Acetaminophen content law changes

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by arkfarmbear, Jan 14, 2011.

1. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

The FDA is phasing in new rules that will restrict the acetaminophen content in pain medications that also contain some version of codeine. Each tablet will be restricted to 325 mg, which is a huge reduction!
    It is ironic that the most dangerous part of these controversial drugs is not the highly restricted portion but the compound that is available by the truck load!

2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm glad to hear this! I've got chronic long-term back and siatic pain, and often have to use narcotic pain medicine. After taking Lorcet 10/500 for over a year, I finally wised up and asked for something with a lower acetaminophen dosage, because I get scared about the condition of my liver (due to the fact that I have been on a drug that has proven to cause severe-terminally fatal liver damage). Not only was the new narcotic pain med (Norco 10-325) more potent, it also lasted longer.

3. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I take Panadeine Forte (30/500) at the moment. I've always sort of viewed panadol (acetaminophen) as an ultra safe drug compared to most others, but maybe it's time I had another look at it.

4. dude_007

Gold Member

Ya,it is most likely because ppl take a couple pills a few times a day. Well, that becomes a problem when the tylenol is 500mg per pill and ends up being a few grams per day and can be toxic to the liver in high doses like that.

5. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I'm not allowed to take paracetamol because it interferes with my Epilepsy meds, so for most severe pain (like the Migraines I get) I've used Ibuprofen and Codeine 200/12 for years now.

Draft saved Draft deleted