ACOG Up to Dirty Tricks

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Principessa, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

ACOG Up to Dirty Tricks

This is most disturbing! Falsifying scientific data is not new. :mad: This wrong information can have an adverse effect on births nationwide. Personally, I have no desire to give birth at home with the neighbors watching. :no: However, if that's your schtick more power to you. A medical cartel like ACOG should not prevent you from doing that.

2. Ed69

Gold Member

One of my sisters had all four of her children at home with no complications.

And none of the neighbors ever got to watch!

It does not surprise me that the medical community feels a threat to their pocketbook.

3. dolfette

Gold Member

glad to be a brit!

i had mine in hospital, just my partner & a midwife in the room with me and doctors only a button push away. i felt safe and unpressured, did it my own way, coped just fine.
    turning it into a medical procedure unnecessarily just stresses the mother, which stresses the baby and makes complications more likely.

4. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i am living proof of someone who was born at home (my mom thought she had to pee but her water broke and i popped out minutes later) and i'm as healthy as can be.

5. D_Chesty_Pecjiggle

D_Chesty_Pecjiggle Account Disabled

I agree that this behavior isn't right.

But as soon as there is a complication at home with a midwife who will these parents be running to? The OBGYN.

6. Ed69

Gold Member

A pocket protector in full bloom.

7. dolfette

Gold Member

i had mine safely in hospital, with just a midwife, with a doc just a buzzer away.

my youngest was 10lb 12oz.
    a lot of obgyns over there would insist routine c section was the best option. a week in hospital, infection risk, scarring, complications.
    as it was i walked out the same day, carrying my baby, no tearing, ready to settle in at home with my child.

there needs to be some middle ground...cozy, comfy rooms. a midwife you know and trust. high tech ready to swoop in if there's an emergency, but nature allowed to take it's course until then.

8. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We have places like that here in America. They are generally called birthing centers. It's basically just you, any family you want and a midwife. You can do anything you want during labor to make yourself comfortable....and if anything should happen to go wrong then they have a Dr. and medical staff available to provide any necessary treatment. One of the ones we have in Nashville is actually connected to the hospital by a breezeway of sorts so that if something unexpected should happen they just wheel you across it into the maternity floor of the hospital.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

yeah, there's no need to freak mothers out by turning into some high tech medical procedure that they feel powerless over.

every woman without complications should be able to have that experience. it should be the norm.

10. stamrod

stamrod New Member

Albums:
    Whenever there's lots of money involved, morality and common sense often go out the window.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

:frown1: Sad but true. :yup:

12. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    This is because more and more women are giving birth at home rather than at the hospital because you have absolutely no right to go after Doctors for malpractice anymore. But hey, you people wanted tort reform, now you got it. Deal with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted