Accents

hindustorm

Just Browsing
Media
Hi girls, was just wondering what sort of accents you liked in guys? and why? : )
(not to sway your votes but i have a northern irish accent, which im guessing not many of you have heard!?)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi girls, was just wondering what sort of accents you liked in guys? and why? : ) (not to sway your votes but i have a northern irish accent, which im guessing not many of you have heard!?)

I have a good ear for accents but must admit I have no idea how to distinguish a northern Irish Accent from a Southern Irish Accent.:confused: As a country we Americans are notorious for being instantly enchanted with foreign accents.

I have always been partial to English, Scottish, and Austrailian accents. :smile:

hindustorm

Just Browsing
Media
Irish not on your list then? : ( lol, thats cool, yeah some people in uk can't even tell the diff but there is one, liam neeson (sp?) (love actually, voice of aslan in narnia film, etc) has a northern irish accent, whereas Colin Farrell has a southern irish accent.
Obviously there's many accents in any one country but that'd give you a rough idea : ) consider yourself enlightened...

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love accents of all kinds, as long as I can understand what they are saying. I've dated guys from Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Peru. They were all short term though. I go crazy for English and Australian accents.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, I dated an Irish-American guy who used to do the most wretched fake Irish accent.

Irish not on your list then? : ( lol, thats cool, yeah some people in uk can't even tell the diff but there is one, liam neeson (sp?) (love actually, voice of aslan in narnia film, etc) has a northern irish accent, whereas Colin Farrell has a southern irish accent.
Obviously there's many accents in any one country but that'd give you a rough idea : ) consider yourself enlightened...

hindustorm

Just Browsing
Media
"Sorry, I dated an Irish-American guy who used to do the most wretched fake Irish accent."

tut tut, ruining it for the rest of us! lol

"a norther irish accent is one of my favourites, as is received pronunciation, they get me all creamy :)"

you's just saying all the right things love haha

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Total sucker for accents. American especially. I also love Scottish accents and almost all Scottish men i have met have been lavishly sexy so that helps.

x
Honey

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In no particular order: Southern American, Irish (care not about north or south), Scottish (as long as I can understand them! lol), German, Australian. Mostly Irish & Scottish, though. I'm pretty much an accent-whore. :redface:

Chaz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I find rather than accent attracting me.. some just bug me... really stong Scottish accents and chavy English accent i don't like.. Some NY accents can sound a little harsh (however, i am seeing a girl in London who is from NY so not any serious prob there..) Swedish accent i like but thats prob because i love Scandinavian and Baltic women....... :D

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Hi girls, was just wondering what sort of accents you liked in guys? and why? : )
(not to sway your votes but i have a northern irish accent, which im guessing not many of you have heard!?)

What about ye! hindustorm - I'm sorry to say that a Northern Irish accent is one of the few I actually find a turn off. Of course, it depends what part - are you talking inner-city Belfast or rural Armagh? There's quite a difference.

I have few turn ons, accent-wise - one of the few being Cavan! Odd, as a Cavan accent is as about as far removed from Northern Irish as Granny Smiths from Golden Delicious..

Generally, it's more voices, tones, that do it for me...

lightninggirl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
SLAVIC.

i lose it every single time. i'll never forget this czech guy at a gay bar walking up and whispering in my ear, "i whunt to leek you POOHSY." oh, my GOD. i think i still might be in love with him a little bit!

i like a scottish dialect, and a south african dialect works as well. i've been with so many latino men that the spanish accent doesn't work on me anymore. :(

feely

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i hope the people that say a "british" accent realise the sheer variety of accents and dialects in Britain. There's Mancunian, North Mancunian (Bolton way) Yorkshire, Scouse, Geordie, Brummie, West Country, Home County, Cockney, East Anglian, North Welsh, Southern Welsh, Northern Scottish, Southern Scottish, Northern Irish, Irish and the Queen's English, all of which are completely different.