Acne!

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, I take after my father, who had really bad acne as a teenager and even into his early 20s. Though I just dont wanna wait until Im 21 or 22 for it to die down. I've been using a "Daily Face Cleanser" for a while and it really doesn't appear to help in the least, so yesturday I goto the doctor and get some Acne medication, "Doxycycline" I take a 100mg capsule once a day. I also bought some "Zapzyt" bar non-soap soap, its basically acne medication in the form of a bar you use in the shower. I'm trying hard because I have facial acne, which is pretty bad, and backne, which is acne on the back, which is really pretty bad.

Has anyone had, or still has, this problem? What did you use to remedy it? And what are maybe some techniques I can use to clear up my skin?

Thanks in Advanced,

Anzalone

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here's my family experience with acne:

My mother's brother had a tough time with acne when he was in his teens. He went to dermatologist after dermatologist and truly sought out relief from what he thought of as an inevitable curse.

Eventually it was determined that some acne was caused by a low grade infection (as he was told his was) and he was put on tetracycline (sp?) which immediately cleared up the entire issue.

It was an elixir for him.

Hope this is helpful.

Sandalman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had moderate acne for most of the last 8 years, due to vigorous workout regimens and normal hormonal imbalances... I've found that Proactiv solution really worked for me, and I know at least 5 or 6 other people who also swear by it. I know that all these celebrities endorse it and makes it look like a scam, but I can't argue with the results...

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Has anyone had, or still has, this problem? What did you use to remedy it? And what are maybe some techniques I can use to clear up my skin?
Thanks in Advanced,

This was a real challenge for me, and some mates at school. I started to wonder if all guys with big dicks had acne. LOL

I found found that washes, and many medications were often too harsh, as I have really soft hyper-sensitive skin, and a few alleries as well. They would send my sebaceous glands into overdrive.

The Dermalogica range of products, and a regular skin care regime, plus lots of sleep, and water to drink, help a lot. I am not a fan of antibiotics long term, but they can really help some people.

The impact on your mental well being can also be significant, so if you are worried do seek help, and persist until you get it. There has been some good new research on this aspect of acne. It used to be accepted as a teen guy problem, and treated in the wrong way, in my view by the medical profession. It needs to be taken seriously, good luck with finding the solutions that will help you.

I am forty now, and I should warn you that hair loss is something new to worry about! Luckily I am doing ok but some of my mates haven't done so well.:wink:

GeorgeTSLC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
My mother's brother . . . was put on tetracycline (sp?) which immediately cleared up the entire issue.
Yep, that's the right spelling. It's an antibiotic.
At age 59, I'm on a daily low dose of it for MY acne. It doesn't prevent all pimples, but it does seem to prevent the kind I used to have that would grow for days, aching slightly-but-noticeably the whole time, and refuse to be broken for relief until they were damned good and ready.
Yeah, too much information, I know--unless it matters to you.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Have you had a blood test for the testosterone level in your blood? Acne has returned to me in a minor form since I have been on testosterone therapy. Guys with a large penis and testicles usually have a high testosterone blood count.:confused:

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
i just waited for it to go away. i've always had a pretty crappy complexion, and during my early teens my face, neck and shoulders erupted into a festering minefield of angry pustules. however, my experience of the medical profession, and of cosmetically-based medicine in particular, long ago warned me off trying to interfere with it. i still get the odd zit now and again, but i guess them's the breaks.

honestly though, it was never a significant problem for me - maybe i was just lucky, but i met very few people who cared or even seemed to notice, and the ones who did were so clearly insecure and worthless anyways that it didn't bother me.

safetyfirst

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Anzalone said:
Though I just dont wanna wait until Im 21 or 22 for it to die down.

Don't count on it. I'm 23 and still get acne. Some people have acne their entire lives, man.

Also, there's "acne" and then there's stuff that looks like acne. That's why some products work for getting rid of some of it and not the rest. Try ProActive. They sell it in stores now and it gets rid of most skin issues you may have that aren't, by deifnition, "acne."

asmith77024

Just Browsing
Media
In the United States, the prescription medication known as ACCUTANE (oral tables) will permanently resolve acne.

I had acne since middle school through college. My doc first put me on an oral antibiotic, which helped in the short-term, but not long-term. He finally precribed a 2-month course of ACCUTANE. Within 6 weeks, I was completely clear and have been ever since. That was nearly nine years ago.

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the help, I'll take it all in, and check it all out. I dont mind what ppl think, i really could give a fuck what ppl think about my complexion, but my acne gives me severeal of the fore mentioned achings, my face is stiff and hurts to move, and my face is often dried out and cracks in small spots(due to the overdrying soaps and acne cleansers) And I'm not saying it will go away at age 22 or so, but thats how t happened with my father, and i take after him more than anyone.

Thanks for the input guys!

Swimbackboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I use tetracyclne. It worked best for me. I was using some lotion before, which helped but not as much as this. Plus, I find it much easier to take a few pills a day then to mess with a lotion. The nice thing about tetracyclne (or however u spell it) too is that its not hard core like some medicines where you have to get liver tests done every so often. Of course, it may not cure/help serious acne...but if yours is moderate like mine was...it did the trick for me. I've seen people who didn't get much relief from it...but it worked great for me.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anzalone said:
Though I just dont wanna wait until Im 21 or 22 for it to die down.

I'm more than twice your age, and it's still a problem. It not only looks bad, but it's painful.

Tetracycline keeps me from looking like I have smallpox, but the acne never goes entirely away. Sometimes during a severe bout a doctor will put me on erythromycin, which helps for a while, but that soon stops working and I go back to the tetracycline.

I've seen some genuinely horrible cases, though, far worse than mine, so I'm not really qualified to grouse.

D_Cliebert_Chodechoker

Experimental Member
Media
HEY BRO!

Ok i had terrible acne for a long time to man, on my back chest and face i had what are called "cists". i took accutane it came back i did everything the dermetoligist said and i still broke out.

HEres what i have come to conclude man. Ok your still younge so your oil glans are goin crazy. u have to battle that, but dont do it with pills man.

I use Dove exfoliating bodywash, and have a good scrubber that u can buy at anywalmart. ok scrub your body with that first in the shower, your face also. next i take Dial soap the bar kind and wash my body with that, and my face also. Once im out of the shower and dried off i use regular old alcohol, a cotton ball and use that on my face, and have my mom put it on my back. This will help with fading scars you have, and should dry your skin out a lil. Also ui would be surprised at how much oil and dirt is on your skin even after u shower. After that ill put on baby powder on my back and chest to keep things dry. I would shower twice a day and do this both times once when u wake up and once a few hours before bed.

Ok about the alcohol u can buy it at any walgreens or walmart of CVS or what ever pharmacy store u have by u. first try the 70 proof and if that isnt working the way u like move up to the 91 proof thats as high as it goes and it says dont use it for longer than a week bc it will dry u out to much, but i have been using it for months now, and it is helping, THANK GOD FOR IT! ALSO another great product i recommend is proactive has a face mask, its called "refining mask" put this on your face nighty it will help keep u dry also. Just ask your parents about it and call up the ifomercial and say i would like to purchase the refining mask. If u had acne as bad as i did u will need it.

Also tips to help prevent breakouts. If you workout or are active try n get a shower ASAP after the activity dont EVER let the sweat sit on u its only clogging your pores. Also try n keep your facial hair short as possible, i tend to break out more the longer my facial hair is, i think more oil builds up around it. Meaning if you have a beard ok keep your beard, but stay clean shaven as much as possible,on all other areas of your face.

Hope i elped bro, i really think u should give this a try man, it really might help u im 20 now and i still do it bc i just have oily skin, and this, thank God, helps control it, and i truley hope it helps u i know what its like to have bad skin, and i hope yours clears up bro!

Godbless
Ben

barryr2002

Experimental Member
Media
howaya! ive been on every treatment/drug/cream etc. and found none of them to work! but i changed dermatologist and cleared up after about 5 months.... bascially now in the mornings i use a non irritating cleasner(without water it aggrivates the pores) an then stick on a oil free sunblock moisturiser! afternoon put on something to kill the bacteria, and a stronger wash! and at night gentle wash again and then odd nites something to moisturise an other nights a topical roccatutane substitute! ....closes the pores so bacteria cant get in!!!! ur man aboves technique seems a bit too severe for me i think! but its basic enough i think, avoid washing ur face with water anyway...doesnt cut through oil and just aggrivates, an avoid steam, it opens the pores and causes bacteria to get in!
..........you should see a good dermatologist tho!

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anzalone said:
Ok, I take after my father, who had really bad acne as a teenager and even into his early 20s. Though I just dont wanna wait until Im 21 or 22 for it to die down. I've been using a "Daily Face Cleanser" for a while and it really doesn't appear to help in the least, so yesturday I goto the doctor and get some Acne medication, "Doxycycline" I take a 100mg capsule once a day. I also bought some "Zapzyt" bar non-soap soap, its basically acne medication in the form of a bar you use in the shower. I'm trying hard because I have facial acne, which is pretty bad, and backne, which is acne on the back, which is really pretty bad.

Thanks in Advanced,

Anzalone

acne as severe as yours sounds like its bacterial overgrowth. Yes the vast majority of acne is bacterial overgrowth, but yours sounds like propionobacterium. I'm not a big fan of prescribing low dose antibiotics for long periods of time. Doxycycline most likley would work as good as tetra but i still personally think its kinda throwin gas near a fire. There are topical antibiotics such as clinidamycin creams that work great and youre not ingesting the antibiotic and only small amounts get into your blood. Most people see results with chronic low drying out of the skin.....which is why a lot of swimmers dont get acne bc the chlorine chronically dries out the skin, removes the medium for bacteria to grow. Unfortunately for you its also hormonal.....it will clear up with time. If one dermatologist doesnt work go see another

diego

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
pollitt1985 said:
A friend of mine (i luckily wasnt cursed by acne) was put onto Roaccutane and that cleared his skin completely but there are some major side effects that could happen. Have a look at this website. http://www.tiscali.co.uk/lifestyle/healthfitness/health_advice/netdoctor/archive/100002288.html

Dude this medicine is a miracle, it's the ONLY efective treatment . I used it 2 years ago for 6 months and i never had one zip again. "Isotretinoin is likely to make your skin and lips very dry" it's true, my skin's lips was always descamated.
"Isotretinoin causes major birth defects " if your a women just don't forget you pills and condom. "This medicine may cause depression, anxiety, mood changes, psychotic symptoms and rarely suicide attempts" i am a depressed and aciclotimy guy, took this pills and i am here to tell my story.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
my experience with acne is most bogus. i didn't get it until i was almost 19 years old, and i still have a bit to this day. i started on proactiv, and it's starting to clear up. my aunt is a licensed estatition (i fucked up the word, basically, a beautician who deals in skin) and she said i should combine that with nature's cure, which are an OTC pill.

EDIT i forgot to comment on tetracycline. it's a good drug and all, but there's a huge problem. well, not huge, but big enough. my mom takes it for her rosacia. thing is, those pills make you wanna puke. i took one once, and i did puke.