Abu Gharib returns....

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Aug 12 2005, 01:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Aug 12 2005, 01:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Aug 11 2005, 07:32 PM
Oh, BTW, about Nick Berg: Any freshman med student can tell you what happens when you decapitate someone, and blood just oozing out ain&#39;t it.
[post=334696]Quoted post[/post]​
You feel the tape was a fake? I admit that I haven&#39;t had the courage to watch it
[post=334717]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
I&#39;ve seen it, and the image quality is so poor that it&#39;s really impossible to make any proper analysis of the execution itself.

that said, there IS plenty of official evidence on file which demonstrates quite conclusively that nick berg WAS a very strange person with some very strange acquaintances and occupations long before his equally bizarre and inexplicable "entrepreneurial" sojourn in iraq ... so whether his execution was real or faked, the whole thing was NOT as simple as we were led to believe at the time.

B_Dantesco

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Aug 12 2005, 03:01 AM
I don&#39;t understand why a Jewish person would choose to go into a hostile, Islamic area either.
[post=334762]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe for the same reason that a teenaged racist would continue to spew out his verbal garbage in an environment where he realizes that the majority doesn&#39;t share his twisted views. Because he likes to churn up shit.

Pappy

Media
The thing that most don&#39;t seem to understand or care about is that the Men and Women taking the heat for the misconduct at Gitmo/Abu Gharib, were just doing what they were told to do. The "Brass" is walking away scott free.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by brainzz_n_dong@Aug 11 2005, 08:36 PM

My addition to it all: If you want a complete discourse on how major powers treat Muslims, then why not open a thread for a detailing of the Russian Army exploits inside the republic of Chechnya these past 10 years? Maybe then international torture expert Sen. Richard Durbin of Illinois will get to trot out his "soviet gulag" comments and they&#39;ll be more applicable.
[post=334605]Quoted post[/post]​

Can&#39;t defend the actions of the Bush administration? Simple. Attack Democrats, communists, or anyone else who comes to mind.

SG

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jay_too@Aug 11 2005, 08:25 PM
We are and have been for many decades signatories of the treaties against torture that we refer to as the Geneva Convention. The U.S. Constitution established that treaties are the law of the land. When the government abridges or ignores treaties on toture, it would appear to this conservative to be an illegal act....perhaps, grossly so since it violates a basic document of this republic.

Civilized states/regimes do not use torture, period.

jay
[post=334742]Quoted post[/post]​

But, since our current "administration" has withdrawn from and has voided the U.S. compliance with the Geneva Conventions, no one has anything to worry about, right? Oh, and they conveniently passed a "law" that exempts, insulates and protects everyone involved, including civilian contractors (except our soldiers of course) from any prosecution for war crimes, which was specifically worded, btw to include the reigning president.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Pappy
The thing that most don&#39;t seem to understand or care about is that the Men and Women taking the heat for the misconduct at Gitmo/Abu Gharib, were just doing what they were told to do.
Befehl ist Befehl.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
I really want to fuck a muslim boy now. >;)

Anyhoo, about the London bombings, they were done by a buch of nutcases, but terrorism has ALWAYS been a threat since the 1970s and beyond. Just that the IRA only killed themselves accidentally (A bus bomb in the 90s).

About the whole torture thing. Consider the fact, that if someone raped a 12 year old, or did a drive by shooting of a wedding, or killed a grandmother working in the local store, they&#39;d get full legal rights and protection, the right ot a fair and honest trial. If they were suspected of planning to do these things, they&#39;d possibly be arrested and then through legal process they&#39;d have their acts justified. If they were found guilty through a legal and public system, then their punishment would fit the crime under the law.

Am I the only person who wonders why you can&#39;t torture rapists or paedophiles? Don&#39;t hit and run drivers deserve to be sexually abused for their sickening cowardice? Seems to me that if you&#39;re the brother of the cousin of the best mate of a suspected terrorist, then your ass is up for grabs.

As for the whole "war on terror" issue, well, I think you Americans love war too much IMHO, I mean, blessed are the peacekeepers and all that. Protect your people before you go fucking around with others. I mean in London, after the bombings we have police on the streets and I feel safer walking home at night, about freakin&#39; time too&#33;

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Aug 12 2005, 03:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Aug 12 2005, 03:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock@Aug 11 2005, 09:33 PM
...his equally bizarre and inexplicable "entrepreneurial" sojourn in iraq ... so whether his execution was real or faked, the whole thing was NOT as simple as we were led to believe at the time.
[post=334746]Quoted post[/post]​
I agree. I don&#39;t understand why a Jewish person would choose to go into a hostile, Islamic area either.
[post=334762]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
uh, I&#39;m pretty sure he wasn&#39;t an orthodox jew, in fact there&#39;s nothing to suggest that he was religious at all. the relevant point is that he was already hobnobbing with known islamic terrorists back when he was in college, and continued to do so at whiles thereafter, probably including his "private business venture" in iraq.

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Aug 12 2005, 12:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Aug 12 2005, 12:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pappy
The thing that most don&#39;t seem to understand or care about is that the Men and Women taking the heat for the misconduct at Gitmo/Abu Gharib, were just doing what they were told to do.
Befehl ist Befehl.
[post=334800]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

??????????????????

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by ORCABOMBER@Aug 12 2005, 06:12 AM
As for the whole "war on terror" issue, well, I think you Americans love war too much IMHO, I mean, blessed are the peacekeepers and all that.
"War on Terror" appears to be the "justification" for global domination. And hey, we need the oil. The bush cartel wants the money. Everybody&#39;s happy.

Protect your people before you go fucking around with others. I mean in London, after the bombings we have police on the streets and I feel safer walking home at night, about freakin&#39; time too&#33;
Our problem here is that we&#39;ve cut funding to the states and cities for police. Most of our National Guard is getting shot up in Iraq and any reservist that can walk, was shipped to the Middle East. There ain&#39;t nobody left here to protect us. London is STILL one of the safest cities in the world. Can I come stay at your house?
[post=334845]Quoted post[/post]​

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Pappy+Aug 12 2005, 07:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pappy &#064; Aug 12 2005, 07:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Aug 12 2005, 12:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Pappy

Befehl ist Befehl.
[post=334800]Quoted post[/post]​

??????????????????
[post=334893]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Orders are orders.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Chimera,

We should realize that you just can&#39;t talk or reason with many of the people on this chat board. Didn&#39;t you hear...the New York Times, the BBC, and the LA Times gave them exclusive rights to the truth and all the facts that accompany it, and who can begin to compete with that???

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by brainzz_n_dong@Aug 12 2005, 04:51 PM
We should realize that you just can&#39;t talk or reason with many of the people on this chat board. Didn&#39;t you hear...the New York Times, the BBC, and the LA Times gave them exclusive rights to the truth and all the facts that accompany it, and who can begin to compete with that???
[post=335013]Quoted post[/post]​
Um, no. But the fact remains that YOUR sources, such as Fox News, have argued that they have a right to lie. Or, such as the Washington Times, they&#39;re controlled by the loonies, I mean Moonies.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It&#39;s not really very hard to get a fairly accurate idea of what&#39;s going on in the world, but it does take a little investment of time and an open mind. Since we all know how to google, try reading ONE article on a subject from a news source YOU like, that caters to YOUR opinion, then read two from the "other side" to see what they&#39;re saying, then read three or four from other nations to get the world view. While you&#39;re reading, take time to look up info on anything that you don&#39;t understand, or that you find of interest. What I find most frustrating is when people only "educate" themselves to prove the point they already believed, not to learn any new facts. Faux news is a complete waste of time unless you look at is as the entertainment show that it is, but you could easily learn that for yourself if you tried.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here is what Norvell fessed up to in the May 20 Wall Street Journal Europe:

Even we at Fox News manage to get some lefties on the air occasionally, and often let them finish their sentences before we club them to death and feed the scraps to Karl Rove and Bill O&#39;Reilly. And those who hate us can take solace in the fact that they aren&#39;t subsidizing Bill&#39;s bombast; we payers of the BBC license fee don&#39;t enjoy that peace of mind.

Fox News is, after all, a private channel and our presenters are quite open about where they stand on particular stories. That&#39;s our appeal. People watch us because they know what they are getting. The Beeb&#39;s institutionalized leftism would be easier to tolerate if the corporation was a little more honest about it.

Read more here: http://slate.msn.com/id/2119864/

but I thought it was no surprise that it was a neocon news source.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, even though I&#39;m a left-wing nutjob, I can still tell when my side distorts the truth, that&#39;s all I&#39;m saying about fox.

edit- I don&#39;t know that they fessed up to lying, just being biased. I think they also were one of the news sources that supported their right to report the news as they saw fit regardless of how well it corresponded to the truth.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Aug 15 2005, 02:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Aug 15 2005, 02:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Aug 14 2005, 09:31 PM
I don&#39;t know that they fessed up to lying, just being biased. I think they also were one of the news sources that supported their right to report the news as they saw fit regardless of how well it corresponded to the truth.
[post=335560]Quoted post[/post]​
Most media sources have abandoned all attempts to impartiality; you simply choose which type of propaganda you wish to see.
[post=335565]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

No argument there. Even if you read bloggers, you get their personal slant. It&#39;s hard to read enough different sources to draw a realistic conclusion, but that&#39;s the situation we&#39;re in. I think it sucks, personally, that news programs can claim to be such when they&#39;re really only advertising. Poor Average Joe American has no hope of getting ANYTHING right.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Aug 12 2005, 07:01 PM
"War on Terror" appears to be the "justification" for global domination. And hey, we need the oil. The bush cartel wants the money. Everybody&#39;s happy.
Well, I&#39;m sure the poor smucks stuck in the middle are really having fun wondering if the bomb will from the sky or will the car next to them go boom..
Our problem here is that we&#39;ve cut funding to the states and cities for police. Most of our National Guard is getting shot up in Iraq and any reservist that can walk, was shipped to the Middle East. There ain&#39;t nobody left here to protect us. London is STILL one of the safest cities in the world. Can I come stay at your house?
[post=334845]Quoted post[/post]​
[post=334946]Quoted post[/post]​

As long as you don&#39;t share my bed&#33;
--------------------------------------------
As for the news thing, well the BBC was being slated for being anti-government and IMHO, if you make ALL MP&#39;s annoyed, you&#39;re doing the right thing.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Apparently Chimera wants about the right to lie. Since I plonked him some time ago, but Jana apparently hasn&#39;t, I&#39;ll simply mention the names Jane Akre and Steve Wilson.

Even CNN isn&#39;t as liberal-biased as you might think. Notice Bob "you call it treason, I call it whistleblowing" Novak.