Acadian

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Imported, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: just wondering if any1 is Acadian or has a form of Barbarian tribe in their blood. Yeah its rare but still.

And if u do, do u know why im posting this?

If not, im posting this because i have italian and barbarian in me. Meaning, Italians= tendency to be very emotional especially when angry, Acadian/Barbarians= tendency to have a lot of adrenaline.

Yeah im just wondering why is it when having sex or umm... J/O, why i can go forever not sure if this fits here.

I think i have a good idea with the adrenaline and everything. Im just curious if this is healthy.

(BTW, Its Acadian not Arcadian >_< Damnit! Every1 i know says its Arcadian im the only one who has it in my blood out of them i think i would know -.-)

2. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: [quote author=ish789 link=board=health;num=1067730504;start=0#0 date=11/01/03 at 15:39:24]
    (BTW, Its Acadian not Arcadian >_< Damnit! Every1 i know says its Arcadian im the only one who has it in my blood out of them i think i would know -.-)[/quote]

Well, I know nothing of your blood, but if by "Acadian" you mean Cajun (or the French region where the Cajuns originated), then you're right. But when you throw "Barbarian" in there, it suggests you might really mean "Arcadian" because the Greeks and Romans were known to use that term to refer to any country-dweller (though it originally refered to a specific region of Greece). Of course, they also referred to anyone who was not a Greek or Roman as a "barbarian."

3. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: yes but the acadian im talking about originated in egypt and yes i know they made a movie about it...

4. Imported

Gold Member

Solis24: heh well those are arcadians all right... acadians are the french-speaking people who live in what is today new brunswick, nova scotia and prince edward island provinces, in canada. Arcadia is a region of the antiquity, I think it was located in Peloponesus, in ancient Greece.

5. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: guess its arcadian i dono i was always told by my grandpa it was pronounced acadian

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=ish789 link=board=health;num=1067730504;start=0#4 date=11/01/03 at 17:21:32]guess its arcadian i dono i was always told by my grandpa it was pronounced acadian[/quote]

Ish, your grandpa was probably pronouncing it "ah-cadian."

Easy to confuse.

7. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: I always thought that Acadians were the French who settled in eastern Canada hundreds of years ago, later moving to Louisiana, forerunners of what we now know as "Cajuns." I have heard of ARcadians being from what is now Greece/Turkey/Near East/North Africa.

8. Imported

Gold Member

mhk: Actually, to answer part of your question, I have heard that adrenaline actually reduces your ability to get a healthy erection. This is why many men experience "problems" when they are anxious about being with a new partner or such. Anxiety or other adreniline rushes hinder the process. I'm not sure where I read that, but I do remember reading it somewhere. Just a thought.

9. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: ok i did some research and it is Akkadian not Acadian... anyways still need an answer lol

10. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: [quote author=ish789 link=board=health;num=1067730504;start=0#8 date=11/04/03 at 14:16:23]ok i did some research and it is Akkadian not Acadian... anyways still need an answer lol[/quote]

Ah. Akkadian with the "k"s makes much more sense derived from the Middle East. I still have no answer to your question (which I'm not really sure I understand anyway). But I'm guessing that others with Akkadian blood would be of generally Middle Eastern origin. And in general I don't think you can generalize all behavioral or physiological characteristics across every member of a given ethnic group.

11. Imported

Gold Member

buddy43610: there must be barbarian blood running through my body too because i was circumcised. how much more barbaric can you get? buddy

12. Imported

Gold Member

Solis24: Akkadian would fit on all historical and geographical counts (;

Acadians still live in eastern canada but their numbers are decreasing more and more. They were deported in vast numbers when the british tried to "briticize" the area a long time ago (when they won the colony from France) and instead of gruesomely killing them as has happenned at other points in old and recent history, they were deported to was is today Louisiana, where they are also loosing ground. Cajun is actually a deformation of acadian when pronounced with their accent. The "di" in acadian gets pronounced more so like a "j" and then drop the first A because it wasn't stressed in the pronunciation and you almost get cajun.

Draft saved Draft deleted