ACORN at its best!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Excuse me? If im black...I should know.... Who the fuck are you to lecture me on this asshole? Are you Black? A low-life is a low-life. If black people come to mind when you hear the term then shame on you, you pig. Dont infer your bigotry on me.

So sayeth the anonymous forum entity who calls people (who just happen to be gay) a "sodomite" who is a cancer to his own race. STFU, idiot.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well, since the title of the thread is "Acorn at it's best" lets look at some of the accomplishments of this group of so-called "low lifes" that is made up of an organization of families, volunteer workers, and members numbering an estimated 400,000 (from Wikipedia):

"ACORN's priorities have included: better housing and wages for the poor, more community development investment from banks and governments, better public schools, and other social justice issues."

"ACORN investigates complaints against companies accused of predatory lending practices."

"ACORN and its affiliates advocate for affordable housing by urging the development, rehabilitation and establishment of housing trust funds at the local, state, and federal levels."

"Living wage ordinances require private businesses that do business with the government to pay their workers a wage that enables them to afford basic necessities. ACORN has helped pass local living wage laws in 15 cities..."

"ACORN pushes education reform usually in the form of organizing neighborhood groups and "community" or "ACORN schools". In Chicago, ACORN has advocated for a certified teacher to be in every classroom."

On the other hand, Acorn has had more than it's share of misdeeds among it's ranks (high and low) to their own discredit, much of which the organization has sought to root out and expose itself.

Add to that the fact that they are the target of right winged factions who are generally pissed because of Acorn's role in their massive voter registration efforts in the last election, to the point that they've resorted to setting up sting operations to lure some unscrupulous members of the nearly half a million members into illegal activity.

In the balance of their "best" (as per the title of the thread) against their worst, I would hardly think it qualifies the organization (on a whole) as a bunch of "low lifes".

As to the use of the term "low life" itself, most know it as a bigoted remark, whether it applies to minorities of a certain race, sexual persuasion, or social/economic status. And put in the context of the o.p.'s past remarks, those already cited and many more (and yes, I checked, just to make sure I didn't misconstrue the intent) I found the choice of words reprehensible (though not out of character).

One might characterize "liberals" or "conservatives" as generally having a particular mindset or following a particular ideology. And even that's a generalization though not based on those groups recognized historically as victims of discrimination.

Imo, bigoted characterizations of ANY minority (race, gender, sexuality, lack of income, religion, etc.) is offensive. And being a part of one of those groups does not absolve one of the offense, or make it any less objectionable.

It just makes it more asinine....in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
What the fuck difference does it make where it was and who else was in attendance? When i made that claim in an early post you called it, and i quote, a "bald-face untruth".

It makes a difference (to them) because OBAMA proved you were right. So that "bald-face untruth" turned out to be factual, as spoken by Emperor Obama himself. As I pointed out in other threads, even the polling numbers show more people agree with (i.e. OBEY) Obama and his mandates than understand what they actually are. Talk about blind devotion even in the face of a video clip proving your point.

Keep fighting the good fight. These clowns will lose in Congress in the mid-term elections.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Whats hillarious is, some of these tard liberals are so out of touch on here, they actually think the GOP wil lose more seats next november. Appearantly, they only read huff, and watch MSNBC. The dems loose 20+ seats next fall, easy.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
And again the ACORN story is buried at CNN and MSNBC. No wonder you retards are so liberal. You can get better news from a bubble gum machine.

Contrary to what you've stated, neither CNN nor MSNBC ignored the ACORN story of Sept. 2009::cool:

ACORN workers taped allegedly advising on prostitution, fraud – The CNN Wire - CNN.com Blogs

YouTube - Breaking News - MSNBC reports ACORN prostitute sting.

And here's the latest ACORN development for you to enjoy courtesy of MSNBC::smile:

3 ACORN workers cleared of wrongdoing - More politics- msnbc.com

Excerpt: "Mon., March. 1, 2010

NEW YORK - A prosecutor's office says it has found no criminal wrongdoing on the part of three employees of the community organizers group ACORN caught on video advising a couple posing as a prostitute and her boyfriend.
The Brooklyn district attorney's office said Monday that its five-month inquiry is over and that no criminal activity was found.

The videos were made by conservative activists Hannah Giles and James O'Keefe, who used a hidden camera on visits to offices of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now..."

I do hope that James O' Keefe doesn't choke on the bubble gum.:biggrin1:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It makes a difference (to them) because OBAMA proved you were right. So that "bald-face untruth" turned out to be factual, as spoken by Emperor Obama himself. As I pointed out in other threads, even the polling numbers show more people agree with (i.e. OBEY) Obama and his mandates than understand what they actually are. Talk about blind devotion even in the face of a video clip proving your point.

precisely

"... Among a nation so deeply divided by ethnicity and localism, and limited by a narrowness of perspective, building unity and consensus was perhaps the major challenge ...
The result was the "cult of personality," the deliberate fixation of individual dedication and loyalty on the all-powerful leader ..."

" ...A cult of personality arises when a country's leader uses mass media to create an idealized and heroic public image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise.[1] Cults of personality are often found in dictatorships. ..."

Stalin and the "Cult of Personality"

Cult of personality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

justasimpleguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I like this thread. The entire ACORN story was a complete fabrication. He didn't wear the pimp costume. They edited all the video. They dubbed it too. Breitbart will never release the full tapes because they will show nobody did anything wrong.

It was one of the ugliest bits of publicity I've ever seen from someone that young. How much racism and hatred of black people went into the whole exercise?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
precisely

" ...A cult of personality arises when a country's leader uses mass media to create an idealized and heroic public image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise.[1] Cults of personality are often found in dictatorships. ..."

Good citing from Wikipedia Herr 6666: "Mission accomplished!" :smile:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like this thread. The entire ACORN story was a complete fabrication. He didn't wear the pimp costume. They edited all the video. They dubbed it too. Breitbart will never release the full tapes because they will show nobody did anything wrong.

It was one of the ugliest bits of publicity I've ever seen from someone that young. How much racism and hatred of black people went into the whole exercise?

Who cares about that one incident.

It is a corrupted, despicable, fraudulent vote-stuffing machine for the Democratic Party.

They don't promote education on the issues. They don't care about involvement of the poor in politics.

They have one function: herd voters in at any cost. Beg, cheat or steal - just herd them into the precincts like cattle.

justasimpleguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
star, you know shit about ACORN. They were defrauded by people they sent out to register voters and reported it to the appropriate authorities. They aren't a political organization anyways. They just want affordable housing for poor people. They get people registered to vote because if people don't vote no one gives a fuck about them.

And as for "herding voters in" that sounds like an accurate description of the religious right. And they do beg, cheat and steal. Only they call it tithing.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Who cares about that one incident.

It is a corrupted, despicable, fraudulent vote-stuffing machine for the Democratic Party.

They don't promote education on the issues. They don't care about involvement of the poor in politics.

They have one function: herd voters in at any cost. Beg, cheat or steal - just herd them into the precincts like cattle.

iow, "They helped elect the wrong guy!"

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Funny how it's always the "wrong guy" when it's the one you don't like.
Funnier how someone is always "uneducated" when they don't draw the same conclusions as you on political issues.

And the funniest - that some people think this is still news.

There's only so many times you can insinuate that people who voted for Obama are stupid before people start to think you're just a bitter son of a bitch. Also, there's only so many indirect, character degrading references you can make to organizations whose primary focus is to provide any kind of aid to minorities before one thinks you're a bitter and bigoted son of a bitch. And considering that it's now 2010, more than a year after the election, the fact that anyone who harbors these ignorant beliefs are still crying crocodile tears over it further shows that you're a whiny, bigoted, bitter son of a bitch. Instead of looking at people who are different as being the problem, look at the people who share your characteristics, all 45% of them, and ask THEM why they voted for Obama as well? I'm sure they weren't rallied by ACORN, or served the same "unedumacated" nonsense as the people in the hood. None of their votes couldn't have been fraud since they weren't registered in the ghetto. Why don't we talk about them?

Or is scapegoating the minority vote just too damn easy for you? :rolleyes:
Even without ACORN, McCain would have lost. Be men and move the hell on.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Even without ACORN, McCain would have lost. Be men and move the hell on.

You are correct about this. Because Obama got the middle/center. Which now hates him.

But it doesn't change the fact that ACORN is repulsive in regards to their role in the elections.

They won't be near the force in the next election.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You are correct about this. Because Obama got the middle/center. Which now hates him.

A major exaggeration if I've ever saw one.
The real point for saying this is because if you do the math either way, Obama received the majority vote with every racial demographic except caucasians. Take away the Black, Latino, Asian, Native Indian or any other of these minority tallies and the result would be still the same.

Instead of blaming every outside source you can for the failure of McCain/Palin, why can't you look at their shortcomings? And here's a major one for you... why do Republicans have a problem winning a majority vote in every social minority group? Do you really want to continually advocate that somehow they made an "uneducated choice"? That's just a decorative way for saying they're stupid, and you can understand (I hope) why people would take offense to that more than a year later.

But it doesn't change the fact that ACORN is repulsive in regards to their role in the elections. They won't be near the force in the next election.

Until they are actually found guilty of something by law, all this speculating is just pure garbage. Period. You can stop insinuating that ACORN's only role was to "fix the vote" or to bring out more "unedumakated ghetto types" to your precious polls. You wonder why people find you to be bigoted? Here's ANOTHER prime example, star...

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A major exaggeration if I've ever saw one.
The real point for saying this is because if you do the math either way, Obama received the majority vote with every racial demographic except caucasians. Take away the Black, Latino, Asian, Native Indian or any other of these minority tallies and the result would be still the same.

I'm not exaggerating in any way. Obama got the independents and the majority of the middle/center. I think you misinterpreted my post.

Instead of blaming every outside source you can for the failure of McCain/Palin, why can't you look at their shortcomings?

Again, you misunderstood my post. Obama won easily; I'm not blaming anyone for the loss of McCain/Palin. They were not the better ticket at election time.

And here's a major one for you... why do Republicans have a problem winning a majority vote in every social minority group?

Because the leaders and points of influence in those groups are liberal and always vote Democrat. As I've proven in prior threads - in areas of poverty/low-income the Democrats remain in control for decades and longer - promising these people a better life - only never delivering on it. For lack of a better description, those people don't know any better. They don't understand it - and vote according to what the vocal people in the community tell them to do - or what their pastor tells them to do.

Do you really want to continually advocate that somehow they made an "uneducated choice"? That's just a decorative way for saying they're stupid, and you can understand (I hope) why people would take offense to that more than a year later.

I am not saying anyone is stupid. What I'm saying is this:

1. Obama wins that election regardless of the minority vote. And
2. ACORN is a fraudulent, unscrupulous smokescreen of a group that exists for no other REAL reason than to jam voting boxes with Democratic votes.

Number one, in 2008, was mutually exclusive to #2.

Until they are actually found guilty of something by law, all this speculating is just pure garbage. Period. You can stop insinuating that ACORN's only role was to "fix the vote" or to bring out more "unedumakated ghetto types" to your precious polls. You wonder why people find you to be bigoted? Here's ANOTHER prime example, star...[/QUOTE]

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Because the leaders and points of influence in those groups are liberal and always vote Democrat. As I've proven in prior threads - in areas of poverty/low-income the Democrats remain in control for decades and longer - promising these people a better life - only never delivering on it.

You ALWAYS find a way to mess it up, don't you?
Considering that you've never lived in a low income area, understand their struggles or what they're essentially striving for, making such a statement is really ignorant.

For lack of a better description, those people don't know any better.

And there you go calling them "stupid" again.
You just never learn, do you? :rolleyes: :mad:

They don't understand it - and vote according to what the vocal people in the community tell them to do - or what their pastor tells them to do.

The religious right don't vote in the ghetto. :rolleyes:

I am not saying anyone is stupid.

Stop sitting here and lying in my damn face, starinvestor. You don't have to type the word "stupid" in order to convey such a message. If you're going to blindly ignore the context of your own hateful and bitter messages, then you're not worthy to talk about this coherently with anyone.

What I'm saying is this:

1. Obama wins that election regardless of the minority vote. And
2. ACORN is a fraudulent, unscrupulous smokescreen of a group that exists for no other REAL reason than to jam voting boxes with Democratic votes.

Number one, in 2008, was mutually exclusive to #2.

Corrections:
1. If it wasn't for people like me pointing out the fact that Obama won regardless of minority votes, people like you and many others would continue to suggest that without black people he wouldn't have been successful. That nonsense started just days after the election was over in November 2008, and it's STILL haunting the Politics threads today in various forms.

2. ACORN was responsible for getting 1.3 million minorities to come out and vote in 2008. Were all of these votes "fraudulent" as you so ignorantly declare? Did they force all of these people to vote Obama? You somehow think that ACORN purposely told these people lies about McCain in order to sway their decisions?

In any election, there are bound to be room for error because nobody can control what a person is going to do or write once they're in the ballot box. But here are some statistics that further shatters your rhetoric to bits:

Of the 1.3 million voter registrations filed by the ACORN/Project Vote efforts in 2008: ACORN and elections - SourceWatch

450,000 were new registrations
450,000 were changes of address
20-25% (260,000-325,000) were duplicates
5% (65,000) were incomplete
1-1.5% (13,000-19,500) were fraudulent.

A mere drop in the bucket compared to the 66.8 Million that voted for Obama and the additional 58.3 million that voted for McCain. Election Center 2008 - Election Results & Politics News from CNN.com

Bitching about voter fraud is disingenuous here. You can stop the charade and just admit that you think minority voters are stupid for not seeing things your way. Because once you look at the numbers and read through your so-called articulate declarations of the "uneducated", that's all it adds up to.

Last edited: