the women. If you take a pair of the seemless womens, and mens underwear and put them next to each other you see the same exact cutting, only the womens briefs have an imaginary seam in the rear. I question a lot of jockey underwear lately such as the Life line they produce. It's not designed for a man, but rather a woman. That's why I swithced over to CKs they fit a little better. CKs aren't the best in the world but they are O.k. As for jokey, they aren't all bad just mostly bad so don't kill me LEX.:cool:

3. SlickWilly

SlickWilly Member

yep, chalk up another BIG thumbs DOWN... picked up a few pairs on sale ($5 each)... glad I didn't pay regular price. Strange... I usually LIKE their underwear. Their Sport Knit Boxer has been my fave for years.

4. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well it's obvious (to me at least) that Jockey doesn't really make all the underwear they stick their name on. I found a pair of Life brand boxers (a brand apparently acquired or owned by Jockey) that work fine, if you're lucky enough to find them.

These are made in Costa Rica, are made of an 85% cotton, 10% polyester, 5% spandex blend and come in grey (usually packaged with another pair made of a less giving fabric).

The thing that makes these work is that they are NOT seamless. Seamless boxers apparently mean that it's one piece of fabric with faux stitching on them to indicate where a pouch is supposed to be, like the pitiful product which is the subject of this thread.

The Life brand of which I speak actually has a separate piece of fabric (double stitched) which makes up the pouch section, and a little "tuck" kind of stitch (I guess that's what to call it...I'm not a bloody seamstress) at the bottom of it... which forms a real pouch.

I can't help but wonder however who, if anyone, actually tries on these products before putting them on the market. The makers of the Jockey seamfrees I previously wrote of clearly need to be taken out and shot.

5. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I have a pair of the seamless Jockey Brand (Next To Nothing) and they do not offer support for the endowed. I wear these only for playtime as it can be fun to play with, around and through the stretchy fabric. I wore them to work once and it was a disaster. Their new style "3-D Innovations" looks to be the same deal. I doubt that I would find them comfortable.

The Life Brand is made by Jockey exclusively for stores like Wal-Mart. I have two pairs of these (purchased by my ex) and I like the fit save for the higher leg opening (pic of these in dark grey is in my gallery).

I wear the Midway Boxer Briefs with Pounc Front (longer leg style usually) and they have a nice amount of room and support in the front.

b.c. -- you should call Jockey and complain. When I told them that the thigh seams in my undies kept ripping, they asked me to return all the ones I had and they sent me brand news ones (the next size up). I was very pleased with their customer service. I was on the line with a person within 1 minute of calling.

The representative commented that they were aware that some customers were having similar issues but had not been able to pinpoint the reason why.
    In the end, I do not think they have properly thought about people who may have a small waist and also a big package, hips or thighs (at least not all at ONCE).

6. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thnx for the advice, Lex. Unfortunately my list of "fish to fry" is already long enough...doubt if I'll get around to calling an underwear company, especially if they'll want me to mail the briefs to them and all that. I just wanted to let others know about it before they go out and buy a pair.

Not familiar with the Midway briefs. Who sells them?

7. MattBrick

MattBrick Member

Albums:
    Freeballer here

8. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Jockey. They fit me very well and are all I wear for day to day comfort.

Here is a link to them.

I have a 33" waist and have to buy the Large (36-38') if I wear the Midway for my thighs and ass..

If I wear the Boxer Brief (pouch front), I can wear the Medium (32-34").

www.jockey.com

9. apollo

apollo Member

I don't think the Jockey products are what they used to be. I bought some a few months ago and they don't fit at all. They are made more like kids underwear than adults. That was my last purchase of Jockey's.

10. aThickDallas1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is too funny that there is a post about these horrendous things. I, too, made the mistake of buying a pair (also at Foleys in Texas). I barely made it out of my bedroom before my entire package was outside the bottom of the underwear.

I suffered through wearing them for a couple of hours and that was it for them. I think I ended up just throwing them away.

I think they may have been particularly bad for me because I have a large penis (not huge, but large 7.5x6) and very large balls, so there was no way in the world my package was staying in these things with no pouch and almost no legs.

11. wadislaw

wadislaw Active Member

Albums:
    I wholeheartedly concur with the ongoing emotions brought on by this line of underwear. I bought a pair thinking that they would be just like my biking shorts only with more fabric, but those of you who have tried these on can imagine what I would have looked like had I gone biking with these on under a pair of running shorts. I didn't even get out the door before I told myself that I was going to have to change, lest I get arrested or, even worse, get seatburn in the worst of areas.

I've worn them for a total of 30 seconds. I think my cats play tug-of-war with them now.

-Z

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and oblivious to Conan O'Brien."

12. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Emotion is right. I never thought I could have such intense hatred for anything, much less a pair of underwear. LOL

I'd like to tie them to a rope and drag 'em thru the streets. :tongue:

13. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

All this time you were mentioning the jockey midway and I never seen it, but after seeing the pics I know what you are talking about. I have something similar by Champion. They feel the best when fresh out of the dryer. I would post pics but they're a bit obscene, even by me.:cool:

14. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Not paying attention? Tsk, tsk.

Post the pics, Bryan--let's see how obscene they are...

15. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

Before I begin hearing they are fake ect... I used a cockring (never again) and it's a bit swolen. Incase you can't see it by the blindingly bad lighting (almost all of my pics have bad lighting) I made sort of a map of parts to let you know where I am. :tongue:

Attached Files:

16. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Damn, Bryan--quite the tent you got going there.

Question: was the cock ring behind you balls AND cock or just at the base of your cock?

17. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

Be hind the cock and balls, which scared the living shit out of me when I couldn't get it off. I had to play a game of final fantasy to take my mind off of it. Even after it came down it still was hard to get off, so now I avoid them altogether as well as all "toys".:cool:

18. stretcher74

stretcher74 New Member

Albums:
    Two Words on Boxer Briefs:

Hugo Boss (Hitlers' Tailor)

They're the best. Egyptian Cotton I think. Special Made in Israel Soft-Weave.

$20+ a pair but my boys deserve no less.

---

7.5" x 5.5" if you're wondering.

19. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gawd!! Now that's obscene! lol

20. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted