Abstinence for Adults - This is TOO much

Oncamale28

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
...and to think our tax dollars are paying for his ever desparate attempts for the far, far right vote. Fortunately it wont be enough this time around, i think most have wised up to this style of "leadership" ...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with Transformer. The problem is that the people who need to abstain are not going to do so. Those who dont want to use protection because it doesnt "feel good" or want to pretend that if they arent using it they arent having sex are going to continue to contract and spread STD's as well as bringing children into the world who they will be hard pressed to care for sufficiently. I just see this as another option. One thing is if you arent having sex then you arent getting pregnant or contracting STD's. I hope that someone will see this not as another way the government is trying to dictate this most personal part of their life and think about the choices that they are making which affect not only themselves but potential children and partners (Not to mention disgruntled taxpayers) in days to come.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is nothing conservative our current administration, other than their bull crap propaganda.

My post was meant to be ironic. Obviously spending money on teaching adults to not have sex is niether a good example of fiscal conservatism nor small government. Bush has grown federal spending by record numbers. and this is the bullshit that they're spending money on. Of course this will only amount to a tiny fraction of his stupid war.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with Transformer. The problem is that the people who need to abstain are not going to do so. Those who dont want to use protection because it doesnt "feel good" or want to pretend that if they arent using it they arent having sex are going to continue to contract and spread STD's as well as bringing children into the world who they will be hard pressed to care for sufficiently. I just see this as another option. One thing is if you arent having sex then you arent getting pregnant or contracting STD's. I hope that someone will see this not as another way the government is trying to dictate this most personal part of their life and think about the choices that they are making which affect not only themselves but potential children and partners (Not to mention disgruntled taxpayers) in days to come.

> I hope that someone will see this not as another way the government is trying to dictate this most personal part of their life

I don't see how else it CAN be viewed. You seem to agree the program doesn't or won't work but support it anyways. Is this driven by wishful thinking ?

Oh and bring me up to speed on the groups of adult citizens you don't think should be allowed to have information about responsible, consensual, safer-sex. We can call it the bush doctrine.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After going through what the schools here call Sex Education, I made sure my nieces had the information to make informed choices about safe sex.

As for abstinence for adults, it’s just not going to work...... I lump this stupid idea with certain State governments stand on making single women married the fathers before getting any kind of government help and that flew like a lead balloon.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope that someone will see this not as another way the government is trying to dictate this most personal part of their life and think about the choices that they are making which affect not only themselves but potential children and partners (Not to mention disgruntled taxpayers) in days to come.
This is the only point I was trying to make yesterday! Thank you for saying it in a way I was unable to.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hope that someone will see this not as another way the government is trying to dictate this most personal part of their life and think about the choices that they are making which affect not only themselves but potential children and partners (Not to mention disgruntled taxpayers) in days to come.
This is the only point I was trying to make yesterday! Thank you for saying it in a way I was unable to.

This abstinence education isn't a bunch of lectures called called "commitment, society, fatherhood, motherhood and responsibility". It's "get it back in your pants because angry Jesus will make you burn." delivered on the government dime.

The whole thing is offensive in the extreme; Even more so because it's perpetrated by a group of hypocritical so-called conservatives like the bush crime family of junkies, murderers and philanderers, the senior republican senator for pedophillia and diddling and the man-whore shopping meth addled-head of the National Association of Evangelicals.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This abstinence education isn't a bunch of lectures called called "commitment, society, fatherhood, motherhood and responsibility". It's "get it back in your pants because angry Jesus will make you burn." delivered on the government dime.

The whole thing is offensive in the extreme; Even more so because it's perpetrated by a group of hypocritical so-called conservatives like the bush crime family of junkies, murderers and philanderers, the senior republican senator for pedophillia and diddling and the man-whore shopping meth addled-head of the National Association of Evangelicals.
You don't have to sell me;I know who they are!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Politics aside abstinence really is the only 100% way to prevent unwanted pregnancies. What's stupid is that this campaign will likely have a 0.001% effectiveness rate.

If they really want to make an impact in the way people treat sex outside of marriage they need to get this "abstinence is best" idea promoted by the media (Hollywood, television programs, music videos and the like).

Good luck with that.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, yes, we could hope that. But naughty, be realistic - what average age do you think this would be effective for? And how many - again, realistically - between the ages 18 and 30 do you think will be going to sex education classes? Teaching an abstinence-only program to any age learner is probably worse than teaching nothing at all. Actually, as a taxpayer, yes, I do resent the additional earmarking for a program that has such a miniscule chance of success.
Politics aside abstinence really is the only 100% way to prevent unwanted pregnancies. What's stupid is that this campaign will likely have a 0.001% effectiveness rate.

If they really want to make an impact in the way people treat sex outside of marriage they need to get this "abstinence is best" idea promoted by the media (Hollywood, television programs, music videos and the like).

Good luck with that.
Correct, abstinence is the only 100% effective means of preventing the spread of STDs and unwanted pregnancies. Any sex and health education program is going to be completely ineffective if it is not comprehensive, and especially if it is not given at an age-appropriate time. I'm disgusted that parents, for whatever reason, do not ensure that their children get such a comprehensive education. If the school is not willing or able to provide it, it is the parents' resonsibility. And the parents should KNOW what their children are or are not learning.

By the time a child is a couple of years into puberty, it's too late to start trying to teach basics. And only a complete idiot thinks that "providing this abstinence message" to anyone over 16 years old is effective.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Or are you saying that sex is a dynamic important part of human experience, except for the poor and disenfranchised who should live in a medieval fear and kept from the dangers of information about sex ?

No, not at all, but if they're in a poor family in their teens, why have a baby in the 9th thru 12th grades ? That sounds to me like giving up before even trying to make a go of it. Sandbagging/stacking the odds against any hope of a brighter future. Instead many will bring children into the world, force it down their parent's throats to help them deal with it and before you know it you have a family of 6 living in a single bedroom apartment ? Maybe even as many as 3 generations living under the same roof ?

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Good luck with that.

As applied to teenagers the campaigns so far have had a 0 or negative effectiveness rate for preventing teens from having sex. They've had a good effect in increasing the rate of unplanned pregnancy & STD transmission that will lead to long term health problems. Tied with an active resistance to allowing access to the HPV vaccine, Several thousands more women nationwide will probably die horrible agonizing cervical cancer deaths over the next 10 years due to the chimpcoward's actions in this area alone. Countless others will become infertile due to complications of untreated infections or worse as the biblical wrath of plague is visited upon members of the 90% of the human population that may not meet the born-again chimpshrubs' standard of behavior.

Great Program. Makes invading Iraq look like a good idea.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, not at all, but if they're in a poor family in their teens, why have a baby in the 9th thru 12th grades ? That sounds to me like giving up before even trying to make a go of it. Sandbagging/stacking the odds against any hope of a brighter future. Instead many will bring children into the world, force it down their parent's throats to help them deal with it and before you know it you have a family of 6 living in a single bedroom apartment ? Maybe even as many as 3 generations living under the same roof ?

Trans, I don't think there's any sex-ed program out there telling 9th to 12th graders to start squeezing out puppies. Let alone MORE little welfare-baby rugrats. If she's already pregnant she can abort or if that's against her religion give the child up for adoption or she might have to live with it. If she has proper education in this area she might use brith control and not get knocked up with the poor disadvantaged bastard in the first place. Or the morning after pill or something.

But I think welfare-mom/queen to be has already established that abstenence isn't going to work for her along with an inability to keep her legs shut per the shrubtardchristian ideal. Give her a bunch of birth control pills or some depo and condoms is she is sleeping around and I've just cut down 97-99% of all the future welfare-rugrats.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Good luck with that.

Hate to nit-pick, but oral and anal sex are also 100% effective at preventing unwanted pregnancies. They do nothing about stds, but pregnancies, they prevent.

And, of course there are the other ways to pleasure each other, that aren't abstenance, but have a 0% birthrate, and also 0% std transmission rate... like mutual masturbation (which can be OH SO HOT) that are simply not talked about, because it's sex, and sex is just bad.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
And, of course there are the other ways to pleasure each other, that aren't abstenance, but have a 0% birthrate, and also 0% std transmission rate... like mutual masturbation (which can be OH SO HOT) that are simply not talked about, because it's sex, and sex is just bad.
Yeah, I get you. Isn't Europe better at this stuff than we are? What works? Does anyone know?