Acid attack man - what would you do?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
What a mixed response! It echoes my own feelings.

Here's a little more information...

An Eye for an Eye: Iran's Blinding Justice System - TIME

What is the appropriate punishment if not an eye for an eye then? I cannot help but admit that my first reaction, should it happen to any woman that I knew, would be to kill the guy, regardless of any consequences for myself. Thankfully, for most of us, time, access & proximity, prevent us acting maniacally.

However, it's the sheer, senseless, evil of this crime that provokes such strong reactions. He's ruined not only a beautiful face, but destroyed the career of someone who could only have advanced the standing of women in her country.

A similar attack happened in the UK, when Katie Piper, a small time TV presenter & model, was disfigured, & blinded in one eye following a "hit", by a friend of a stalker turned boyfriend, who had raped & brutalised her.

The 2 men received minimum sentences of only 16, & 12 years respectively.

Katie Piper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It doesn't seem enough, does it?

If retribution should not take the form of physical harm, then surely any incarceration should carry with it some kind of intensive labour (or whatever) that confronts offenders daily with their crime, & promotes, or produces some form of social good.

And if they refuse to do that...starve those sick fuckers - they made their choice. There are certain crimes that are just too abhorrent not to necessitate a more severe type of custody, surely? It's important that people are seen to pay for the worst types of crime.
What would such a thing solve?

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Punishment is supposed to be a warning to other people intending on committing the same crime. You can't "solve" something that has already happened. You can make an example out of the perpetrator though.

The minute someone doesn't fear the consequences of a crime, is the minute that the law becomes ineffective.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
What would such a thing solve?

Is that metaphysical? What does jail solve? What does anything solve? What's the point of anything?:rolleyes:

It'll cost the taxpayer $1 million to keep those UK guys incarcerated. It's all pointless if they do it again, & for one of the guys, it was the second time he'd done it.

Last edited:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Is that metaphysical? What does jail solve? What does anything solve? What's the point of anything?:rolleyes:

It'll cost the taxpayer $1 million to keep those UK guys incarcerated. It's all pointless if they do it again, & for one of the guys, it was the second time he'd done it.
I'm asking what blinding a person with acid solves. What is that problem that is cured by punishing one act of brutality with another?

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
7 years ago, a beautiful Iranian woman had acid thrown over her by a suitor she refused to marry.

She is now blind & disfigured, has refused "blood" money, & has demanded, literally, an eye for an eye.

Acid blinding sentence postponed by Iran after international outcry | World news | guardian.co.uk

What do you think of this, & what would you do in her situation?

I think making the guy a pariah in his own country would have been more effective than blinding him, but I understand the desire for revenge -- it's human nature.

Of course, by demanding the 'eye-for-an-eye' punishment, this woman has probably sunk her chances at a Lifetime movie.

I understand this morning that the punishment has been postponed, however.