ACORN at its best!

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not exaggerating in any way. Obama got the independents and the majority of the middle/center. I think you misinterpreted my post.

Again, you misunderstood my post. Obama won easily; I'm not blaming anyone for the loss of McCain/Palin. They were not the better ticket at election time.
Talking out of both sides again. You claim to not be blaming anyone for the McCain/Palin loss and yet you claim that ACORN helped fix the election.

Because the leaders and points of influence in those groups are liberal and always vote Democrat. As I've proven in prior threads - in areas of poverty/low-income the Democrats remain in control for decades and longer - promising these people a better life - only never delivering on it. For lack of a better description, those people don't know any better. They don't understand it - and vote according to what the vocal people in the community tell them to do - or what their pastor tells them to do.
And I've seen many white ministers and televangelists telling their "flocks" how to vote on many issues. But it's okay because they are more educated? Four words...Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps

I am not saying anyone is stupid. What I'm saying is this:

1. Obama wins that election regardless of the minority vote. And
2. ACORN is a fraudulent, unscrupulous smokescreen of a group that exists for no other REAL reason than to jam voting boxes with Democratic votes.

Number one, in 2008, was mutually exclusive to #2.

Until they are actually found guilty of something by law, all this speculating is just pure garbage. Period. You can stop insinuating that ACORN's only role was to "fix the vote" or to bring out more "unedumakated ghetto types" to your precious polls. You wonder why people find you to be bigoted? Here's ANOTHER prime example, star...
[/QUOTE]
Star you've stated before that you can't really know what it is like to be black so please stop trying to argue with me, VB, therarity, and any other black guy or gal on here about what is or isn't racist. We've had to deal with it our whole lives so I think we know more about it than you.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
450,000 were new registrations
450,000 were changes of address
20-25% (260,000-325,000) were duplicates
5% (65,000) were incomplete
1-1.5% (13,000-19,500) were fraudulent.

C'mon, Man.

325,000 duplicates?

That's fraud.

As far as the rest of your post - okay. We're getting sidetracked.

I'm not making excuses for the election. Obama won fair and square.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Star you've stated before that you can't really know what it is like to be black so please stop trying to argue with me, VB, therarity, and any other black guy or gal on here about what is or isn't racist. We've had to deal with it our whole lives so I think we know more about it than you.[/QUOTE]

Okay.

But I can still talk about ACORN.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
C'mon, Man.

325,000 duplicates?

That's fraud.

Fine. Take those votes out of the picture too. The results STILL stay the same. There's still more than 1 Million voters that registered legitimately through ACORN. The mass majority of people who registered with ACORN were legal voters. It's safe to say that ACORN didn't do as much harm as you make it seem, nor does it suggest that they were there just to fix the election.

I'm not making excuses for the election.

By constantly making comments and gripes about ACORN, you're certainly fishing for one.

Obama won fair and square.

Agreed. Now, let's put 2008 to rest and focus on 2012. Perhaps you can let the GOP in on some ideas to win over minority voters?

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not exaggerating in any way. Obama got the independents and the majority of the middle/center. I think you misinterpreted my post.

Again, you misunderstood my post. Obama won easily; I'm not blaming anyone for the loss of McCain/Palin. They were not the better ticket at election time.

Because the leaders and points of influence in those groups are liberal and always vote Democrat. As I've proven in prior threads - in areas of poverty/low-income the Democrats remain in control for decades and longer - promising these people a better life - only never delivering on it. For lack of a better description, those people don't know any better. They don't understand it - and vote according to what the vocal people in the community tell them to do - or what their pastor tells them to do.

I am not saying anyone is stupid. What I'm saying is this:

1. Obama wins that election regardless of the minority vote. And
2. ACORN is a fraudulent, unscrupulous smokescreen of a group that exists for no other REAL reason than to jam voting boxes with Democratic votes.

Number one, in 2008, was mutually exclusive to #2.

Until they are actually found guilty of something by law, all this speculating is just pure garbage. Period. You can stop insinuating that ACORN's only role was to "fix the vote" or to bring out more "unedumakated ghetto types" to your precious polls. You wonder why people find you to be bigoted? Here's ANOTHER prime example, star...
[/QUOTE]

Star you've stated before that you can't really know what it is like to be black so please stop trying to argue with me, VB, therarity, and any other black guy or gal on here about what is or isn't racist. We've had to deal with it our whole lives so I think we know more about it than you.

Okay.

But I can still talk about ACORN.[/QUOTE]

Okay and I will talk about the many different ways the Republicans tried to stop blacks from voting in the last few elections.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
What debate here? There's no debate. There hasn't been one factual defense for Acorn on here. Would you like to provide one?
I'm waiting for one of you to say "wow, that was very disturbing. US tax payer money should not go to any organization that does things like that. There should be an investigation." But of course you're not going to do that because you love ACORN...

In actuality it was very disturbing that ACORN's detractors ,including those in Congress, relied on O'Keefe's manufactured stories to justify condemnation of ACORN instead of awaiting and relying on the investigation's outcome which proved O'Keefe's tales to be false and cleared ACORN of any criminal wrongdoing.

B'klyn ACORN cleared over giving illegal advice on how to hide money from prostitution

"Brooklyn prosecutors on Monday <March 1,2010> cleared ACORN of criminal wrongdoing after a four-month probe that began when undercover conservative activists filmed workers giving what appeared to be illegal advice on how to hide money.

While the video by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles seemed to show three ACORN workers advising a prostitute how to hide ill-gotten gains, the unedited version was not as clear, according to a law enforcement source.
"They edited the tape to meet their agenda," said the source.
O'Keefe and Giles - who visited ACORN offices in several cities, including its Brooklyn headquarters - stirred controversy when they posted the videos on their Web site.

Reaction at ACORN, which is in the process of reorganizing and is struggling to re-establish its financing, was subdued.
"Acorn is gratified that the DA has concluded something we knew all along," ACORN lawyer Arthur Schwartz said, adding it was "unfortunate" the O'Keefe and Giles used "subterfuge to convince congress and the media to vilify an organization that didn't deserve it."

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
More ACORN news from the "bubblegum" media.:biggrin1:

ACORN's funding was restored. Congress' use of punitive legislation against ACORN in absence of a trial, with ACORN never being convicted of fraud, was unwarranted and ruled unconstitutional. Had Congress heeded the sage advice of Rep. Alan Grayson it would not have proceeded with the legislation at all. On Oct. 28, 2009 Grayson told his colleagues their proposed ACORN specific legislation was an unlawful, unconstitutional bill of attainder.

YouTube - Rep. Alan Grayson: 'Defund-ACORN' Law Should Apply To Corrupt Defense Contractors, Too!

Judge restores ACORN funding - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Dec. 12, 2009.

"Nina Gershon, a district judge in New York, issued a preliminary injunction directing the department of Housing and Urban Development, the Office of Management and Budget and the Treasury department to disregard a bill signed into law by President Obama that prohibited federal funding of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now...

<Quote Gershon> &#8220;The question here is only whether the Constitution allows Congress to declare that a single, named organization is barred from all federal funding in the absence of a trial,&#8221; Gershon wrote in her opinion. &#8220;Because it does not, and because the plaintiffs have shown the likelihood of irreparable harm in the absence of an injunction, I grant the plaintiffs&#8217; motion for a preliminary injunction.&#8221;

Gershon said that &#8220;none of the government&#8217;s justifications stand up to scrutiny&#8221; and that &#8220;no non-punitive rational&#8221; is obvious.

ACORN was the subject of bipartisan disdain in September, after undercover videos were released that seemed to show the organization&#8217;s employees offering advice on how to break the law. Republicans and Democrats voted to stop federal funding of the group &#8211; a measure signed into law by the president on the back of an appropriations bill."

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
More ACORN news from the "bubblegum" media.:biggrin1:

ACORN's funding was restored. Congress' use of punitive legislation against ACORN in absence of a trial, with ACORN never being convicted of fraud, was unwarranted and ruled unconstitutional. Had Congress heeded the sage advice of Rep. Alan Grayson it would not have proceeded with the legislation at all. On Oct. 28, 2009 Grayson told his colleagues their proposed ACORN specific legislation was an unlawful, unconstitutional bill of attainder.

YouTube - Rep. Alan Grayson: 'Defund-ACORN' Law Should Apply To Corrupt Defense Contractors, Too!

Judge restores ACORN funding - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Dec. 12, 2009.

"Nina Gershon, a district judge in New York, issued a preliminary injunction directing the department of Housing and Urban Development, the Office of Management and Budget and the Treasury department to disregard a bill signed into law by President Obama that prohibited federal funding of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now...

<Quote Gershon> “The question here is only whether the Constitution allows Congress to declare that a single, named organization is barred from all federal funding in the absence of a trial,” Gershon wrote in her opinion. “Because it does not, and because the plaintiffs have shown the likelihood of irreparable harm in the absence of an injunction, I grant the plaintiffs’ motion for a preliminary injunction.”

Gershon said that “none of the government’s justifications stand up to scrutiny” and that “no non-punitive rational” is obvious.

ACORN was the subject of bipartisan disdain in September, after undercover videos were released that seemed to show the organization’s employees offering advice on how to break the law. Republicans and Democrats voted to stop federal funding of the group – a measure signed into law by the president on the back of an appropriations bill."

This is the stuff of some bleak, Orwellian drama in which the machinery of unfettered dark power runs roughshod over the landscape.

Only it's real.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And sadly O'Keefe's evil scheme led to ACORN's demise::frown1:

ACORN plans to shut down - CNN.com

In some ways, I think the shutting down of ACORN may be for the best.
At least this way, it would make people from the right shut up about voter fraud that had no effect of the outcome of the 2008 election. Plus, they'll receive their metaphorical masturbational joy out of shutting down what they felt to be the reason why Obama won. That way, if and when the GOP presidential hopeful loses in 2012 they'll be fewer excuses for them to latch onto.

Besides, it's not as if there won't be another company out there willing to pick up where ACORN left off. Someone else will take the reigns to get minorities to vote, which is something the GOP doesn't want happening because they've struggled to get a substantial amount of votes from minority sectors for decades.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Glenn Beck is such a wonderful american...oops, I mean Mormon. :biggrin1:
That's not how you spell moron. :biggrin1:

What has me in disbelief is the (typical) hypocrisy from the right-wing media. They demonize and attack Michael Moore for 'misleading' and 'manipulating' reporting, yet O'Keefe and Giles are championed for the very same antics.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
...Besides, it's not as if there won't be another company out there willing to pick up where ACORN left off. Someone else will take the reigns to get minorities to vote, which is something the GOP doesn't want happening because they've struggled to get a substantial amount of votes from minority sectors for decades.

I'd imagine it's already in the works, my friend.

Opponents of what good ACORN had accomplished (housing opportunities, voter registration, inner city youth projects, minority rights issues) may have contributed in some respect to the demise of the organization (though certain members of the organization itself had perhaps more to do with it), but the thousands of people who volunteered their services, and more importantly, the spirit and causes for which they worked still survive.

They'll reorganize into a newer, more cleanly operated entity; one eligible for the federal funding denied ACORN in the wake of its problems.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-03-24-acorn-vows_N.htm

http://www.alternet.org/story/145371/

Last edited: