LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Everyone :)

@LPSG Simon will try to provide an update later today.

For the past year, we've been researching and trying to replace the chat platform. We are trying hard but struggling. All of the platforms we have found are either not interested in licensing the software or they do not allow adult content.

We feel like we are getting closer to a solution. We don't have one yet but we are trying. Which is one reason we've started the Zoom chats which have been going great (and are really hot too).

One question for all of you here. Are you looking for the video chat to be replaced? Or just a live chat in general? We have been focused 100% on replacing it with a live video chat. If chat is the main focus we may be able to find a replacement sooner than later.

Mr. LPSG

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It's my understanding that both text chat and video chat are quite popular and appreciated by many.
Several years ago, before we even had the option of connecting a webcam to the chat, it was still popular so I believe a pure text chat will be a good start, until we're able to connect webcams again.

D

deleted848353

The only issue with the text only chat everyone is currently banned on that even thou we arent banned

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Let me start with a comment I made with the LAST time we had a change in the chat interface some 7 years ago.

I've been around LPSG long enough to have seen a number of changes to the chat functionality. I don't recall ever really liking these changes when they came, but I eventually adjusted. The last change came with the addition of live cams, which really changed the feel of the chat room. Many people who used to come into chat stopped coming in because they didn't like the fact that the cams seemed to dominate the conversation in the room and they still do. But it did increase the number of people using chat.

As for this chat interface, it looks familiar to me, as I believe I've used something similar on another website. I miss whisper messages and the ability to accept/deny private chat requests. I tried leaving the main chat room once to focus on a private chat with someone, but that operation kicked me out of chat entirely. (In the most recent interface, you could leave the main chat room and only be in a private chat.) I find the font rather small and I do not know if I'm able to adjust the size of the text. I do like, however, the fact that we are able to send pictures and/or files to other people, which is a function I liked that was lost in the transition to the most recent chat we were using.

In the end, after that change, LPSG switched back to the chat we had been using, and that's the one that was still in use until today. I don't remember what the chat interface was that LPSG experimented with but eventually removed. We didn't use it for long as it wasn't popular and people wanted the old chat back.

I think though my comments about chat are still true: Cams are popular, they increase the number of chatters in the room. It's good to be able to have private conversations. And the ability to transfer files (pictures) within chat is a big plus, although the chat we were using did not allow that.

fightermike

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

For the past year, we've been researching and trying to replace the chat platform. We are trying hard but struggling. All of the platforms we have found are either not interested in licensing the software or they do not allow adult content.

We feel like we are getting closer to a solution. We don't have one yet but we are trying. Which is one reason we've started the Zoom chats which have been going great (and are really hot too).

One question for all of you here. Are you looking for the video chat to be replaced? Or just a live chat in general? We have been focused 100% on replacing it with a live video chat. If chat is the main focus we may be able to find a replacement sooner than later.

Mr. LPSG
i think a regular chat to hold us off until we can have a video chat platform makes the most sense. I generally do video on other avenues anyways, its the chat function that helps connect people with each other.

Reactions: Sklar and smileruk1

THEPENISGUY

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Now that support for Flash has "officially" ended, I am not able to access the chat room. How is everyone accessing it now? I have tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox to no avail - same error on all 3 platforms. Just curious.
As far as I know flash was scheduled to stop on the 12th, today, and it seems it has. this is according to LPSG Simon in support. I did sign up to test a replacement but have not heard as yet. I have asked Simon today.....so you are not alone. There is no chat/cam atm!

Reactions: HungThickNLong

THEPENISGUY

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Mr. LPSG

I am interested in chat/CAM.