ACORN registers Mickey Mouse in Florida

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...One man claims to have registered 77 times over a 1 1/2 year period...

and it has been found that each one of his registrations used the same address, which effectively means NOTHING.

all this BS about registrations. all the fake registrations in the world will not have an impact on who votes. a Mickey Mouse can not show up at a polling place to cast a vote on election day. sheeeeeesh.

ACORN is required by law to turn in every registration card, however they have been shown to flag any and all registrations that appear to be questionable.

This whole thing is just a fucking smoke screen to scare the electorate and to set the stage for legal maneuvering on November 4th.

Let's face it, the republicans have a long history of vote suppression and voter fraud, none the least of which was Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
and it has been found that each one of his registrations used the same address, which effectively means NOTHING.

all this BS about registrations. all the fake registrations in the world will not have an impact on who votes. a Mickey Mouse can not show up at a polling place to cast a vote on election day. sheeeeeesh.

ACORN is required by law to turn in every registration card, however they have been shown to flag any and all registrations that appear to be questionable.

This whole thing is just a fucking smoke screen to scare the electorate and to set the stage for legal maneuvering on November 4th.

Let's face it, the republicans have a long history of vote suppression and voter fraud, none the least of which was Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004.

It will have an impact because a lot of the voter registrations in question have voted absentee. The social security numbers and addresses do not match. The secretary of state in Ohio has refused to do her job and do anything about it. That lessens the value of the vote of every citizen in Ohio. Funny thing about is a citizen can now sue, and the Supreme Court will make her do her job.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Pretending the Republicans did anything different then Democrats? I know there are many like you but they are not those one generally attributes basic reason with. :rolleyes:

D

deleted15807

QFT. Crooks and Liars.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We're not getting our way, let's blame someone else! It's Bill Clinton's fault! It's ACORN's fault! Your guy voted present! They changed the wording on proposition 8! Katie Couric was mean! Nancy Pelosi poisoned the debate! Gwen Ifill wrote a book! Activist judges! Liberal media!

In 2000, you were the guys waving signs reading "Sore/Loserman": you will never be able to take the higher ground on that issue again.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We're not getting our way, let's blame someone else! It's Bill Clinton's fault! It's ACORN's fault! Your guy voted present! They changed the wording on proposition 8! Katie Couric was mean! Nancy Pelosi poisoned the debate! Gwen Ifill wrote a book! Activist judges! Liberal media!

The right wing noise machine is skilled at portraying conservatives as victims. Its the most effective motivational tool ever.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media

In 2000, you were the guys waving signs reading "Sore/Loserman": you will never be able to take the higher ground on that issue again.

It might help if you specified which individuals you were aiming that post at.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
The politics of distraction will not let up. It is that very distraction, that most people could care less about, that will cost McInsane the election. My concern is that with all the attention given by MSNBC and such, are they simply adding fuel to the fire? Why not just ignore the crap, rise above it, and do as Obama does, continue to push real-world issues, the economy and the war that continues to steal all our money?

[And let his lawyers fight all the ACORN crap behind the scenes!]

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
It will have an impact because a lot of the voter registrations in question have voted absentee. The social security numbers and addresses do not match. The secretary of state in Ohio has refused to do her job and do anything about it. That lessens the value of the vote of every citizen in Ohio. Funny thing about is a citizen can now sue, and the Supreme Court will make her do her job.

the Supreme Court voted yesterday to not persue this further. The votes are counted.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The right wing noise machine is skilled at portraying conservatives as victims. Its the most effective motivational tool ever.

Not only that, they somehow are able to spin the story so that the real victims are the ones responsible. All in the pursuit of the American Dream that doesn't even exist.

Reality never has been a strong suit for some of these people.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Bullshit. This is the problem when people let their emotions rule their viewpoint. I don't believe for one minute Obama has anything to do with this but I do believe people are willing to steal the election to make sure they get what they want. That is a terrible tragedy, and a total breakdown in how democracy is supposed to work.
The problem in florida was old people punched the wrong hole, and then said oops I want to do that again. It's not going to happen. You screwed up, you screwed up. I think they should abolish that form of ballot. As I've posted before, I voted on this screwed up things. If you have to hold it with one hand, and punch with another, what a bother.
We have paper printed ballots with circles you color in with a pencil. It's so much easier, and it makes a recount possible with little hassle.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Bullshit. This is the problem when people let their emotions rule their viewpoint. I don't believe for one minute Obama has anything to do with this but I do believe people are willing to steal the election to make sure they get what they want. That is a terrible tragedy, and a total breakdown in how democracy is supposed to work.
The problem in florida was old people punched the wrong hole, and then said oops I want to do that again. It's not going to happen. You screwed up, you screwed up. I think they should abolish that form of ballot. As I've posted before, I voted on this screwed up things. If you have to hold it with one hand, and punch with another, what a bother.
We have paper printed ballots with circles you color in with a pencil. It's so much easier, and it makes a recount possible with little hassle.

Now you're talking (although you still insist on interjecting the "old" part in there but, I guess this is a start). The cornerstone of democracy is the right for all citizens to vote, until the day they die. It is the responsibility of the state to provide the means by which this is accomplished. This means **ALL** people whether or not they are physically able to do so.

People make mistakes. Even early voting mail in ballots have a section that says you can request another ballot if you made a mistake. AZ has early voting paper ballots that require completing the arrow for each candidate or Yes/No proposition. Once you prove you are eligible to vote, you can request an early voting paper ballot be sent to your home.

However, there is no 100% fool proof way to avoid voter fraud. Take, for example, someone in a nursing home who has the ability to communicate but because of a stroke, cannot fill in the ballot by themself. How do they know that their greedy grandson, just visiting to make sure they die so he can get their money, is voting for who they are telling him to? What about the blind? Do all states provide braille ballots?

The system will never, ever be foolproof but we can start with the obvious problems. For example, isn't it Texas that has a primary *and* a caucus? That is just so wrong. In fact, the entire Primary system is a complete waste of taxpayer's money when it comes to a federal election.

In AZ, all parties' candidates were on the ballot, Libertarian, Green, Dem, Rep, and even 1 other I don't remember. Why not just let them all hash it out all year long, stick all their names on the ballot, completely scrap the Electoral College, and vote by simple popular vote?

The entire Primary, Electoral College, apportionment, caucus, system is a total mess. Yet, every time election Reform is brought up in congress, it is shot down and why not? That is how most of them were elected.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Whoops!

On criminal matters, I'm a believer in the concept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty, so I won't comment on this matter, except to suggest that y'all might want to tone down the anti-ACORN rhetoric before it backfires.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

you really don't get it, do you?

ACORN, like many similar groups, hire canvassers to go out and gather voter registration cards. These individuals are paid on a per-signature-card basis, so some of them turned in false cards to boost their own pay.

ACORN caught these misdeeds and reported them to election officials, flagging the cards as questionable or fraudulent.

This has nothing to do with voting. Nobody voted... this is about false registration cards, for which the person named, if real, is not even aware what happened.

This will not, can not, affect what actually happens with voting ballots.

But while we're on the subject let's talk about McCain's campaign purposely mailing out 300,000 erroneous vote-by-mail applications with the wrong Registrar's address so the application could not be processed.

Let's talk about McCain hiring a known voter-fraud felon to work his campaign.

Let's talk about Ohio's republican party trying to suppress the votes of people who have been recently kicked out of their homes due to foreclosure.

Let's talk about the fact that the Ohio Secretary of State had to defend her position in an appeal of a decision in a case brought by republicans attempting to derail this election AGAIN, by waiting to the eleventh hour to kick up this dust storm.

The ACORN matter is a couple of months old - and we know about it precisely because ACORN raised the red flag of concern. The republicans did nothing about it until now in hopes of scaring everyone into submission.

And let's also not forget that ACORN has been so widely praised for its efforts over the YEARS that John McCain was the keynote speaker at ACORN's convention, roundly acknowledging all the good community work they do.

People - keep your eye on the ball... OBAMA and the Dems MUST win!!!

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Whoops!

After raising a stink because ACORN complied with the law, a former election administrator who is now a McCain-Palin spokesman admitted they have no documented cases of actual voter fraud that can be traced back to a false registration form.

After the interview, the McCain-Palin campaign followed up by providing evidence of one instance, not related to ACORN, in which a false registration form led to a vote.