Accurate Measurements

Malise

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi, I am new here. I'm posting here because my boyfriend is quite hung and haha, none of my friends are able to give me much advice beyond 'omg give him to me when you are done'. :)

Anyway, I was wondering exactly what is the most accurate way to measure is - from the top, side or under? From the top he is just under 8 inches, from the side close to 8.5, and I don't even wanna think about his measurement from underneath...and is 6 inches around. I've been going by the side measurement as a middle ground, since it seems a more accurate measurement of 'how much of it actually gets into me'. :biggrin1:

I am just curious what other people consider an accurate measurement? And with a curved cock...measure a straight line or along the curve?

I can deepthroat this man but bejeezuz my eyes water when I do it and I end up with a sore throat. Tips on reducing gag reflex would be appreciated.

Awesum9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The standard way to measure is along the top for length and around the middle of the shaft for girth. This method is used by all penis surveys.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
The standard way to measure is along the top for length and around the middle of the shaft for girth. This method is used by all penis surveys.
I'd agree with that except it is more useful to use the maximum girth wherever it is situated along the penis and not just measure in the middle.

Penises come in all shapes but when buying condoms the biggest girth should be known to avoid buying those restrictive tight ones that turn your cock purple!

I think that the best way to measure a curved one is to use a tape measure and make sure it follows the shape of the top of the penis.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I recall, some surveys took an average measurement of base/middle/head for girth.

vancouvergirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

In addition to being the standard way, i would think it would be simply common sense.

I've never understood why anyone would even *think* that measuring the underside would be acceptable. Other than for falsely padding your measurement that is. Just where is one supposed to stop the measuring tape under there? It's totally subjective.

*shrug*

Aplus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've been going by the side measurement as a middle ground, since it seems a more accurate measurement of 'how much of it actually gets into me'. :biggrin1:

I used to think that, but it seems our balls get in the way. I think the top measurement is probably the most accurate combined with the girth measured at it's widest spot.

AlbertCunning

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In addition to being the standard way, i would think it would be simply common sense.

I've never understood why anyone would even *think* that measuring the underside would be acceptable. Other than for falsely padding your measurement that is. Just where is one supposed to stop the measuring tape under there? It's totally subjective.

*shrug*

As I've stated on numerous occasions, the standard way of measuring -- i.e. topside -- benefits those with downward curves.

The only thing which makes it common sense, is the fact that there is something to measure from -- the pubic bone.
And it is quite a weighty argument, admittedly.

If I had the 'fortune' of having the exact opposite curve, my measurement would be about an inch bigger, although the actual size would still be the same.
And the potential penetrative length(oh, that sounds like a good song-title, doesn't it?) wouldn't change either as far as I can see.

But of course, I wouldn't want a different curve just because I numerically would benefit from it.
It's really not THAT important.
Besides, for my money, penises are supposed to curve slightly upwards.

lacuna22

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In addition to being the standard way, i would think it would be simply common sense. I've never understood why anyone would even *think* that measuring the underside would be acceptable. Other than for falsely padding your measurement that is. Just where is one supposed to stop the measuring tape under there? It's totally subjective.

"common sense" tells me that you follow the rules of geometry. measure along the top from the base if they curve downward, and measure along the bottom from the base if they curve upward. measure from any side for a straight one. simple, isn't it?

and please, there's never been a scientifically credible or "standard" gathering of size data. even kinsey and masters & johnson relied on anecdotal evidence at best.

this is all so parochial, anyway, because cock size is relative to so many variables. no one cock is ever exactly the same size even at full arousal. and just like two women with the same cup size can look vastly different, two men of 'alleged' similar measurement can feel totally different inside of you because of shape, curve, position, technique etc.

nismosimo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can deepthroat this man but bejeezuz my eyes water when I do it and I end up with a sore throat. Tips on reducing gag reflex would be appreciated.

First, relax... take out the video camera and film it for us to observe.
Next, come practice on me, I'm more of a hand's on teacher. j/k but we would all like to see it for real.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I know from the top I am just over 6", from the side just over 6.5" and from the bottom something like 7". According to scientific surveys, I'm 6". A more "real world" answer for my size would be "about 6 or 7 inches" (since lots of men and women don't know where to measure and have skewed views on endowment).

Basically, sounds like your boyfriend is a true 8" (more or less) and is well above average. You *could* get away with saying he's like "about 9" though, just like I can get away with saying I'm "not too far from 7" with my own size. Like 2 out 3 guys are 5 1/2" to 6 1/2", then out of that remaining 1/3 is very large or very small. Anything above like 6 3/4" in length is considered undoubtedly big. Your boyfriend is just about 8". Consider yourself lucky to bag a guy with a big dick, I guess.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*shrug*
A few years ago in the U.S. there was a group of large penis fans called The Well Hung Jury (there's an old thread about them somewhere on here).They were featured on a Jonathan Ross tv show and the woman who did the measuring always measured the underside.
It just gave the average guys a confidence boost I suppose.