Acne!

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
chrisndenv said:
Hello, Proactive? Works for Puff, La Lohan, Boobs-for-days-Simpson and a few D listers.

yah, i'd swear by it if i got paid too! i dunno yet though, i've been on it for about a month now. now, the redness is away, but like, look at my pics in my gallery (i should have osme face pics)

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Anzalone said:
Ok, I take after my father, who had really bad acne as a teenager and even into his early 20s. Though I just dont wanna wait until Im 21 or 22 for it to die down. I've been using a "Daily Face Cleanser" for a while and it really doesn't appear to help in the least, so yesturday I goto the doctor and get some Acne medication, "Doxycycline" I take a 100mg capsule once a day. I also bought some "Zapzyt" bar non-soap soap, its basically acne medication in the form of a bar you use in the shower. I'm trying hard because I have facial acne, which is pretty bad, and backne, which is acne on the back, which is really pretty bad.

Has anyone had, or still has, this problem? What did you use to remedy it? And what are maybe some techniques I can use to clear up my skin?

Thanks in Advanced,

Are you in your teens ?
Acne can linger on till your forties or fifties unless aggressively treated. Scarring is a major worry !
Oral doses of minocin, triple tetracycline, etc can help but the ttreatment is long term.
A crumb of comfort, now I am almost fifty, I have no lines or wrinkles and my skin is better than most of my contemporaries who rerally look "their age".
I would see a dermatologist forthwith....

GeorgeTSLC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
surferboy said:
my aunt is a licensed estatition (i fucked up the word, basically, a beautician who deals in skin) and she said i should combine that with nature's cure, which are an OTC pill.
For anybody who cares (and can't guess), that's presumably "esthetician"--or "aesthetician." I would have thought the latter was mostly British Commonwealth, but it turns out to have specific meanings by law and regulation in the U.S.; I haven't completely followed up on my Googling, but that much is pretty clear just looking at the displays. (I've set mine for 100 hits, which usually gives a better picture than just the default 10.) For just one example, in Wisconsin the term is defined as (essentially) "dealing in skin": http://drl.wi.gov/prof/aest/def.htm
surferboy said:
EDIT i forgot to comment on tetracycline. it's a good drug and all, but there's a huge problem. well, not huge, but big enough. my mom takes it for her rosacia. thing is, those pills make you wanna puke. i took one once, and i did puke.
YMMV, of course, as with any side effect. My family's stomachs are virtually never upset by drugs that warn of that side effect.