Acne Regimen I happened upon

HungInSC

Just Browsing
Media
Just thought I'd share just because of how well this worked... in about 4 weeks I went from having moderate acne to nearly completely clear skin .... just so excited I thought I'd share:

...and just so you know I'm not an expert but I did work out this plan with my dermo

First things first:
You'll need a perscription of Retin-A 0.1% -- if you go to a dermatologist and ask for it they should give it to you - its a topical cream thats not dangerous or a controlled substance or anything.

Go out and get Neutrogena "On-the-Spot" 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide - this is very important... NOT 10%!!! My dermo told me that by using that I'm taking say a step and a half forwards but 1 backwards because it irritates the skin a great deal. The 2.5% works VERY well and this is just my favorite brand. Also get the Neutrogena Acne Wash that has Salicylic Acid in it... this works very well... it comes in a big tube. And lastly you need to pick up "Nivea Visage" gel face wash - it comes in hard metal tube... not sure what it's called in English because mine are in French...

This regimen starts at night:
Take a shower and stay in a good 10 minutes to steam open your pores. While in the shower wash your face with the Neutrogena face wash. After the shower dry your face and wait 15 minutes or so and then apply a thin layer of Retin-A all over your face.

Morning:
Wash your face with the Neutrogena product (better if its in the shower) again and if possible wait ~10 minutes before liberally applying Benzoyl Peroxide to all affected areas of your face. The Neutrogena brand vanishes.

Afternoon: Around 3pm I like to wash off the BP and condition my face with the Nivea wash which is very good for it. I rinse off the BP initially with just water and then use the Nivea wash. The wash deep cleans pores and restores your face which is important because BP isn't the best thing for your skin.

Important notes:
-do NOT wash your face more than 3 times a day --- not good for your skin
-if your face gets super dried out - try doing retin-a one day and BP the next and if it still is try even less frequently

Let me know how you guys fare...