ACORN registers Mickey Mouse in Florida

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ACORN is a non-profit organization dedicated to regestering low-income voters(a thought that frightens the republicans). This cycle they have registered MILLIONS of voters of which 10-20 were found to be bad registrations. It is NOT some sort of massive Obama Election Fraud scheme......

1. ACORN's primary goal is to empower economically lower class citizens. One of the many ways they do this is by registering people to vote. While ACORN does not discriminate they do focus primarily on exploited groups such as Hispanics and African Americans, which of course have higher numbers of impoverished individuals. Such groups obviously pose a threat to McCain and his fellow Republicans.

1. It is ILLEGAL for ACORN, or any other group or individual, to not submit a completed voter registration form to the appropriate office of the supervisor of elections. It does not matter whether or not the form is obviously filled out fraudulently (e.g. if the person writes his or her name as Mickey Mouse) or even if the person who fills it out says they are lying. The reason this law exists is to prevent groups from discarding, and therefore disenfranchising groups that they do not want to vote. What this means is that in any and every voter registration drive there will be fraudulent registration forms.

1. ACORN takes extra time and effort to separate voter registration forms that are obvious forgeries from the legitimate forms so that the supervisor of elections can deal with them properly.
AND
Just four days ago it was reported that:
The McCain campaign is launching a new line of attack slamming Obama’s judgment for his past ties to the community organizing group, ACORN, which is currently under investigation for voter fraud.
In a new web video, the campaign asserts that Obama’s ties to the organization "run long and deep"...
The ad concludes by accusing Obama of "bad judgment" and "blind ambition."
Then yesterday we learned that John McCain was the headliner in a 2006 ACORN-sponsored rally "in support of comprehensive immigration reform." And today we have more video of McCain embracing ACORN and their allies.:

YouTube - McCainAcorn

Time for the MCCain campaign to move onto an issue people care about.

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ACORN is a non-profit organization dedicated to regestering low-income voters(a thought that frightens the republicans). This cycle they have registered MILLIONS of voters of which 10-20 were found to be bad registrations. It is NOT some sort of massive Obama Election Fraud scheme......AND
Just four days ago it was reported that:
The McCain campaign is launching a new line of attack slamming Obama’s judgment for his past ties to the community organizing group, ACORN, which is currently under investigation for voter fraud.
In a new web video, the campaign asserts that Obama’s ties to the organization "run long and deep"...
The ad concludes by accusing Obama of "bad judgment" and "blind ambition."

Then yesterday we learned that John McCain was the headliner in a 2006 ACORN-sponsored rally "in support of comprehensive immigration reform." And today we have more video of McCain embracing ACORN and their allies.:

YouTube - McCainAcorn

Time for the MCCain campaign to move onto an issue people care about.

Thank you kind sir, for that post. I was being extremely sarcastic in my response to the OP, but that was what he was trying to imply. btw.....I agree with you 100%

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure somewhere in America, there is a dude with the name of Mickey Mouse

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Give us all a break. Voter fraud has been going on for a long time. In 1960, Sam Giancana committed fraud in Chicago to steal the election for Kennedy. Dead people still vote in Chicago. Shoot, dead people vote where I live. If I catch their ballots by mail, I send them back deceased.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For one month, anyone forced to watch Fox News has been met with a story about ACORN and "Vote Fraud".
Even Greta Van Susteren!, who used to be restricted to fluff pieces about missing blond teenage girls is now nonstop ACORN. We also have more ACORN paranoia in the WSJ today.
According to Fox and the GOP, ACORN is planning to drag dirty homeless people to the polls eight, nine, or ten times to cast ballots for Barack Obama on Election Day. Never mind that this type of vote fraud has NEVER HAPPENED in any meaningful way in all US presidential election history. The McCain campaign needs the narrative to try to de-legitimize an Obama Victory and prep the nation for what will probably be a nightmare of dirty GOP tricks at the polls next month.
Let's be clear about what this is. These are random stories about fake vote registrations. The Drudges and Fox scoundrels of the world seem to think that if someone fills out a voter registration card for Mickey Mouse, that Mickey Mouse might show up and cast a vote they're not entitled to cast. It doesn't and there is zero evidence of any voter fraud or anything that would make voter fraud more likely. The level of lying, bad faith or at best ignorance of the people making these claims is really beyond imagining. This isn't vote fraud. There's no evidence of vote fraud. Nothing. This is an effort of a losing political party to a) lay the groundwork for challenging their defeat at the polls b) lay the groundwork to pass laws to make it harder for poor people and minorities to vote.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ohio has 660,000 new voter registrants this year. I'm glad to see a good turnout, however, this is exceptional by any standard. One man claims to have registered 77 times over a 1 1/2 year period and recieved free cigarettes from Acorn.

I doubt that many of these folks will make it to the voting booth anyway.

I wonder if they can register Batman and Bruce Wayne, or if that is considered duplication.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
This election will be full of voter fraud. So many people desperately want their candidate to win. The thing about Mickey Mouse is the voters don't hold their punch card still with one hand, they'll vote wrong again. Maybe, mickey will win in Florida.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Give us all a break. Voter fraud has been going on for a long time. In 1960, Sam Giancana committed fraud in Chicago to steal the election for Kennedy. Dead people still vote in Chicago. Shoot, dead people vote where I live. If I catch their ballots by mail, I send them back deceased.

true

and as a Texan, you know it's a given, in any joke, that Dems not only register several times, but vote as many times, as well

Ohio has 660,000 new voter registrants this year. I'm glad to see a good turnout, however, this is exceptional by any standard. One man claims to have registered 77 times over a 1 1/2 year period and recieved free cigarettes from Acorn.

I doubt that many of these folks will make it to the voting booth anyway.

I wonder if they can register Batman and Bruce Wayne, or if that is considered duplication.

gives one hope, that all these massive numbers reported as newly-registered voters, ignited by the Obama campaign, will not generate the numbers needed to elect him

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How would they even know that? Most of your basic voters registration cards do not have a place for party affiliation. Just some more :bsflag:

This are some mysterious unknowns in this election. I believe the outcome, on election day, may be rather surprising to all of us.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
This is a problem caused by the "piece work" nature of most of these "voter registration" drives/companies. They tend hire un-employed people often long term un-employed people who either can't a job anywhere else or have been fired from every job they have ever had. Sometime they are not the hardest workers in the world and maybe not the most honest either, reasons for the former two conditions.

Then surprise of all surprises these less than motivated, less than honest workers rapidly figure out that rather than do it the hard way by going out and knocking on doors or meeting people in the street it is a whole lot easier to just get a copy of the white pages and start filling out the cards while sitting on the couch getting high or getting blown.

Voter registration fraud? yes for sure. Voter fraud? If NONE of those people show up to vote then it's not voter fraud.

If "by accident" one of those people plucked from the white pages who then because he/she maybe got a voter registration card in the mail shows up at his/her proper polling places to vote, is properly ID'd and then votes for who ever, well that isn't voter fraud either.

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do you believe everything that coincides with your views?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There is a very low-tech and simple solution to voter fraud. One that is used by many countries and the world, including the one I live in.

After you cast your ballot, the officials put a dab of black paint on your fingernail. The paint will not come off for about a week even with solvents. It must be some kind of epoxy or something. You see people picking at it for days after the election. People here wear it as a kind of badge of honor.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
how I know the election is over...

the mainstream media couldn't CARE LESS about this story, and is making nothing of this story. they've protect BHO the whole way through...

when 74 yr old retirees couldn't figure out how to punch the hole in a punch card in 2000, it was voter fraud-human rights violations-and corruption all rolled into one. when it's blatant cheating... up front. it's 99% coverage on Joe Plumber. wow.

media is going to go through major scrutiny circa 2010-11.