Abstinence for Adults - This is TOO much

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I figured they'd do that.

Besides, I know single moms and dads who are very good parents, and married parents who are terrible parents. And I never wanted to have kids no matter if I was single or married.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you seriously equating a mere advertising campaign with some of the most grotesque disasters of the 20th century?

Well put, BD. People are very quick to label right-wing (even center-right) ideologies as 'fascism' when they tend to forget what real fascism is like. Pushing an evangelical Christian dogma like this is one thing - enslaving and killing millions of people is something else entirely.

That being said... screw abstinence, ha!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only meant to say...When you start taking away someones rights...that's is how it starts. My family left Europe after WW1, because they saw the handwriting on the wall. My immediate family was devistated by Senator McCarthy and his henchmen in the 50's. I know the difference. What is The difference between real fascism and neo fascism?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I only meant to say...When you start taking away someones rights...that's is how it starts. My family left Europe after WW1, because they saw the handwriting on the wall. My immediate family was devistated by Senator McCarthy and his henchmen in the 50's. I know the difference. What is The difference between real fascism and neo fascism?

So pushing abstinence to an age group is the equivalent of rounding up Jews and sending them to concentration camps, is that what you're saying?

There's no doubt in my mind that this is a terrible way to spend taxpayers' money, as NineInchCock_160IQ mentioned, but to equate this with the actions of the Third Reich is simply ludicrous.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So pushing abstinence to an age group is the equivalent of rounding up Jews and sending them to concentration camps, is that what you're saying?

There's no doubt in my mind that this is a terrible way to spend taxpayers' money, as NineInchCock_160IQ mentioned, but to equate this with the actions of the Third Reich is simply ludicrous.
Everybody is just getting too carried away with this... take a break and look up fascism in Wikipedia. I was not trying to be funny. Just make a point!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

???Rounding up Jews and sending them to concentration camps is not fascism, that's a whole other issue. I agree that the OP article is not really fascism (it lacks several critical indicators) but I really do have major problems with the current administration's understanding of lots of facets of this issue (sex education, that is.)

I actually do agree that abstinence should be chapter 3 or so in any sex education class for 6th through 12 grade students (chapter 4 et al should be "if you can't abstain, you should take precautions." chapter 5 could be "If you don't take precautions, be prepared to take responsibility for your actions.") Expanding their scope up to age 29 is absolutely ludicrous and an infuriating waste of taxpayer money.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Abstinence message goes beyond teens - USATODAY.com

F*ck you Laura and Chimpy Bush. F*ck you unprotected with an donkey di*k up the ass.

I'll echo that sentiment. What a wonderful method for sending us back to the dark ages when single mothers were ostracized for being promiscuous. Attempting to paint single motherhood as a shameful choice - what will they think of next? Notice they don't educate on birth control and condom use at all. Remember when women were expected to be the ones to worry about birth control? Looks like those times are coming back to haunt us. Fuck that noise.

This is why real sex education with a focus on personal responsibility - for women and men - is essential.

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
Sounds like another splendid use of federal money. Hooray for conservatives and small government.
And while they pour money into that bucket, They suddenly realize they don't have enough for everyone else. Who suffers? Well, last year an attempted 40% of funding was proposed to be cut from developmental disabilities. Fucking 40%. Sure, it is a teeeeeensy tiny example, but what the fuck, ya know?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know what, this program actually makes sense. Then we wouldn't have children born to adult @ssholes who cheated on each other and wound up in broken marriages over that. We wouldn't have a need for schools like these for the younger parents still in high school:

WNYC - News - High School for Pregnant Teens and Young Mothers
Dadeschools.net
Dorothy M. Wallace COPE Center South- Home

(what gets me, is the school mascot @ Cope South in Miami, FL, a f*cking stork & baby. School colors, Pink and Blue. And Grades 9-12.)

This is really a problem and burying your head in the sand and not trying to reach people before they simply f*ck up and add another mouth in the world to feed or educate over a moment of self gratification is absurd. It's one thing to have a child if you're capable of raising it, yet another to bring one into the world and just dump the problem on everyone else.

I'm the last to support Bush on just about anything, but any support I have for this program is for those that are creating a hardship for themselves and society. Really, what are the rest of us supposed to do after a couple that isn't responsible enough to stand on their own 2 feet have children ? Are we supposed to wait and hope these people grow into it ? That's if they ever do ? And don't hand me putting the children up for adoption, these are human beings, not dogs and cats at the local humane society.

A program for abstinence isn't for everyone, but reaching those that abstinence is exactly right for, shouldn't draw flack.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You know what, this program actually makes sense. Then we wouldn't have children born to adult @ssholes who cheated on each other and wound up in broken marriages over that. We wouldn't have a need for schools like these for the younger parents still in high school:

WNYC - News - High School for Pregnant Teens and Young Mothers
Dadeschools.net
Dorothy M. Wallace COPE Center South- Home

(what gets me, is the school mascot @ Cope South in Miami, FL, a f*cking stork & baby. School colors, Pink and Blue. And Grades 9-12.)

This is really a problem and burying your head in the sand and not trying to reach people before they simply f*ck up and add another mouth in the world to feed or educate over a moment of self gratification is absurd. It's one thing to have a child if you're capable of raising it, yet another to bring one into the world and just dump the problem on everyone else.

I'm the last to support Bush on just about anything, but any support I have for this program is for those that are creating a hardship for themselves and society. Really, what are the rest of us supposed to do after a couple that isn't responsible enough to stand on their own 2 feet have children ? Are we supposed to wait and hope these people grow into it ? That's if they ever do ? And don't hand me putting the children up for adoption, these are human beings, not dogs and cats at the local humane society.

A program for abstinence isn't for everyone, but reaching those that abstinence is exactly right for, shouldn't draw flack.

Yeah especially the part about not giving out any infomation about STDs, Prevention, Sexual Health or Birth Control. So there's billions for a sexuality program that suits 10% of the population that can't get any anyways.

Or are you saying that sex is a dynamic important part of human experience, except for the poor and disenfranchised who should live in a medieval fear and kept from the dangers of information about sex ?

And the statistical effect on those who promise abstience ? 0% or worse , except that when they do have sex they get unplanned pregnancy and disease.

You know, the only woman I ever talked to online who admitted to having an STD was raised in this holy-roller context. She had slept with over 200 men but was embarassed to go to Walmart to pick up "sinful" condoms that prevent her from catching or spreading infection. God knows how long it took her to get tested.

If they want to have a dialog about marriage, commitment and children power to them. Although the drug addled Bush crime family isn't morally qualified to lecture anyone on family, honor or personal responsibility.