Accidental touching of str8 guys?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by jerryhall, Jul 15, 2009.

1. jerryhall

jerryhall New Member

Albums:
    Some of you may remember my posting about being in "lust" with a straight guy of whom I was the boss.

I still haven't gotten over my lust or figured out if he would be interested. We are now business partners, but I only see him one day a week. He is black and I am white. He is "str8" and I am gay.

I have noticed the last couple of times that we are together, that when we are looking at a computer screen together to try to figure something out, there is some accidental touching that happens with our hands, sometimes legs at the knee, etc.

He never pulls his hand or his knee away, though. Last week, I just left my and on the table next to his hand and he didn't move it for about 20 seconds.

Straight guys help me out! Is he so str8 that he doesn't realize we are touching? Is that possible?

Or maybe it just doesn't matter to him?

2. Ferocio

Ferocio Active Member

Albums:
    It might be a big deal to you and mean nothing to him. He probably doesnt even realize it. Ever cram 3 people in a back seat and when the car turns you touch? Big deal man, peoples body parts touch now and then its life man, if he was interested in you at all, you would know.

3. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

It's completely normal for people to touch when they are sitting that closely together.

4. D_Toren_Adopants

D_Toren_Adopants Account Disabled

wink every time he touches you. ;) LOL

but seriously. could it be that you want something to happen so badly that you are starting to missinterpret things?

5. lookingforhung

lookingforhung New Member

Albums:
    Yeah, what the last guy said.

Soon you are going to get so desperate he will say "Wow..you are doing a lot of great work"....you "omg i never thought you would say that you loved me..i love you too".

Get a hold of yourself, bud.

6. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is he from a different culture? If so, then it would be hard to interpret what that would mean. If not, I tend to agree with the others -- wishful thinking on your part.

7. B_DnegelasiyelraM

B_DnegelasiyelraM New Member

Since he's straight leave him alone. You seem to be projecting yourself onto him and seeing stuff there when he does not want you at all since he's straight. He's someone who you work with and a business partner so even if he actually was gay or bisexual it still would be a very bad idea to do anything with him. When you work close with someone it's normal to touch them how you described and not have them notice it.

8. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    Touching isn't really indicative of romantic/sexual interest, especially nowadays. A lot of people are now comfortable with touching their friends in ways that in the past were suggestive of more -- don't read more into it than that he doesn't mind touching you.

9. houtx48

Gold Member

ever heard ''don't get your meat and bread and bread at the same place"?

10. Smartalk

Gold Member

You need to think long and hard at the possible outcomes here. You say he is now your business partner, which is great news. But in any business both partners need to get on really well and have respect and trust for each other. If you loose that then it could seriously affect your business. You have to ask yourself do you want to take that risk.

I suggest that you back off and concentrate on your business, it sounds as though you have a guy you can really trust and get along with, which is so important in partneships.

Also by backing off, if he is genuinely interested in you, as you hope he is, he will continue to make the moves, that is if the ever it existed in the first place.

Being in business together means you are going to be together for a long time, Rome wasnt built in a day, If there is ANY chemistry between you, then it will develope in time, or not, whatever the case may be.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear but your in danger of blowing everything apart, your partnership, your friendship, your business. Hell of a lot to loose, a lot more to gain.

Good luck

11. Kayden96

Kayden96 New Member

I dunno... a lot of my guy friends have been the "don't touch me" sort. They're too manly to touch a guy I guess. I'm always careful of it because I don't want to offend people.

Either way, as other's have said, it's a bad idea to dip your pen into company ink.

12. lickme69

lickme69 New Member

What really matters is does he know your gay???

13. jerryhall

jerryhall New Member

Albums:
    No, he doesn't. And he has never had a girlfriend, is very shy and could be very deep in the closet. Of course, as people have noted above, this could be my fantasy, too, I realize that.

He has said once or twice something about being "AC/DC", but I think that was in referring to his attraction to lesbian action, not sure though.

I feel an electric charge when we are touching, could that really just be me?

14. closetbi

closetbi New Member

Back off, see it if upsets him or changes his behavior.

15. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Your auras sparking. Everybody needs some loving. A lot of guys figure out later in life that they can be sexual with selective men. Even if that is not their first preference, being capable of touch is a true luxury in friendship I think.

16. B_DnegelasiyelraM

B_DnegelasiyelraM New Member

This guy is not bisexual, not every single guy is, and if he's straight he does not want sex with men at all. Plus it's not good to sleep or do anything sexual with someone who you work with. I've had men who I work with hit on me and I tell them no thanks since we work together. It sounds like you are just wishing that he's gay or bisexual when he is not. *sigh* I wish queer men would get the silly thought out of their heads that somehow ALL men want sex with other men. :rolleyes:

#16 B_DnegelasiyelraM, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  17. craig_uk

craig_uk Member

Albums:
    Even if you are both bi or gay I would suggest that you leave well alone and get your jollies elsewhere. The pair of you need to concentrate on your business and a sexual relationship is unlikely to be good for the long term success it.

18. MrToolhung

Gold Member

I think you are wishing that he is gay. Just because a guy does not talk about having a girlfriend it does not mean he is gay. Some guys choose to be very quiet about their personal life at work. I work in a company that has hundreds of gay men and women in it but I still don't talk about my personal life.

As others have mentioned don't do something that will jeopardize your business.

19. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

What company is that?

20. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Go back and read post #13. I wouldn't ever counsel jerryhall to take advantage of a work relationship, especially because he's his boss, but people do sometimes make friends with people they work with and have relationships with people they work with.

Draft saved Draft deleted