Account of a medical student

Media
I've been lurking on these boards for a long time, and finally have decided to post something. I am not large, I am just about average actually. But there is something about a large penis that turns me on, particularly the female response to them, and female discussion of them. So for my first post I offer you a true account of recent exchanges regarding a large penis with a girl.

I'm a 2nd year medical student, and as part of our 2nd year curriculum, we have to learn how to perform our first genital exams. Well, there are actually "professional patients" who get paid to be examined by medical students. Well, there was a male patient who we all examined, and while he wasn't as large as most of the contributors to this board, he was about 5' soft, with enormous balls. I had performed the exam the day before two of my close female friends (I am straight and engaged by the way), and sure enough they asked me about how it went. Seeing this as an opportunity, I furtively tried to get them both to bring it up. I said "he is perfect for this job", and "he must be some kind of exhibitionist". Sure enough, one of them said "was he abnormally large", and I flat out told them I thought he was pretty damn big actually.

The next day they both did their exams, and I had 2 separate exchanges with them. The first one in describing her exam mentioned she "did not think he was abnormally large, but his balls were huge". This got me off because she must have been thinking to herself "if he thought this fake patient was large, he must not be packing much down there".

The 2nd girl brought up her exam and said she "had a crush on" the guy. He was about 32, in good shape, decent looking man. I said "man that guy had giant balls", and she responded "I know, but I do think he was a good size". I said to her "good size? you think? he was fucking huge". She didn't really seem to agree that strongly. Then she offered: "I felt so guilty and unethical, I couldn't stop staring" and "I was wondering what all the guys were thinking, comparing themselves to him, thinking, I'm bigger than him, or I'm smaller than him". As soon as she left my apartment I jerked off. It did not take long.

Yes this is a 100% true story, but as a caveat, I must say that having this discussion, and bringing it up here is somewhat unethical. While the man was not a REAL patient, nor have I mentioned a name, it is still probably unethical. So if you ever hear of stories about a physician pulling something, or making a comment about a man's penis, it is probably false, as that is COMPLETELY unethical. I'm sure there are physicians here on this board that would verify this.

Reactions: satyr

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What do you actually do in a genital exam? Never had one as part of a routine physical other than the turn and cough hernia check.

Media
For the male exam, we check the pubic region and hair, surrounding lymph nodes, glans of penis, milk shaft for discharge (for STD), inspection of urethral meatus (the opening), palpation of urethra, then palpation from top to bottom on all sides of the penis for potential cancerous/benign growths.

Then we examine the scrotum, palpate all sides of both testicles, then palpate spermatic cord/artery/vein/nerve, vas deferens, and epididymis. That's it for the scrotal exam.

The final part of the exam is for hernias. Inguinal direct, inguinal indirect, and femoral hernias. The inguinal direct is felt in the abdominal wall, the inguinal indirect is through the inguinal ring (which is felt through the scrotum), and the femoral is felt inside the thigh.

That is the entire male genital exam, which is not necessarily performed on every male patient.

B_Veronica_Divine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
For the male exam, we check the pubic region and hair, surrounding lymph nodes, glans of penis, milk shaft for discharge (for STD), inspection of urethral meatus (the opening), palpation of urethra, then palpation from top to bottom on all sides of the penis for potential cancerous/benign growths.

Then we examine the scrotum, palpate all sides of both testicles, then palpate spermatic cord/artery/vein/nerve, vas deferens, and epididymis. That's it for the scrotal exam.

The final part of the exam is for hernias. Inguinal direct, inguinal indirect, and femoral hernias. The inguinal direct is felt in the abdominal wall, the inguinal indirect is through the inguinal ring (which is felt through the scrotum), and the femoral is felt inside the thigh.

That is the entire male genital exam, which is not necessarily performed on every male patient.

Wait, the latin for the cumslit is MEATUS? *cackles madly*

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Interesting story. Just goes to show you that most people probably have no clue whether a soft cock is larger than average or not...unless they've done a lot of genital exams...and still there's no way to really know what he's got unless he gets an erection (which I would suppose most men try to avoid during a medical exam).

Some people don't know that there are showers and growers.

One question I have for the OP: you mentioned you were very turned on by these discussions, but I don't really understand why. What was it about discussing this (fake) patient's size with the female students that made you aroused? Just curious. :wink:

Media
Interesting story. Just goes to show you that most people probably have no clue whether a soft cock is larger than average or not...unless they've done a lot of genital exams...and still there's no way to really know what he's got unless he gets an erection (which I would suppose most men try to avoid during a medical exam).

Some people don't know that there are showers and growers.

One question I have for the OP: you mentioned you were very turned on by these discussions, but I don't really understand why. What was it about discussing this (fake) patient's size with the female students that made you aroused? Just curious. :wink:

I'm not really sure what it is that turns me on, I think it's just hearing women talk about, and me knowing that they think about large penises(hence my participation at lpsg). In these particular discussions, it was just the fact that they were thinking and talking about this guys big dick, mine, and comparing them. Also, the same thing that you brought up . . . considering it was our first genital exam, and I know for a fact that these girls haven't slept with lots of guys, I wonder what they thought about seeing him soft, and if they even understand that there are growers and showers (which I didn't really know until internet perusal). And that they probably compared this guys dick to every other guy they have ever seen.

The strange thing about this is that my fiance doesn't really know that this sort of thing turns me on. We have great sex as it is, and I don't want to mess with it, even though it would turn me on a lot. I know that just by the type of person she is, she would think that her having an interest in a large penis would make me feel insecure, jealous, and upset(though I definitely think it would not, but this not a chance I'm willing to take).

How about the fact that there are companies that employ "professional genital patients". That to me was an interesting concept in and of itself. Unfortunately for the male (and he certainly voiced his displeasure), he also had to have about 60 prostate exams in 3 days. Similarly, the two female patients had to have 30 pelvic exams in 3 days, and if you are a female, I'm sure you can't even imagine a speculum inserted into your vagina 30 times. Fortunately for all of our fake patients, the lube contained lidocaine, so his anus and their vaginas were completely numb, haha.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

:eek: I'm in the UK. I'm still reeling at the implications of "not necessarily performed on every male patient". This implies that some sort of genital exam by a physician in the US is reasonably common. Such is virtually unknown in the UK. The NHS general practitioner has exceptionally short appointment times for patients who are actually ill (an emergency appointment is usually 5 mins, with doctors seeing 12 patients in an hour, so in the few minutes you are in the room there is just time to tell the patient to go home and take an aspirin) while medicals for the well are just about unknown (you might get a nurse to check blood pressure). Private check ups (which aren't all that common in the UK) still skimp on the genital area - my last private medical covered the matter with the question "is everything all right down there?" :redface:

danjs584

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:eek: I'm in the UK. I'm still reeling at the implications of "not necessarily performed on every male patient". This implies that some sort of genital exam by a physician in the US is reasonably common. Such is virtually unknown in the UK. The NHS general practitioner has exceptionally short appointment times for patients who are actually ill (an emergency appointment is usually 5 mins, with doctors seeing 12 patients in an hour, so in the few minutes you are in the room there is just time to tell the patient to go home and take an aspirin) while medicals for the well are just about unknown (you might get a nurse to check blood pressure). Private check ups (which aren't all that common in the UK) still skimp on the genital area - my last private medical covered the matter with the question "is everything all right down there?" :redface:

I don't think that type of exam in the US is that common. I have had many doctors and none have ever given me that extensive of an exam. There definitely was not any inspection of my penis. The only inspection was a quick check of the testicles for lumps and the cough thing for the hernia I guess. I think that med schools are not being more thorough in teaching their students which is why this thorough of an exam is being taught. Most of the older doctors seem not to care as much. Anyone can feel free to let me know if I'm wrong though since this is just based on my experience.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think that type of exam in the US is that common. I have had many doctors and none have ever given me that extensive of an exam. There definitely was not any inspection of my penis. The only inspection was a quick check of the testicles for lumps and the cough thing for the hernia I guess. I think that med schools are not being more thorough in teaching their students which is why this thorough of an exam is being taught. Most of the older doctors seem not to care as much. Anyone can feel free to let me know if I'm wrong though since this is just based on my experience.

I agree. This has been my experience too. They don't even do the prostate check as part of a DOT physical anymore. They do still check for hernias.

Media

It all depends on what the exam is being peformed for, the age of the patient, the setting (hospital/clinic/etc.). Generally, for a checkup of a healthy male, a full genital exam need not be performed. For a man over 55 or so, a prostate exam is suggested annually. For a younger male (20-50), testicular exam is recommended, but not always standard protocol at a checkup. If a patient shows signs and symptoms of an STD, they entire exam will be done. Some jobs or schools or teams require a full physical exam, which is SUPPOSED to include the entire genital exam, but not all physicians will do this. The physical exam is generally always an abbreviated version, unless it needs to be focused if a patient presents with a condition (i.e. a genital exam for an STD patient, or in a patient with a family history of cancer).

As far as NHS is concerned, the American media and academia only want to highlight what's good about NHS and what is bad about the American system. Clearly there is a happy medium between the two systems, but the anti-American media will never let you hear that.

Media

Well, if you met any of the risk factors for a genital problem or report a condition involving that may have genital involvement (family history of cancer, previously diagnosed congenital abnormality, urinary tract infection, STD, testicular torsion, elevated prostate markers, etc.), then the exam will be more thorough, otherwise it is a waste of time. But the most important thing for a young-middle aged male is the risk for testicular cancer and hernia, both of which you report were checked. Any other new findings would be EXTREMELY rare, as penile cancer has a miniscule incidence, and most other abnormalities would be diagnosed well before a routine physical.

It's simply not a matter of the education, but more a matter of practicality, and how the practice of medicine has changed. Today, we let history, presentation, lab results, and imaging direct us, as opposed to the traditional days of doing a complete physical exam, and having that lead us. So we are taught that we are supposed to treat patients in a "patient centered" style, rather than a "doctor centered".

Media
Same here. Just had one not too long ago. And I've also had my PSA (prostate-specific antigen) checked yearly since my late 30's.

That's very smart, particularly if you have a cancer history in your family. PSA standing alone is not incredibly useful, but when looking at it over time, it can be a good diagnostic indicator for a malignancy risk. So starting early will make the diagnosis much more easy for your physician.